Rumor San Mario Turned Down Bama

DeBoer will be Bama's Harsin +/-.

R7IYpzLLMBomk.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
DeBoer can do more with less. He’d win much more than Mario IMO. He’s now going to a place with bags. Dude is a slam dunk A+ hire.

Possibly, but it's curious as to why he wasn’t #1 on their list. Clearly they went after several others and got turned down. It seems that the job would have been Norvell's if he wanted it. If they actually believed Norvell was a better fit than DeBoer, it makes me wonder why.

Advertisement
In all seriousness, how big was that no-kneel for the perception of our season and Mario as a co(r)ch overall? Not to oversimply or play what if, but we bend the knee there (or the refs get it right) - even if the entire rest of the season played out the same - that's 8 wins. 3 more than the year prior instead of just 2. And probably a lot less vitriol and negativity around the program than we have now. CFB is not for the faint-hearted.
And..... we might not have had to play the mighty Rutgers in the Bowl game..... LOL!!!

I'm sorry... I'll sign off now...
Richard Pryor Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

In all seriousness, how big was that no-kneel for the perception of our season and Mario as a co(r)ch overall? Not to oversimply or play what if, but we bend the knee there (or the refs get it right) - even if the entire rest of the season played out the same - that's 8 wins. 3 more than the year prior instead of just 2. And probably a lot less vitriol and negativity around the program than we have now. CFB is not for the faint-hearted.

Only 1 person to blame for the self induced cloud

Advertisement
I would rather have Mario than Deboer. Y'all might take a little while to learn, but you'll see the elephant in the room eventually. Alabama is no longer Alabama. Nick Saban made that place work. They won't crash and burn the way Miami did in the early 2000's but they're declining now for sure.

Deboer is completely unproven and he can't recruit. They'll slide

DeBoer can do more with less. He’d win much more than Mario IMO. He’s now going to a place with bags. Dude is a slam dunk A+ hire.
I disagree On the slam dunk hire part…He’s a good schematic coach but he is not a fit for bama. He has no idea the pressure he will be under and winning 12 games a year is expected. He coached, and won, a lot of close games at Washington. That’s not sustainable. I also don’t think he has the personality to deal with the boosters and such at bama….i Don’t think he will sustain the recruiting they've had either, and how does he Do without a penix? I dont think he will crash and burn like strong and Herman at Texas, but they found out real quick that it’s more than just an x and o job.

Advertisement
Possibly, but it's curious as to why he wasn’t #1 on their list. Clearly they went after several others and got turned down. It seems that the job would have been Norvell's if he wanted it. If they actually believed Norvell was a better fit than DeBoer, it makes me wonder why.
Who did they go after? I assume Lanning who also would be a great hire. Not sure on Norvell but he just got $10 M per year where he’s at. Anyone else?

I disagree On the slam dunk hire part…He’s a good schematic coach but he is not a fit for bama. He has no idea the pressure he will be under and winning 12 games a year is expected. He coached, and won, a lot of close games at Washington. That’s not sustainable. I also don’t think he has the personality to deal with the boosters and such at bama….i Don’t think he will sustain the recruiting they've had either, and how does he Do without a penix? I dont think he will crash and burn like strong and Herman at Texas, but they found out real quick that it’s more than just an x and o job.
We’ll see. He did well at Boise before a Washington and Penix. Penix wasn’t who he is today when DeBoer got him from Indiana just like Norvell made Travis better.

Advertisement
Back