2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
For Mel Tucker to be in it for some of these kids and to have, from what Ive seen, no bag game to speak of...is pretty impressive. Ive seen a few elite kids with MSU in their top 6-8.

For us to have a guaranteed visit within that top 9 is really saying something. In fact, its actually really shocking.. Mario and Mirabel are really working their a$$e$ off trying to bring in elite OL this cycle.

For Mel Tucker to be in it for some of these kids and to have, from what Ive seen, no bag game to speak of...is pretty impressive. Ive seen a few elite kids with MSU in their top 6-8.

For us to have a guaranteed visit within that top 9 is really saying something. In fact, its actually really shocking.. Mario and Mirabel are really working their a$$e$ off trying to bring in elite OL this cycle.
Mich St got money and Mel Tucker is a top 10 recruiter in CFB don't be fooled.

Advertisement
As someone who has lived in the area their whole life…yeah we like it and do view it as paradise, but the vast majority of us view it as our vacation/party spot. 1 week and then we are good. If you’re trying to get an education or progress your athletic career you don’t go to south Florida. Don’t hate the messenger…that’s how people up here feel. That’s not how I feel, but I can tell you the coaches I know, business professionals, and my friends in general…I say 90% feel south Florida is nothing more than a 1 week a year party spot for them or where there parents retired to.

Look, I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything. You are entitled to your opinions and your assessments of what other people like you think.

But the stats simply don't support what you are saying.

Outside of the recent boom in Atlanta population, the largest UM Alumni Associations outside of Florida are NYC, Boston, and the DC area. I completely understand the "it's a nice place to visit, I just wouldn't want to live there" mentality, and I can even acknowledge that it is the majority opinion. But not the "vast majority" opinion.

There has been northeastern relocation to Florida and SoFla FOR DECADES. There have been northeastern students coming to UM FOR DECADES.

And as for the "athletic career" part, that is just nuts, man. Just look at your man, Tom Brady. Athletes have been flocking to Florida FOR DECADES. Year-round training in good weather, plenty of teams, no state income tax, you name it.

You love Boston, no problem, I'm not telling you otherwise. But to act as if the "vast majority of people" feel that way...well, I think you are neglecting to factor in the Bostonians WHO HAVE ALREADY MOVED TO SOUTH FLORIDA.

Look, I'm not trying to get into an argument or anything. You are entitled to your opinions and your assessments of what other people like you think.

Outside of the recent boom in Atlanta population, the largest UM Alumni Associations outside of Florida are NYC, Boston, and the DC area. I completely understand the "it's a nice place to visit, I just wouldn't want to live there" mentality, and I can even acknowledge that it is the majority opinion. But not the "vast majority" opinion.

There has been northeastern relocation to Florida and SoFla FOR DECADES. There have been northeastern students coming to UM FOR DECADES.

And as for the "athletic career" part, that is just nuts, man. Just look at your man, Tom Brady. Athletes have been flocking to Florida FOR DECADES. Year-round training in good weather, plenty of teams, no state income tax, you name it.

You love Boston, no problem, I'm not telling you otherwise. But to act as if the "vast majority of people" feel that way...well, I think you are neglecting to factor in the Bostonians WHO HAVE ALREADY MOVED TO SOUTH FLORIDA.
When I lived in Miami I sure heard a LOT of NY/NJ and Boston accents.
I think the description BostonCanes47 provided was more like Las Vegas than S Fla.

Advertisement
Advertisement

He’s Fort Knox at LT, nobody is getting past him

No Way Reaction GIF by Laff

Wow!!!

All I’m going to say, is how many high school kids from New England have committed to a Miami, Florida, FSU to play a collegiate sport in the past 20 years. I can think of 1 and he ended up decommitting to play football at Boston college. There might be a basketball player right now who is committed to Miami. You can say the talent isn’t there and that may have been true 10-15 years ago, but the D1 ranks for football, basketball, and even baseball now are flooded with kids from New England so is the NFL.

Every single high school coach I’ve worked with or have met would laugh at the idea of sending a kid to Miami to play college ball when they could easily send them to Michigan, Ohio state, Notre dame, Penn state, or Boston college.

People from New England don’t retire to Miami, they retire to boca, Marco island, west palm beach, Naples. It’s south Florida, but it’s not Miami…big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back