Savion Collins VS Leonard Taylor

Both of them play high. Not impressed with savion all he has is a bull rush but a nice sized kid. He was a lot bigger than all of his opponents. Leonard Taylor looks good but plays high.

Advertisement
Collins looks like He has the potential to be a good/very good college player who may play in the league if he works hard and progresses.
Taylor looks like he will be a 1st round draft pick. Guys his size aren’t supposed to move like he does which is why the few who can play on Sundays for a living.

Advertisement
Let's say taylor wants in....I dont think UM will take 3 DT, so does that mean a guy like Allan Haye will be dropped? How would y'all fell about that?

I think there's def a chance take 3...Whether Moise is one of those 3 (looking less likely) or not. But off of only 1 last year, need 3 this year. DT is a position you throw numbers at.

The portal and numbers ALWAYS works it out in the end. Take all 3 & figure it out later
Hate to agree with a gator but gotta agree....

Portal transfers and players leaving early to the draft is always gonna ripple through the roster

Best thing is to always stack the best talent every season and take anyone who you can be a difference maker here.. hate projecting to a future class as a reason not to take a kid I.e “oh don’t worry that *insert class year* is loaded!! We need the room!”

I actually think Taylor could play strong side DE for us. Might be better to stay lean instead of add weight. I know the camp he did before the pandemic, an article stated he actually looked more comfortable on the edge. Could always start him at DE and slide him inside after a year or two depending on how his body develops

Advertisement
No only that but we only signed one this year in Roberts and he's only 250 and lean,no guarantee he's going to put on enough weight to contribute for a couple years.he could be like Blissett who may never grow into a DT.We need numbers there.

Roberts aint lean wtf

I actually think Taylor could play strong side DE for us. Might be better to stay lean instead of add weight. I know the camp he did before the pandemic, an article stated he actually looked more comfortable on the edge. Could always start him at DE and slide him inside after a year or two depending on how his body develops

I feel the same way

Advertisement
I think you take what you can get. If guys have to leave bc they cant get playing time bc we have better talent on the roster then ok. I mean we have to be better all around and spark competition.

Advertisement
Hate to agree with a gator but gotta agree....

Portal transfers and players leaving early to the draft is always gonna ripple through the roster

Best thing is to always stack the best talent every season and take anyone who you can be a difference maker here.. hate projecting to a future class as a reason not to take a kid I.e “oh don’t worry that *insert class year* is loaded!! We need the room!”

You take them both regardless no matter how many we have on roster. This is what Alabama and Clemson do stack stack stack

Yep look at Bama. I can't recall a freshmen DL they've had who made an immediate impact but come 2 years later you're asking yourself "who the **** is that making plays?", you look him up and he was a former high 4* DL they grabbed and stashed until the time came. You can never have enough talent along the DL

Roberts aint lean wtf
His old man recently mentioned he was 252 I believe and in one of his workout videos to me he looked lean not fat.My point was he's still about 40 lbs from beign able to contribute inside and why we need to load up on DTs in this class as Blissett is also too light to play inside.

Yep look at Bama. I can't recall a freshmen DL they've had who made an immediate impact but come 2 years later you're asking yourself "who the **** is that making plays?", you look him up and he was a former high 4* DL they grabbed and stashed until the time came. You can never have enough talent along the DL
At the risk of a “duh” comment

The trenches is a grown man strength/mentality that needs some S&C to really excel in. Hence why a season or two to get the body right should be expected

At the risk of a “duh” comment

The trenches is a grown man strength/mentality that needs some S&C to really excel in. Hence why a season or two to get the body right should be expected

No doubt but you know what I mean in the sense they stack up to where they arent hurting and have to throw someone out there before they are ready because a starter is underperforming or lack of QUALITY upperclassmen depth.

Advertisement
Back