2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There's no way this kid wants to have his NFL career prospects in the hands of Rob Sale

He'd be insane

Advertisement
I could post the info I got from my friend, but it won’t matter because y’all swear that it’s made up. Dude has been bragging about Samson and UF for the last week. Apparently they are close to meeting his number and that’s why he scheduled this visit.

He did say that they are going to try and convince him to take less so they can get Russaw and Ricks
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Advertisement
Miami + Mario and Maribal vs Gainesville.

Completely different situations, especially for an OL recruit.

UF should have to significantly exceed our NIL offer to get his attention.
I can also see them pushing that he will get more national press at UF and SEC SEC. But I really see NIL being the end all for Samson

Advertisement
when will folks realize this is not as relevant as they want to believe it is?
I think it very much is, you're naive if you don't think so. At oregon, he assembled arguably the best line in the country and one went top 10 last year in the draft, not to mention our HC was an offensive lineman and coaches OL specifically (unlike any other HC out there)

in this particular case, what does florida have that we dont?

1) miami is a better location
2) OL development track record with miami staff >>>>>>> gator staff
3) miami has more resources for NIL purposes and for his brand (and it's not close)
4) complete overhaul of roster would enable quicker playing time at miami
etc.

I think it very much is, you're naive if you don't think so. At oregon, he assembled arguably the best line in the country and one went top 10 last year in the draft, not to mention our HC was an offensive lineman and coaches OL specifically (unlike any other HC out there)

in this particular case, what does florida have that we dont?

1) miami is a better location
2) OL development track record with miami staff >>>>>>> gator staff
3) miami has more resources for NIL purposes and for his brand (and it's not close)
4) complete overhaul of roster would enable quicker playing time at miami
etc.

Think he was specifically referring to the Miami vs. Gainesville argument. Not every single kid on this earth is infatuated with the beautiful South Florida. Plenty of kids pass on playing here every year lol. If it was all about aesthetics and location only, Hawaii wouldn’t finish in the 100+ recruiting rankings every cycle, lol.

You’re normally on point but you’re way off here. A coach that has put players into the first round of the draft and specializes in a players position is huge. All coaches talk but few can actually back it up with examples of success. There’s millions of dollars at stake.

Why do you think every WR wants to go to OSU and play for Hartline?

Advertisement
Just because a kids a three star doesn’t mean he can’t be good it’s about traits and development more then anything
I trust Mario to develop oline
So I don’t really care who he recruits at oline
But just by the eye test alone
Qbs regressed
Rbs regressed
Wrs regressed
Te Push
Dline Improved
LB Push
Cbs Still can’t turn their head around
Safety Williams so bad he brings down kam
We didn’t really a massive improvement in any single position group

I trust Mario to develop oline
So I don’t really care who he recruits at oline
But just by the eye test alone
Qbs regressed
Rbs regressed
Wrs regressed
Te Push
Dline Improved
LB Push
Cbs Still can’t turn their head around
Safety Williams so bad he brings down kam
We didn’t really a massive improvement in any single position group
I’d say Lb and CBS improved and safety improved as well james wasn’t the one giving up major plays all year but he’s not perfect we had so many injuries at all the offensive spots it hurt us bad

Knowing your position coach will be there you're entire career AND that your head coach is a known developer at your position is a big deal. It's why Bama and UGA will always have elite DBs as well.

Kid is a punk. But I’m not worried about some 17 y/o Jarren Williams look alike out recruiting Mario.
You think he plans to share his bag with Samson. See how that conversation goes. If he wanted him so bad, how about he put his money where his mouth is…thought so. Jarren 2.0 would only make this better if he played like him. That kid killed our hopes by being a fool (Jarren that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back