2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as Zion is concerned..I havent seen a mock draft yet that doesnt have him in the 1st round. And thats all we can go by at this point. If you guys are saying Mirabel and Mario are as elite as you say at developing OL..then Zion should be a 1st round pick at years end. Hes got all the tools.

As far as Samson...us getting Marigua only increased our chances I bet. Elite OL want to play with other elite OL. Sounds like we are right where we want to be going into the dead period.
Zion is being projected in the first round solely based on the believe that coaching staff can turn him into a great prospect. 5 months ago, scouts were saying he was going to be undrafted if he entered in the 2022 draft. If the coaching staff can make Zion a first round pick, every offensive lineman recruit is going to fall in line.

Advertisement
Zion isn’t strong enough, as of the last game of the 2021 season, to go 1st round. He would get eaten alive by NFL edge defenders.

His length, athleticism and footwork could give him a late 1st round grade due to the importance of the position and long term upside. But he is going to need to show he can push big, strong bodies backwards, or else he is just a good pass blocker.

Zion is being projected in the first round solely based on the believe that coaching staff can turn him into a great prospect. 5 months ago, scouts were saying he was going to be undrafted if he entered in the 2022 draft. If the coaching staff can make Zion a first round pick, every offensive lineman recruit is going to fall in line.
And 6 months before that he was being mocked in the first round by multiple publications. He's not some bum that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. There's a reason so many people know who he is and put them in their mock drafts even if he fell off.

And 6 months before that he was being mocked in the first round by multiple publications. He's not some bum that needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. There's a reason so many people know who he is and put them in their mock drafts even if he fell off.
But most scouts and draft experts are predicting he will improve and become a good NFL prospect under this staff. He has the size and athleticism. But he clearly doesn’t have the technique, hence why he didn’t turn pro

But most scouts and draft experts are predicting he will improve and become a good NFL prospect under this staff. He has the size and athleticism. But he don’t have the technique, hence why he didn’t turn pro
You’re rewriting the narrative here. He’s already a good NFL prospect and it’s very unlikely that he would’ve went undrafted if he would’ve entered. He’s already really good at pass protecting. Continuing to add strength and becoming a plus run blocker is likely what scouts will be looking for this year.

Advertisement
You’re rewriting the narrative here. He’s already a good NFL prospect and it’s very unlikely that he would’ve went undrafted if he would’ve entered. He’s already really good at pass protecting. Continuing to add strength and becoming a plus run blocker is likely what scouts will be looking for this year.
If he was already a good NFL prospect, why wouldn’t he enter the draft in 2022? Why is he risking getting injured his senior year and ending his career? Multiple scouts said he was a 6th rounder at best

What’s a Brad?
Where’s a Brad?
guardians of the galaxy gotg edit GIF

If he was already a good NFL prospect, why wouldn’t he enter the draft in 2022? Why is he risking getting injured his senior year and ending his career? Multiple scouts said he was a 6th rounder at best
Because he can improve his stock? Going in the mid to late rounds is a huge difference in money from going in Round 1. “Multiple scouts” saying something is dispositive because all it takes is one front office that values his traits picking him.

Advertisement
He is being projected there based on his play so far. Wtf u smoking exactly? All the new members seem to come here with trollish behavior. Smh

He is being projected there based on his play so far. Wtf u smoking exactly? All the new members seem to come here with trollish behavior. Smh
Are you kidding me, I love Zion. I am super happy he is back and he will improve tremendously under this coaching staff. He is the leader of the line and he is the most experienced. But if he a projected first rounder based on his play so far, he would have entered the draft in 2022. I think scouts and experts are predicting that he will become a first round talent after this season under the staff.

Are you kidding me, I love Zion. I am super happy he is back and he will improve tremendously under this coaching staff. He is the leader of the line and he is the most experienced. But if he a projected first rounder based on his play so far, he would have entered the draft in 2022. I think scouts and experts are predicting that he will become a first round talent after this season under the staff.
You are not kids parents or family. How do u know he would have entered the draft? Have players never came back for their senior years when they been projected first round? Some kids wanna get their degrees, maybe he wanna help Miami win. Who tf knows. To say he would leave if he was projected first is ridiculous thing to say

Advertisement
You are not kids parents or family. How do u know he would have entered the draft? Have players never came back for their senior years when they been projected first round? Some kids wanna get their degrees, maybe he wanna help Miami win. Who tf knows. To say he would leave if he was projected first is ridiculous thing to say
If he was a projected first rounder in 2022, he would have gone pro. That's a no brainer

Some of y’all are seriously hating on Nelson like crazy. Kid was 2* and was 240 as a freshman. Had a rough start last year but came on strong the rest of the season. He’s a very good pass-blocker. I just think he needs to be more physical in the run game which IMO is where Mirabel and Mario will help him big time. There’s a reason there has been numerous 2023 mocks that have had him in the 1st round. Sure they mean absolutely nothing but clearly he has done something to get draft analysts respect enough to put him in the 1st round.

But most scouts and draft experts are predicting he will improve and become a good NFL prospect under this staff. He has the size and athleticism. But he clearly doesn’t have the technique, hence why he didn’t turn pro
Here you go and it was dated June 14th of 2021

Although there are a few areas for improvement, it is worth noting the Miami OT has made enormous strides between his freshman and sophomore years. If he can continue that upward trajectory this season, Nelson could be knocking on the door of the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

Advertisement
If he was a projected first rounder in 2022, he would have gone pro. That's a no brainer
It's not a no brainer. Man can be projected #30 and think he can make some more mills if he get top 15. Your argument is not backed up by facts

Some of y’all are seriously hating on Nelson like crazy. Kid was 2* and was 240 as a freshman. Had a rough start last year but came on strong the rest of the season. He’s a very good pass-blocker. I just think he needs to be more physical in the run game which IMO is where Mirabel and Mario will help him big time. There’s a reason there has been numerous 2023 mocks that have had him in the 1st round. Sure they mean absolutely nothing but clearly he has done something to get draft analysts respect enough to put him in the 1st round.

Zion Nelson is one of the better success stories that the UM program has generated in the past few years. I will always be rooting for him to succeed. I think he'll serve us well this year. I hope more fans get behind him

Please link us to where these multiple scouts said this. Here is another one

Left tackle Zion Nelson is the only Miami football player ranked in the “2022 NFL Draft Big Board: PFF’s Top 100 Prospects.” The projections for NFL Draft could influence who decides to return for 2022 and who turns pro early. Nelson seems like the most likely to leave with Pro Football Focus ranking Nelson 59th overall.

Here you go and it was dated June 14th of 2021

Although there are a few areas for improvement, it is worth noting the Miami OT has made enormous strides between his freshman and sophomore years. If he can continue that upward trajectory this season, Nelson could be knocking on the door of the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft.

That was before the season started dude 😂😂😂. It literally says "if he can continue that upward trajectory this season, Nelson COULD be knocking on the door of the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft." The earliest he would have gotten drafted was the 6th round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back