Saturdays are suppose to be enjoyable.

Advertisement
Sucks because I really wanted to believe this year was going to be different. Another lackluster season, and after everyone we have, I invest a little less emotionally and financially the next season.

If that is how you feel then go ahead. No one is stopping you, no one is making you post on here. But you don’t wanna go. You just wanna ***** without any real independent thought. Just a constant regurgitation of the things already being *****ed about.

I mentioned in the game chat last night that this was the moment when Mario lost the fan base.

I like to look at the message board analytics. Here we have a guy who only has 160 posts in eight years. I'd be interested if he ever started a thread before. Yet here he is telling folks that he, a UM alum is washing his hands of Mario. To me, this is a major data point.

@jrock2332 - Thank you for your honesty, sir. We all feel your pain.
This forum is entertaining and has been for years but the wash rinse repeat thing at Miami isn't healthy to watch. It's like watching a kimodo dragon eat a live hog it's not pleasant lol. I went to um from 03 to 07. I remember the powerhouse years and I'm waiting for them to return but I have to be real it might never happen again. It's a slap in the fact to tell the fantasy by your actions that it is okay for a QB to turn the ball over three to four times a game and that no other QB can do better. It's a backslap to the fan base. If we had a competent coach who could manage the game better we might with a little luck be undefeated. Look at fsu they should have several losses but they are undefeated because they haven't shot themselves in the foot. I just the u and I always will but I can't rock with a coach who makes bad decisions that cost us games we should win. When I watch a game it looks fixed like someone is throwing the game.

Advertisement
If that is how you feel then go ahead. No one is stopping you, no one is making you post on here. But you don’t wanna go. You just wanna ***** without any real independent thought. Just a constant regurgitation of the things already being *****ed about.
I'm just a guy who went to um who like most alumni is embarrassed with what I have seen since 05 ish.

Lol it’s TVD. Dude personally cost us two games throwing INTs everywhere
But the coach has decision he is the best option to win. So I am gonna believe the other guys will look that bad and if that is the case you had the fall spring and summer to get another QB to strengthen that position. Poor coaching if you ask me

Man yall have been saying this exact **** for 25 years. It’s coaches, it’s skeemz, etc etc for 25 **** years.

To hear yall tell it, Miami must have the worst luck. 6 head coaches in a row have been the “worst ever,” and 20+ coordinators, and probably 100 position coaches. 6 or 7 AD’s. All trash, back to back to back.

I can’t help but laugh.

Yeah you can believe that if you want, that Miami just keeps getting terrible rolls of the dice, or you can use common sense and say what has been consistently bad and has not changed over 25 years and point to that as the cause instead.

University of Miami football has been a historically terrible football program except for a miracle 20 year stretch that netted 5 national titles. Those years were the exception not the rule.

Advertisement
University of Miami football has been a historically terrible football program except for a miracle 20 year stretch that netted 5 national titles. Those years were the exception not the rule.
Well I think it's because of two things. It's a small university and it's a private university. The only other private university that has won like um is USC and USC is bigger. Correct me if there are anymore.

This forum is entertaining and has been for years but the wash rinse repeat thing at Miami isn't healthy to watch. It's like watching a kimodo dragon eat a live hog it's not pleasant lol. I went to um from 03 to 07. I remember the powerhouse years and I'm waiting for them to return but I have to be real it might never happen again. It's a slap in the fact to tell the fantasy by your actions that it is okay for a QB to turn the ball over three to four times a game and that no other QB can do better. It's a backslap to the fan base. If we had a competent coach who could manage the game better we might with a little luck be undefeated. Look at fsu they should have several losses but they are undefeated because they haven't shot themselves in the foot. I just the u and I always will but I can't rock with a coach who makes bad decisions that cost us games we should win. When I watch a game it looks fixed like someone is throwing the game.
Most importantly it's a slap in the face to the entire team when by your actions you tell them that an injured QB who throws 3 INTs per game is the best we can do and that no other QB could do better. It's even worse when a QB turns the ball over 12 times in 4 starts without a single shred of accountability. That's how you lose a team.

Advertisement
If you sacrifice your saturdays at this point you know what you’re doing. You’re a *********.

We were dominant for most of the 80s and IMO would have run all the way through 2002 if not for the Pell Grant scandal. Football was not on the decline, and there was not a fundamental shift in the college landscape. And if things had worked out with Butch (different sides to the story there ), UM is a nationally relevant program for the early 2000s, maybe almost up to now. We think the 20 year stretch was the exception because UM made egregiously bad hires and bad decisions (i.e. The Orange Bowl) at every opportunity after Butch Davis left. The right coach can fix this program. Unfortunately for the fans, that coach likely doesn't have UM ties so that means he isn't getting hired.

It recently dawned on me that almost half my life we have been terrible. College football used to be my very favorite thing in the world.

I have this frame of reference of our glory days, when I was a kid and my grandfather made it a point for me to watch all the games with him…but at this point it has been two decades since we were at the pinnacle of the sport, and that is just reality.

But the realization that we have been bad for so long is so depressing. Definitely have a more apathetic approach to the game in general, which sucks. 2017 was fun for a while.

I just want college football to be fun again, man. Is that too much to ask?

Advertisement
Most importantly it's a slap in the face to the entire team when by your actions you tell them that an injured QB who throws 3 INTs per game is the best we can do and that no other QB could do better. It's even worse when a QB turns the ball over 12 times in 4 starts without a single shred of accountability. That's how you lose a team.
To me I don't see how you can trust Mario based off the evidence we have. The kneel, playing a guy who is playing about as poor as you can play. Then based off your decision telling the world no other QB could do better than what we have seen. It's too much man. We are not idiots some of us have played football and watch it thoroughly. We know 🗑️. These decisions are 🗑️. I don't know how you can tell a kid to come play in this offense .

The issue started with Donna shalala as the president of the university. She didn't like the image of the football team so they didn't invest in that part of athletics. Then they should've hired Greg schiano instead of Larry coker. Randy Shannon was 🗑️ not HC material al golden same marc richt was a under achiever at Georgia and half way retired Manny Diaz was trash not HC material. This guy Mario is the laughing stock of CF for his decision making on Saturdays. We didn't have a Ad for a long time also some guy named Blake James was somehow over the athletic dept but he wasn't an Ad.
Fans are concerned with their own coaching, they're not following or care what Mario is doing. I really pity people who go.into a state of dispare everytime an 18 or 19 year old does not meet their expectations. This is a 3 to 4 year rebuild because 20 years of mediocrity gives you very little cache with recruits.
I would suggest many should spend their weekends knitting. Then again maybe not; I wouldn’t want to see anyone stabbing themselves with the needles if they made a mistake.

I can't be the only one planning not to watch us play FSU on Saturday.

Advertisement
Back