Samson Okunlola commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
Let Rashada keep his flake *** with UF, nah.
Good to see a lot of this viewpoint here. I just don't see good things in his gator future, esp with his personality and the OL they seem to be building. It's a nice little bump for their ratings, but for a leader of a team, I'd want a different guy.

“Technically” w/o hindsight being 20/20 & knowing what we know today, the 2008 class was #1 overall, after a 5-7 2007 season. But, of course if 247 had the updated parameters as they do now, that 2008 class would most like be a top 10 class vs. a top 3 or better yet, #1.

What’s going today is not just Ruiz; it’s the fact that Mario is one of thee best recruiters in the game. His transparency is infectious & viable, and he’s got the ultimate sales pitch any coach can have today: hope for the future. It’s exactly how Saban turned around a dreadful 2007 season, after a failed NFL career; it’s how the greater majority of coaches after yr 1 r able to have that bump yr. Mario can easily point to his accomplishments as a player, as a GA, as a AHC at Bama, as a HC at UO, & the players that he personally recruited or coached that got drafted & say, “Hey, this is what I’m building here…look at these plans for the campus, look at this 3 yr goal, 5 yr goal, 8 yr goal, & u r apart of that goal.”

The idle, complaining fan who lives in misery don’t recognize that; fortunately for me, I’ve had plenty of lil homies & relatives recruited. I’ve been on campuses, I’ve been apart of their conversations, I’ve seen them commit to some places that made total sense, & others that made no sense. I gotta lil homie right now, at a high profiled CA school who I just talked to & he’s thinking of going somewhere I don’t approve of, b/c they sold him & his mom PT, a future, a community to grow his NIL.

That’s y I don’t get shook at the rah rah news. I fully trust Mario in this dept; he’s been around some of the best coaches to ever do it. Now other things, like clock mgmt & his OC, yeah….but, not recruiting.
I been waiting for you to drop some heat like this :100:

I was right ….it’s not about wins. I told these bums for years it ain’t about winning. If it was fsu would have the best class. Wasn’t mad about Rashada either never was excited bout him. I told y’all Mario will get too 3 classes and we will win no matter what we run. Just like UGa. It may take four to five years to build this machine…but I’ll take top ten finishes yearly rather then suffer trash classes. And the kids that are transferring I told most people here they were scrubs
Brinson I was right about Thad I said was slow, and I don’t want Fletcher so I hope Mario acts like he wants him and let’s him go to Uf.

Teams did that to us for years giving us scraps but acted like they recruited them hard. Then the fans thought we were getting some phenom and they were destined for jagism.
Jimmy Fallon Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
Advertisement
For everyone guessing about the portal comment @Cribby made, I throw my hat in for Tunmise Adeleye. Kid is wrapping his visit today, and with high-profile portal kids, if you're sure you want them, then don't want let them leave i.e. like Byars just did at USC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was right ….it’s not about wins. I told these bums for years it ain’t about winning. If it was fsu would have the best class. Wasn’t mad about Rashada either never was excited bout him. I told y’all Mario will get too 3 classes and we will win no matter what we run. Just like UGa. It may take four to five years to build this machine…but I’ll take top ten finishes yearly rather then suffer trash classes. And the kids that are transferring I told most people here they were scrubs
Brinson I was right about Thad I said was slow, and I don’t want Fletcher so I hope Mario acts like he wants him and let’s him go to Uf.

Teams did that to us for years giving us scraps but acted like they recruited them hard. Then the fans thought we were getting some phenom and they were destined for jagism.

You're partially correct. This is a new age and money trumps all, in particular when it's out in the open. Wins used to be the most important thing, but now money trumps it. Keep losing though, money might not be enough or it'll get even more costly. The money is what's keeping us in the game.

Good luck to you and your family during this time. Hope he transitions peacefully to the ever after while you all remember the good times rather than him being gone.

Advertisement
Back