2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team usually takes on the mentality of the head coach, perhaps I shouldn’t have made that assumption about an individual.
I took it more like he’s had to deal with Mannys mindset

Not being set up for success like he will be now

Advertisement
Zion not even close to being a 1st round pick
Zion has a pretty good chance to be a top 32 pick.

Zion isn't a finished product at all. He's still a work in progress. The kid came to UM weighing 230lbs. Was thrown in the fire as T-Fr and performed poorly. Over the course of three years he's gained the necessary weight and added more functional strength to his game. Every year he's been here he's gotten better and better. There's no reason to think that won't continue under Coach Cristobal and Coach Mirabal. By the end of last year, Zion was one of the better OT in CFB, this year he's expected to be among the best tackles in CFB.

NFL teams will see his impressive size and length, the fact that he's still developing as a player, and the fact that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet will all be net positives on his draft workup.

Zion plays the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football, that will help his draft stock. Also, let's not forget, Zion was receiving hype about being a 1st round pick this past year.

The days of us being mismanaged are behind us.

Mario and Zo will take that all of the top talent that they can get this year. I’m sure that they have a plan in place to manage the total 85 scholly limit.

I think we end up signing anywhere from 28-32 HS kids.

2 QB’s - Rashada, Emory
1 RB - Chris Johnson (possibly 1 more, but only if it’s a guy like Baxter)
3 TE’s - Williams, Carver, Makiska
5 WR’s - Robbie, Ray Ray, Brown, Hykeem and Jean
7 OL - Francis, Samson, Freeling, Olaus, Tripp, FT, and Kinsler

6 DL - Wayne, Bain, M’Pemba, Collins A., Walker, and hopefully Hicks.
4 LB’s - Malik, Bobby, Aguirre
3 CB’s - Staford and Cormani
S - Aguero

That would be a total of 32 signees.

If we can’t land all of the OL that I listed, then I think that they’ll take just the ones that end up committing and not push for anyone else. Same with the WR’s, might end up just being 4. Same with the DL.
Imo 28-30 is the sweet spot. It’ll be a big class.

Advertisement
Zion has a pretty good chance to be a top 32 pick.

Zion isn't a finished product at all. He's still a work in progress. The kid came to UM weighing 230lbs. Was thrown in the fire as T-Fr and performed poorly. Over the course of three years he's gained the necessary weight and added more functional strength to his game. Every year he's been here he's gotten better and better. There's no reason to think that won't continue under Coach Cristobal and Coach Mirabal. By the end of last year, Zion was one of the better OT in CFB, this year he's expected to be among the best tackles in CFB.

NFL teams will see his impressive size and length, the fact that he's still developing as a player, and the fact that he hasn't reached his ceiling yet will all be net positives on his draft workup.

Zion plays the 2nd or 3rd most important position in football, that will help his draft stock. Also, let's not forget, Zion was receiving hype about being a 1st round pick this past year.
If he was meaner, for lack of a better word right now lol I could see him going first round. Looks like he put on more muscle so thats good but i need him to start putting mfs in the dirt

What do u man be saying? Stop homie. Kid has improved every season he been at Miami till he is being talked about as 1st round pick. He will improve again with better OL coaches and also with better players next to him.
I think he will be a first round pick under this staff and has a chance to be a top OT this year to clear that up, but when there is hardly any accountability or discipline on a team for the last three years, how could anyone be in their best mindset. There’s a reason he was projected 1st round in mocks then slowly slipped throughout the year, Mainly a dig at the culture that was implemented by Manny as a first time head coach.

Advertisement
If he was meaner, for lack of a better word right now lol I could see him going first round. Looks like he put on more muscle so thats good but i need him to start putting mfs in the dirt
If Zion was a guard I'd take this as a valid excuse but LTs don't necessarily need to be angry bears, they need to be dancing bears. Football heads will get what I'm saying.

Zion will get drafted based on his ability to protect the QB's blindside pass-blocking. Zion is a tough MFer. Look at how he rebounded from a horrendous first year. If that doesn't scream resiliency and toughness then nothing will. A lot of people would've folded like a cheap tent.

Last edited:
If Zion was a guard I'd take this as a valid excuse but LTs don't necessarily need to be angry bears, they need to be dancing bears. Football heads will get what I'm saying.

Zion will get drafted based on his ability to protect the QB's blindside pass-blocking. Zion is a tough MFer. Look at how he rebounded from a horrendous first year. If that doesn't scream resiliency and toughness then nothing will. A lot of people would've folded like a cheap tent.
I agree im not saying zion isn’t tough, he’s probably the most mentally strong kid on the team and he’ll go high because of that. I just think if he can be more physical at the poa in the run game those first round predictions would be 100% accurate, there’s not many flaws in his game

Advertisement
Watching some more film of SO, FM, OA, MF and TK, clearly SO and FM are above everybody else, SO looks like a man child already. We need to get this kid.

Those two will be 3 year starters here. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that we'll have 5 true freshman starting OL in 2023. I hope not but they are all that good.

Advertisement

Maybe before kickoff - he needs to shake a little tabasco in his jock. Maybe Ben-***.

I guarantee - he would be MOST irritable the entire game! And once he works up a sweat - Ho Li Moley!

As far as Zion is concerned..I havent seen a mock draft yet that doesnt have him in the 1st round. And thats all we can go by at this point. If you guys are saying Mirabel and Mario are as elite as you say at developing OL..then Zion should be a 1st round pick at years end. Hes got all the tools.

As far as Samson...us getting Marigua only increased our chances I bet. Elite OL want to play with other elite OL. Sounds like we are right where we want to be going into the dead period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back