Savion Collins huge

Advertisement
Nothing that kid said in the interview was off or negative. He said UM always feels like home and for us to keep doing what we’re doing. I don’t blame him for wanting consistency with coaching and other than our defensive line coach, we’ve had that on the defensive side of the ball. I think most people would say Coach Stroud is a bit odd but a really good man and I’m hoping he’s a great coach.

Nothing that kid said in the interview was off or negative. He said UM always feels like home and for us to keep doing what we’re doing. I don’t blame him for wanting consistency with coaching and other than our defensive line coach, we’ve had that on the defensive side of the ball. I think most people would say Coach Stroud is a bit odd but a really good man and I’m hoping he’s a great coach.
He’s right, we have had 3 dline coaches since February of last year

We win by winning

That Bama WR isnt coming here due to incompetence. Were getting him inspite of having a hesd coach who is 0-0
We don't have him even if he flips. Let us go 7-6 again and we'll be out of the running.

Advertisement
Humm

Man honestly whatever. We handle our business it is all a nothing burger. We dont and we will stay where we are tight now.

60 days until we change ****.

So many stud DT in South Florida next year...Collins, Washington, Hundley, the Chaminade kid, Sapp. Gotta land 2, and obv Collins is prob #1. Just saying, land 2 even if he bolts. Hundley sounds solid.

Is it just me? Or is there a mini civil war going on right now between S. Florida recruits and Miami fans?

Ya there def is... Seems like recruits consider UM fans borderline psycho, stalker types...And let's face it, the kids are brats.

So he didn’t say he was a weird dude. Didn’t say he was going to do what he had to do, and what’s best for his brand like I originally posted...got it
U also left out **** to make it sound like he bashed the team and coaches. What the kid actually said is still cause for concerns that he might decommit at some point. ****, it's almost expected. You just highlighted all the negative points and the "weird guy" thing wasn't even a negative comment. You put a negative vibe on that yourself.
[/QUOTE]
I do appreciate you sharing the story sir

Advertisement
U also left out **** to make it sound like he bashed the team and coaches. What the kid actually said is still cause for concerns that he might decommit at some point. ****, it's almost expected. You just highlighted all the negative points and the "weird guy" thing wasn't even a negative comment. You put a negative vibe on that yourself.
I do appreciate you sharing the story sir
[/QUOTE]
I didn't

So he didn’t say he was a weird dude. Didn’t say he was going to do what he had to do, and what’s best for his brand like I originally posted...got it

Read an article with him on Canesport today. Another article where it sounds like a decommitment is imminent. Called Stroud a “Weird Weird Man”. Doesn’t like The coaching turnover here. Is going to explore his options, do whatever’s best for his brand.

That was the context of the article
to good to be true

Advertisement
When it comes to underclassmen in the state of Florida, fans of recruiting often say the first commitment it just the start of a prospect’s recruitment. So despite Collins having pledged to The U last September, fans of schools from around the country are still keeping a close eye on his recruitment. As far as the biggest threat to flip him now? Florida is a major factor and the Gators continues to push to get him on campus and on their commitment list. Whether he flips or not, the drama isn’t over for Collins, who is still likely to take several visits before now and when it’s time to sign in 2021.

From Woody Wommack
yea bama clems and uga pick up the pace late, there relaxed till bag season

After reading the article it doesn’t seem as bad as OP put it out to be imo.
But I’d doubt Florida is our competition for a dude with that talent level. This kid and other 21 kids down here are gonna get the full court press from the playoff teams.

Advertisement
Miami Southwest High School Class of 2021 DT and Cane commitment
Savion Collinssays he wants to show “domination” at the Rivals Five-Star Challenge this week.

“It’s great competition, I love it,” he said.
Collins also participated at last weekend’s Paradise Camp.
“Paradise was good - that was the first time my mom was on campus,” he said. “That hit home. I did what I had to do. I feel like I did well. I lost twice, besides that I did what I did.”
He says UM “always” feels like home for him. Of course, numerous other programs are chasing him
“I’ll take some other visits just to see everything around,” he said. “I have to keep my options open. … At the end of the day it’s a business, it’s my own brand. I have to do what I have to do.”
Others in his picture are LSU, Alabama, Clemson and Georgia (he hasn’t spoken with Georgia coaches yet, though).
What would seal it up for UM?
“They just have to keep doing what they’re doing,” Collins said.
He indicated he’s not a fan of the coaching turnover at UM …but he’s fine with new DL coach Todd Stroud.
“For right now I’m good - I just like consistency,” he said, adding of Stroud that “He’s weird, a weird dude - he’ a good man … His thinking. It’s a good (weird) type of thing - it’s out of the box.”
I don’t see any issue with anything the kid said except the comment about “his own brand”. Pro athletes have brands, high school players do not have brands lol...

From the Rivals recap yesterday, Mike Farrell puts together a list of "his awards". Collins was mentioned in the one called "Shot of Jolt". This is the write up:

This award is in remembrance of the greatest soda ever, Jolt, which was loaded with caffeine and always brought energy to the table. Defensive tackle
Isaiah Raikes took more one-on-one reps than any defensive lineman at the event and showed off some good quickness and surprising agility.

Honorable mention:
Savion Collins took a ton of reps, even though the 2021 defensive lineman struggled most of the time.

Advertisement
Back