2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Him and ****ey seem to be of the same mindset.

Could be. We will be fine. Portal has ended HS recruiting being the end all be all.

I agree you can cover some misses with the portal as long as you are still hitting at an 80% clip with your top high school targets.

Fill in the gaps with kids already a couple years into college weight programs and production in the field. Recruiting and roster building is more different now than it’s ever been.

Advertisement
I think its Walker and the other OT
I Hope So Macaulay Culkin GIF by filmeditor

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s amazing how many hoops some will jump through to try to justify Mario potentially missing out on Samson and other top recruits.

He was brought here mainly to recruit lights out, and beat other schools for the very best recruits. The portal DOES NOT fix this, unless he can miraculously bring in a couple of top of the line kids that still have at least 2 years of eligibility. To miss on Samson would be a huge miss, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

It’s amazing how many hoops some will jump through to try to justify Mario potentially missing out on Samson and other top recruits.

He was brought here mainly to recruit lights out, and beat other schools for the very best recruits. The portal DOES NOT fix this, unless he can miraculously bring in a couple of top of the line kids that still have at least 2 years of eligibility. To miss on Samson would be a huge miss, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.
we have the #8 class in the nation immediately following a 5-7 season and he hasn't "missed" on those players yet

what the **** else you want from the guy at this point? Next year is his first full cycle (as in recruiting kids through jr and sr years)

Advertisement

He was brought here mainly to recruit lights out, and beat other schools for the very best recruits. The portal DOES NOT fix this, unless he can miraculously bring in a couple of top of the line kids that still have at least 2 years of eligibility. To miss in Samson would be a huge miss, no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

I always thought Miami would be in the 8-12 range which is still top notch recruiting. Would you consider a class ranked in that range a failure after winning 5 games this year?

Getting a top 5 class is **** near impossible unless you are Bama, Georgia, OSU, A&M all those have one thing in common. They pay recruits more than just about anyone and 3 of them are national title contenders each year.

Mario is doing a **** good job with or without Samson!

Missing out on Samson would absolutely be a huge miss having said that I can't agree with insinuation that Mario is just flopping out there. In my opinion we have a really good class.
Apologies if you didn't mean it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back