Rumor San Mario Turned Down Bama

Advertisement
Here’s a news flash old chum; there’s only one winner in a CFP Championship Game.

Here’s also breaking news; since the inception of CFP there’s only the following active coaches who have been participants:

1. Smart (94-16 or .855 winning%)
2. Dabo (170-43 or .798 winning%)
3. Day (56-8 or .875 winning%)
4. Harbaugh (115-46 or .714 winning%)
5. Dykes (89-72 or .553 winning%)
6. DeBoer (37-9 or .804 winning%)
7. Riley (74-18 or .804 winning%)
8. Kelly (186-69 or .729 winning%)
9. Fickle (71-31 or .696 winning%)
10. Sarkisian (71-49 or .591 winning%)

Only 3 guys from this list actually won the Nat’l Title. Ya’ll keep saying “but can he recruit.” He’s an X’s & O’s guru where his guys beat Oregon (“better players”), USC (“better players”), & Texas (“better players”). Stop regurgitating the same chit & be more creative.

There’s been a lot of good recruiters like Zook, Muschamp, Strong, Willingham to name a few, and did chit b/c they couldn’t coach and eventually recruiting suffered b/c their coaching was deplorable. DeBoer can coach, period. He won’t be at Saban’s level, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama is consistently contending and pushing for Nat’l Titles w/ new resources behind him.
Wait a minute. You left off Frost and Norvell. The internet said they won championships too and the internet never lies.

Advertisement
He’s a really good coach so he went undefeated. Who cares what his recruiting rankings are when he wins 90% of his games for his career
He went undefeated this year and turned all that momentum into finishing with the #36 ranked class.

He must not be so hot at recruiting and no matter how good a coach you are if you don't recruit you'll lose.

Advertisement
Here’s a lil Sumthin sumthin for ye all MariBros to slurp on. DeBoer and Mario started their new jobs at the same time. Here’s their successors’ final year and their results…

View attachment 278301View attachment 278302
I can't believe you'd selectively compile the data to make Mario look bad. 7-5 Manny team was completely empty and devoid of talent. DeBoer had kids already toughened up by the 4-8 Jimmy Lake squad. Mario has rebuilt the lines. This is a slow build brother! Mario has us in the right direction. What about what he did at Oregon? Checkmate

Here’s a news flash old chum; there’s only one winner in a CFP Championship Game.

Here’s also breaking news; since the inception of CFP there’s only the following active coaches who have been participants:

1. Smart (94-16 or .855 winning%)
2. Dabo (170-43 or .798 winning%)
3. Day (56-8 or .875 winning%)
4. Harbaugh (115-46 or .714 winning%)
5. Dykes (89-72 or .553 winning%)
6. DeBoer (37-9 or .804 winning%)
7. Riley (74-18 or .804 winning%)
8. Kelly (186-69 or .729 winning%)
9. Fickle (71-31 or .696 winning%)
10. Sarkisian (71-49 or .591 winning%)

Only 3 guys from this list actually won the Nat’l Title. Ya’ll keep saying “but can he recruit.” He’s an X’s & O’s guru where his guys beat Oregon (“better players”), USC (“better players”), & Texas (“better players”). Stop regurgitating the same chit & be more creative.

There’s been a lot of good recruiters like Zook, Muschamp, Strong, Willingham to name a few, and did chit b/c they couldn’t coach and eventually recruiting suffered b/c their coaching was deplorable. DeBoer can coach, period. He won’t be at Saban’s level, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Bama is consistently contending and pushing for Nat’l Titles w/ new resources behind him.
Biased. You selectively left out Mario

And..... we might not have had to play the mighty Rutgers in the Bowl game..... LOL!!!

I'm sorry... I'll sign off now...
Richard Pryor Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies
great movie btw

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s done far more with far less than Mario has done. What matters ultimately is what you do on the field. Recruiting is supposed to help get you there but recruiting isn’t the ends it’s a means. Mario’s a great recruiter. Meanwhile on the field this is what each took over and what they did recently…

View attachment 278305View attachment 278306
It’s mind boggling to me that you have to explain this to anyone.

It’s as if they’re living in an alternate reality where great recruiting is way more important than actually being great on the field, where real wins and losses matter most.

I would rather have Mario than Deboer. Y'all might take a little while to learn, but you'll see the elephant in the room eventually. Alabama is no longer Alabama. Nick Saban made that place work. They won't crash and burn the way Miami did in the early 2000's but they're declining now for sure.

Deboer is completely unproven and he can't recruit. They'll slide
Unproven? This is why most posters on CiS can’t take posters like you seriously. The dude has won everywhere he’s been, has a winning percentage that puts Mario to shame, and just did what Mario has failed to do with a way less talented team than Mario had at Oregon or Miami.

Dude. LOL.

He’s 104-12 all time as a HC. He turned around a Washington program immediately with an 11-win season and a Natty appearance in his second year.

Some of you need to think before you speak.
It’s as if they’re just posting to porst.

Advertisement
Back