2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

Even USC fans are salty? Christ. I figured they would be rooting for a school like Miami, I mean it seems most of our fans agree the CFB will be better when both teams are back up.

Still salty about Mario owning them at Oregon, I guess. They really said he’s “just a notch above Ed O in Xs and Os.” Firstly, that’s laughable. Second, if that means Miami is going to win a natty, sign me up 😂

Advertisement
Even USC fans are salty? Christ. I figured they would be rooting for a school like Miami, I mean it seems most of our fans agree the CFB will be better when both teams are back up.

Still salty about Mario owning them at Oregon, I guess. They really said he’s “just a notch above Ed O in Xs and Os.” Firstly, that’s laughable. Second, if that means Miami is going to win a natty, sign me up 😂
Not too surprised they'd act like little California cucks tbh

We will soon enough. It’s supposedly in motion.
And we should. NIL can be navaigated correctly in more than one manner. As long as he collective plays the player for his NIL, it is well within NCAA rules. The potential problem arises only when the player is not asked to provide his NIL.

As an example, if a member of a collective has a business and the player does some marketing for the business, the collective can certainly be the vehicle to pay the player for NIL. This may not result in a business expense/write off because of who is paying for the NIL, but it can still fall well within NIL guidelines. No university should became solely dependent on the whims of one or a very small number of businesses to provide all their NIL money. We will hopefully have a collective, and more importantly, hundreds of business that want to use the NIL of UM players in various sports for their marketing value.

People need to stop looking at them, or any other fan base as kin. Everyone trashes us.

Advertisement
So.

That comment about Mario possibly discovering the forward pass - WTH is that all about?

I know we haven't had an O-line since Butch's guys graduated - and now we are establishing a strong O-line to be able to run - but does Mario have a weed up his *** over being a primary run, run, run, only to throw on occasion to loosen up the linebackers?

Why would they say that? I admit I didn't keep up with Oregon - and didn't give a tinker's dam about USC - but UM historically when successful - both ran and was throwing the ball all over the field.

We go run run run, and it's going to be hard to recruit top receivers and QB's. Even Saban came around . . .

Somebody HEP me!

Not gonna lie, the part about “if Mario learns about the foreword pass they might be dangerous” had a touch of truth to it.

We’ll see.
He’s going to be able to get better athletes on the outside at Miami. Riley Williams is a flat stud! He will catch the ball! We have two stud receivers that are dogs. Balance is fine. But to your point, let’s see! Cause Gattis ran the ball at Michigan

Not gonna lie, the part about “if Mario learns about the foreword pass they might be dangerous” had a touch of truth to it.

We’ll see.

Really? Mario was the head coach at Oregon in 2018 and 2019.

Justin Herbert college stats:

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 11.44.23 PM.png

Herbert had the 8th most passing yards and 7th most TD's, and was 10th in completion % in 2019 among Power-5 QBs with over a 5:1 TD:INT ratio. Don't believe everything you read on our rivals message boards.

#BuT hE HeLd HerBeRt BacK aNd WoNt PaSs.

Advertisement

View attachment 198219

Herbert had the 8th most passing yards and 7th most TD's, and was 10th in completion % in 2019 among Power-5 QBs with over a 5:1 TD:INT ratio. Don't believe everything you read on our rivals message boards.

If he gets one of our QBs drafted 6th overall I’ll be pretty happy. **** anywhere in the 1st round and we’re set.

View attachment 198219

Edit: probably not the place for it.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: E1k

View attachment 198219

Him and the oc that doesn’t get enough blame did hold herbert back, thats just a fact if u watched the games. Knowing that i still hire Mario 10/10 times but we don’t have to try and revise what really happened. Looking at stats wont tell the story, Mario has his flaws but has alot of time to grow and learn

Advertisement
His first OC at Oregon was Marcus Arroyo. Was a great hire and I loved that offense (have watched a bunch of Oregon games since we hired Mario). Arroyo is really struggling as UNLV HC, so it might be someone Mario goes back to at some point. I say that because he really liked the guy. He was AHC/OC/QB in his time there and they had a lot of success offensively.

Joe Morehead came after. He’s the RPO guru that Gattis learned under. He made his name at Penn St before everyone was using the RPO concepts. They ran a lot when he was Oregon’s OC and even got a dual threat QB to do so. The passing game leaves a lot to be desired and is a very low Y/A style of play. Their RB lead the team in receptions each year. Yuck.

Josh Gattis is very similar to Morehead. I’ve gone back and watched a ton of Michigan games from 2019 and 2021 (including our spring game) and I just don’t like the passing game. WRs struggle to get open, they are often running routes on top of each other, too many bunched sets, and there’s very little vertical game to stretch the defense. I know people will point to Michigans high number of 50+ yard plays in ‘21, but a lot of that was rushing and trick plays.

My prediction is that TVD regresses in this scheme. We’ll look a lot better in short yardage and redzone, but the lack of downfield attack will get frustrating to watch. Hope I’m wrong and have no problem eating crow.
I think TVD regresses but probably more because our receivers can’t get open over the top. He will have to work a lot harder for yardage this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back