Satterfield to…Cincinnati??

Purdue has to be nervous AF right now.
He has turned the job down - reportedly - twice.

He's got a good thing going at the 'due...if Louisville is going to get him, the Brinks needs to be enroute and I'd wager some legit organizational / NIL concessions need to be comin.

Advertisement
Cincy isn't a job meant to keep a coach. Its a step-up job. And its been a good spot to parlay it into another.

Fickell to Wisconsin
Tuberville to Congress
Butch Jones to Tennessee
Brian Kelly to Notre Dame
Mark Dantonio to Michigan State

Louisville used to be in the same kind of realm as a step up job, but its been a mess. Satterfield been looking to bounce for a while, and was on the hot seat likely anyway. I don't see this as a bad move for Satterfield the way some of yall do.

Also, it does not matter that Texas and Oklahoma are gone. The BigXII will have a seat at the table for the foreseeable future for the playoffs.
Big 12 just signed a much better TV contract and lets face it Big 12 is a football conference...... ACC Bball conference and football is an after thought

Didn’t L’ville lose/fire their AD? IIRC he was considered one of the best a short time ago with all three big sports killing it.

Advertisement
and even to Tulsa (he was dealing with ANOTHER scandal at Mizzou as well losing in the 1st round as 2nd seed).

I was on the basketball team under both Haith and Coach L.... man Haith was one awful coach.
Haith was a special kind of incompetent. Nice guy, but horrible in regards to basketball tactics. How he wasted Jack McClinton was criminal.

What a move by Satterfield. On the hot seat for a while and still parlays a .500 record into a pay bump from 1.6Mil to 3.4mil. Know your worth folks!

Advertisement
He has turned the job down - reportedly - twice.

He's got a good thing going at the 'due...if Louisville is going to get him, the Brinks needs to be enroute and I'd wager some legit organizational / NIL concessions need to be comin.
Bump for referring to Purdue as “the ‘due.”

Smart move. He was on his last leg there , he jumped a year before getting canned

Yeah I mean you see this everywhere. This is just not a football thing. How many times have we seen some guy that was about to get fired bolt for another job. It’s not rocket science, he was definitely on the hot seat, I would’ve done it myself.

SIAP, but anyone bring up the fact that Louisville is playing Cinci in a bowl game 🤣

I'll be there! Go to a random bowl with some buddies every year. Tried Fenway Bowl last year but it was canceled, so we're trying again this year. Keg of Nails rivalry, should make me laugh at least even if the game isn't great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back