2023 Samson Okunlola, 2023 OT, MA - ANNOUNCEMENT TBA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The King wearing his crown, perhaps? 🤔

This is by far the best class of recruits Massachusetts has had in the last 15 years, legit talent.

Miami is like NE in terms of speed/pace of life, but a lot of people have a negative opinion of Miami up here. It’s where “we” go to party. I know it’s more than that, but that’s how a lot of parents and adults feel about south Florida.

Mass people don’t belong in SEC country, complete polar opposites in terms of culture and pace of life.

You are being disrespectful of the great Andrew Tallman. ... Also, there are more New England transplants in South Florida than native locals.

Advertisement
Well this is a pleasant surprise. I think it might just be a free trip. I’d be absolutely floored if he comes to Miami. Mario da gawd if he pulls it off.

Not trying to stalk you. But I don't understand why you think this is a free trip. Kids in New England (and New Jersey) love Miami. It's their idea of paradise. Add in MC and his reputation as an OL coach, plus the early attention by Mirabal, and I don't see why we're not in his consideration set.

Looks like we’re getting an Official Visit. per rivals “Between now and the end of July, Michigan State, Alabama, and Miami will get official visits. There's one more I'm working on but I'm not sure yet." .
So we went from not even being mentioned in the list of schools recruiting him the hardest to getting an official visit. I will take that trade off every single time. However, knowing Mario's style, we are/were likely recruiting him the hardest amongst all the finalists but reporters tend to pull out the info they know they're readers want to hear.

Either that or Mario did an amazing job of getting back into the mix.

Not trying to stalk you. But I don't understand why you think this is a free trip. Kids in New England (and New Jersey) love Miami. It's their idea of paradise. Add in MC and his reputation as an OL coach, plus the early attention by Mirabal, and I don't see why we're not in his consideration set.
I personally feel better with out of state 5 stars than the in state ones

Gaby gave some insights on what the staff does when it doesn't make the top 5 for a kid they really want. They just crank up the intensity (and the intensity was already at a crazy level). Might explain what happened here

Advertisement
As someone who has lived in the area their whole life…yeah we like it and do view it as paradise, but the vast majority of us view it as our vacation/party spot. 1 week and then we are good. If you’re trying to get an education or progress your athletic career you don’t go to south Florida. Don’t hate the messenger…that’s how people up here feel. That’s not how I feel, but I can tell you the coaches I know, business professionals, and my friends in general…I say 90% feel south Florida is nothing more than a 1 week a year party spot for them or where there parents retired to.

As someone who has lived in the area their whole life…yeah we like it and do view it as paradise, but the vast majority of us view it as our vacation/party spot. 1 week and then we are good. If you’re trying to get an education or progress your athletic career you don’t go to south Florida. Don’t hate the messenger…that’s how people up here feel. That’s not how I feel, but I can tell you the coaches I know, business professionals, and my friends in general…I say 90% feel south Florida is nothing more than a 1 week a year party spot for them or where there parents retired to.
I disagree and believe this statement to be hearsay. It’s more likely the opinion of your individualized group of connections. I would think recruits from the Northeast are more likely to be favorable of Miami as a college destination than say Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Florida, or Georgia. Through one of my businesses, I interact with hundreds of people from NY, NJ, PA, MA, MD, and DE every year. That is most definitely not how 90% of the population of these states feel about South Florida.

Not every high school kid in the northeast can attend an Ivy or NESCAC school. The University of Miami has historically attracted a large number of kids from Boston, NJ, NY, etc. Many opt for the sun and 4 years of living in a cosmopolitan world class city instead of staying up north.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I disagree and believe this statement to be hearsay. It’s more likely the opinion of your individualized group of connections. I would think recruits from the Northeast are more likely to be favorable of Miami as a college destination than say Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Florida, or Georgia. Through one of my businesses, I interact with hundreds of people from NY, NJ, PA, MA, MD, and DE every year. That is most definitely not how 90% of the population of these states feel about South Florida.
To add to that, a great deal the people that relocate to Florida are from the Northeast. Nobody here is saying all the people in the NE have the same or a positive view of SOFL. All we care about is what an individual football recruit and family think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back