2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not the ranking for me, it’s the players.

We desperately need to improve the talent at RB and WR, and losing Samson would be a horrible look after being in the lead for him for so long. I know a lot of you don’t think that it matters to these kids, but optics do matter a lot to them. Great players want to play with other great players, that’s the way to improve the quickest in practice.
I understand that...but you have to see that you are creating a paradigm were the class will always be a failure to you....because we will miss out on players. Respectfully I don't think you are acknowledging the amount of great players we have committed. If we don't sign a RB I absolutely agree that will be very disappointing but it doesn't mean the class is a failure as a whole. Regardless come signing day hope we are all happy with the class.

Advertisement
Missing out on Samson would absolutely be a huge miss having said that I can't agree with insinuation that Mario is just flopping out there. In my opinion we have a really good class.
Apologies if you didn't mean it that way.
I didn’t say that Mario flopped. It’s a very good class, but this is exactly what did Randy in. You can’t have unbalanced classes. RB and WR are huge needs. Bringing in underwhelming recruits at those positions won’t cut it.

If Mario was a genius OC, or if he was open minded enough to hire a top, modern day OC, then I can see getting good but not great prospects, because then the schemes and play calling could help even the gap some.

But the reality is that Mario is such a poor game day coach (in addition to his addiction to grind it our offense) , that he needs all of the elite talent that he can get in order to have a chance to win at a high rate.

Perspective....

You have the top defensive player in the 2023 class along with the top OL. Outside of rival fans on Twitter being trolls to y'all if you didn't land Samson, it wouldn't be as bad as you think it would be imo if he doesn't pick UM.

Would you rather have Francis or Samson if given the choice?
Sure but fvck perspective, we greedy over here. The next time we win 10 games, I can assure you we will expect playoff berths from there on out. We(fans) are just not reasonable beings.

I understand that...but you have to see that you are creating a paradigm were the class will always be a failure to you....because we will miss out on players. Respectfully I don't think you are acknowledging the amount of great players we have committed. If we don't sign a RB I absolutely agree that will be very disappointing but it doesn't mean the class is a failure as a whole. Regardless come signing day hope we are all happy with the class.
I am acknowledging that we have a really good class, but if unbalanced it most likely will come back to haunt Mario.

I am acknowledging that we have a really good class, but if unbalanced it most likely will come back to haunt Mario.
Maybe...if in next class the recruiting level goes down. If he follows this class with another at the same level that addresses what this one was light on this one it wont. What I will say about the Shannon example you gave is that IMO it wasn't that his class were unbalanced...it's that his classes kept dropping in quality. He couldn't follow his "great" class with one at that same level.

Advertisement
It’s not the ranking for me, it’s the players.

We desperately need to improve the talent at RB and WR, and losing Samson would be a horrible look after being in the lead for him for so long. I know a lot of you don’t think that it matters to these kids, but optics do matter a lot to them. Great players want to play with other great players, that’s the way to improve the quickest in practice.
And what if he addresses those positions more in the portal? That’s just as big of a piece of the puzzle now.

And what if he addresses those positions more in the portal? That’s just as big of a piece of the puzzle now.

And he was sloooooowww there last year so, he doesn’t get the same zest from the fans that he’ll adapt to the portal fast enough.

Chill people. He is gonna sign with the good guys. Kid is just exploring his options. Miami has built a relationship. Florida is the new kid on the block in his recruitment. Every new broom sweeps clean at first. Before he decides, he will weigh all his options. Miami wins out in the end. My 2 cents on how this plays out. Kid is no fool. He is giving Florida airtime to up the price. Simple maths

Advertisement
I want elite results at a bare minimum in recruiting, since his results in the hiring process and on the field have been putrid. I’m glad that you’re not the one running my business, I’d go bankrupt within a year.

When you pay someone $8 million a year, it’s not to get pretty good results. He better at least be cleaning house in recruiting, specially after having had the lead for Samson for months and OL being his specialty.

Also, quit it with the bullshyt excuses. This is his first full class, and it’s supposed to be a great one. Thanks to his huge mistakes in hiring the correct OC and DC, almost all of the offensive studs at RB and WR have told him to go **** his own face.
Truth
Couldnt have said it better

Perspective....

You have the top defensive player in the 2023 class along with the top OL. Outside of rival fans on Twitter being trolls to y'all if you didn't land Samson, it wouldn't be as bad as you think it would be imo if he doesn't pick UM.

Would you rather have Francis or Samson if given the choice?
You're very level headed and objective. Give good insight and obviously are not new to recruiting. Can I ask what you find for yourself on this site? You're respected by the posters here, no easy feat. Are you this level-headed on your Gator forums and Don't **** on Miami or something? That seems like it would cause some serious backlash in gator country and I couldn't fathom, as a Miami Hurricanes fan, being on a site, such as CIS, that is constantly ****ting on my team.

Good for you having this level of patience and maturity my man.

And he was sloooooowww there last year so, he doesn’t get the same zest from the fans that he’ll adapt to the portal fast enough.
I’m not saying no, but when you are looking at this year’s class that is part of it. And that is just beginning.

Chill people. He is gonna sign with the good guys. Kid is just exploring his options. Miami has built a relationship. Florida is the new kid on the block in his recruitment. Every new broom sweeps clean at first. Before he decides, he will weigh all his options. Miami wins out in the end. My 2 cents on how this plays out. Kid is no fool. He is giving Florida airtime to up the price. Simple maths
One thing is for sure, anyone that thought that there would be no pro Gator rumors/news coming out while he is on an OV there and positive Miami news is obviously new to this. Honestly, just look back to the Rashada commitment, he was all UF and then committed here. Now I’m not sure who he picks but I’m not freaking out until there is crazy smoke and Cribby says we have lost him.

Advertisement
I’m not saying no, but when you are looking at this year’s class that is part of it. And that is just beginning.

I get it. I’m not particularly willing to wait to build it through high school over 6 years because that world doesn’t exist as much anymore with the portal and NIL…

It is fast acting, two lanes of building a team… Need to use both… strategically

Can’t get lapped.

If he hits on some big time WR’s and RB’s in the portal, I’ll shut my mouth. But unless he hires a great OC that gets to run his own offense, with zero input from Mario, nothing will change.

Advertisement
If he hits on some big time WR’s and RB’s in the portal, I’ll shut my mouth. But unless he hires a great OC that gets to run his own offense, with zero input from Mario, nothing will change.
Like with the OC, I am reserving judgment until the end. The next month will tell us how this is going to go. But right now he has a solid foundation from high school recruiting.

if we land samson and when we land Bain, then we are at 291 points on the team rankings, good for #3 in the country

does that change your whole naive outlook on the recruiting cycle? simply waiting until next friday?

even if we miss samson, we look to be a top 5 class by the end of the cycle. the hiring yes, but top 5 is elite in college football in terms of recruiting and you're saying we're a failure at #8 before we look to have a monster week next week and that's just ignorant
I think we stay in the 7-10 range if we don't get Samson. Have to think others are going to commitments as well. Even with Samson I think it would be tough to be top 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back