Savion Collins Says he is 100% Solid with Miami

Paranos

All-ACC

Good read seems like the young man is finally understanding how the recruiting game is played and wants to receive an official offer to sign come signing day. So he is publicly mending fences which had holes created by previous interviews and statements.

Also Collins admits talks with other schools have fallen off so he is getting the life lesson of you better like who likes you and make it work.

“Coach Manny [Diaz] knows what he does,” Collins said. “He chooses the best people that he feels is best qualified for that position. He feels that coach Stroud is the best person, I’m going to go with coach Stroud. I’m going to put my trust in him, and hopefully, he can put his trust in me.”

Also I see playing OG as both a punishment and blessing. He can learn the how olinemen operate and have technique tells/tendency, which he can exploit in college since he is new to the game. Such as OLine foot placement, body lean in stances, high hat on passing plays and low hat on running plays. The most pertinent skill he will learn is how a double team works from the oline perspective and how he can utilize that knowledge to defeat them as a 1or 0 technique. Which he may not have noticed just playing high school DT where he overpowers smaller olinemen.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well took the time to actually read it. Don't see anything where he talks about an official offer. The only thing that worries me is when asked is he 100% committed to us, his answer was "yeah, you can say that"..... Maaan it's either yes or no. That reeks of low confidence. I don't trust anything that this dude say.

Last edited:
Well took the time to actually read it. Don't see anything where he talks about an official offer. The only thing that worries me is when ask is he 100% committed to us, his answer was "yeah, you can say that"..... Maaan it's either yes or no. That reeks of low confidence. I don't trust anything that this dude say.

Whether committed or not if a university doesn't send you an official offer to sign in the days before National Signing Day then you won't be going to that school. So some players get left on NSD with either no letter or have to literally wait until late in the day to sign because the school they want hasn't sent them a NLI letter yet, because the school is waiting on higher priority recruit to sign and fax it back to their school of choice. So yes Collins is committed to UM, but Stroud/Diaz maybe evaluating whether to send that NLI letter to Collins given how things have transpired.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Whether committed or not if a university doesn't send you an official offer to sign in the days before National Signing Day then you won't be going to that school. So some players get left on NSD with either no letter or have to literally wait until late in the day to sign because the school they want hasn't sent them a NLI letter yet, because the school is waiting on higher priority recruit to sign and fax it back to their school of choice. So yes Collins is committed to UM, but Stroud/Diaz maybe evaluating whether to send that NLI letter to Collins given how things have transpired.

Go Canes
Oh I didn't know that he never got a committable offer. I thought that was "new" news.

Advertisement
Is it me or are OL/DL switches very rare these days in CFB? Seems like it's been a while since that was more common. Usually it was a HS DL switching to college OL. I think the last guy who was like that was Norton who was a really good 2 way but primarily an OL in HS.

Advertisement
If we're short on scholarships for a QB, a CB or Lewis, this is the kid I'd be taking a hard look at first.

Advertisement
Oh I didn't know that he never got a committable offer. I thought that was "new" news.

His offer is commitable. Now whether the Miami mails him a NLI 14 days before signing day is a different matter. Schools will have 25-28 commits yet not send them a NLI because the school has privately dropped them from the class or are waiting on another recruit to not sign the letter they sent them. Once a recruit has the NLI it's hard for a school not to accept (without a valid reason) if a recruit signs and faxes it back to the school. So at that point the school has to wait on the kid to notify them he is/isn't signing or the school can take a calculated risk by sending out a few more NLI's then they have room for.

In Collins case he is finally realizing that although committed he could be left without a Miami NLI if continues to talk crazy. Miami is taking him as a high potential developmental NT, not a can't miss south Florida special 5* diva.

Go Canes.

Advertisement
Back