2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disposable is harsh.

He’s a project, a big project (literally and figuratively). He’s not close to playing here. His potential is very high, but he could also easily bust out. He’s the type of frame you take a risk on if you have certified studs ahead of him.
Exactly. He’s a guy u stash and develop.

Advertisement
What "big time" programs are beating down those guys doors? Must have missed it. But anyway the point wasn't to say those guys suck. I responded to the guy saying half of our class wouldn't even be on Manny's radar. So Manny was recruiting 2 stars yet pulled Top 15 classes?
I think we can all just agree that Mario is a better recruiter than Manny and we don’t have to get into the details to fit

We know Mario can land big fish, but to your point the 3 star guys are the ones I like to see. Looking at a class like 2019, possibly the worst performing class I’ve ever seen here, how does the bottom of the class play out? We will always need to find some under the radar 3 star kids but we should be able to do that given our location. Other programs seem to find them in our backyard.

Gonna take a few years though.

Advertisement
Finally coaches that can recruit what we need on OL . Mario gets the OL fixed and I’ll have confidence he will eventually right the ship team wide .
I know it’s uncool right now to talk positively about the program but it’s been a long time since we’ve had a consistent OL. Maybe the Golden years?

2017 was a solid line though we always seem to have an issue at RT

If nothing else, Mario is gonna fix this. If we land Samson, that’s easily the best on paper OL class we’ve ever had

Gabby take ur *** back to 247
Hey You Hello GIF by Regal

Advertisement
I think we can all just agree that Mario is a better recruiter than Manny and we don’t have to get into the details to fit

We know Mario can land big fish, but to your point the 3 star guys are the ones I like to see. Looking at a class like 2019, possibly the worst performing class I’ve ever seen here, how does the bottom of the class play out? We will always need to find some under the radar 3 star kids but we should be able to do that given our location. Other programs seem to find them in our backyard.

Gonna take a few years though.

Hard to compare, really not apples to apples. Kids were getting paid at OR and Mario knew the game. During Manny’s tenure, they struggled to put together enough scratch to cover what kids were getting for OV. There was just no way to compete. Miami really was one of the hardest places at which to recruit. But, I’m sure Mario is much more convincing than Manny in a living room, to the extent that matters in the pay for play world.

Hard to compare, really not apples to apples. Kids were getting paid at OR and Mario knew the game. During Manny’s tenure, they struggled to put together enough scratch to cover what kids were getting for OV. There was just no way to compete. Miami really was one of the hardest places at which to recruit. But, I’m sure Mario is much more convincing than Manny in a living room, to the extent that matters in the pay for play world.
I guess that’s my point. Comparing these guys is pointless unless you’re trying to prove an agenda

No matter how many factors you want to throw in though I don’t think it’s debatable that Mario has a better proven track record personally than Manny

So the whole conversation ends up this weird circular debate that goes nowhere

I guess that’s my point. Comparing these guys is pointless unless you’re trying to prove an agenda

No matter how many factors you want to throw in though I don’t think it’s debatable that Mario has a better proven track record personally than Manny

one thing is Mario is used to going head to head with Smart, Jimbo, Saban, etc. since they go after alot of the same guys. Doesn't phase him one bit he seems to relish in it. You have to have a certain tenacious mindset and confidence. Something Mario doesn't seem to lack.

Advertisement
one thing is Mario is used to going head to head with Smart, Jimbo, Saban, etc. since they go after alot of the same guys. Doesn't phase him one bit he seems to relish in it. You have to have a certain tenacious mindset and confidence. Something Mario doesn't seem to lack.
Yeah and also I’m just going by what the coaches have said and what I’ve heard from players

Not speculating from a fan’s perspective because none of us really know **** when it comes to the details

Putting aside his impression of Mario as an Xs and Os coach, Coach Leavitt did tell me Mario was one of the best recruiters he’s been around.

Putting aside his impression of Mario as an Xs and Os coach, Coach Leavitt did tell me Mario was one of the best recruiters he’s been around.
Yeah like I was just saying in my other post I’m not saying Mario is better because of some 247 rankings

Just going by what I’ve personally heard from coaches and players behind the scenes a little bit

But I still also completely agree with your point and I think that’s the only reason why Mario is here in the first place. If we were sending him into gunfights with a knife, he wouldn’t have left Oregon. Guys like Golden and Richt were in a really tough spot.

Advertisement
Half the kids in the class are 3 stars. That's exactly who would have been on the radar

Don't think so. For example the kid we are pulling out of Wisconsin or possibly another out of Commerce Texas more than likely not in our radar under Manny. The scope of our scouting is a lot more national than it was and the evals will be more professional because of who we have in place.

Woah woah woah Tinilau is not in the least bit disposable.
He’s not disposable. But I don’t think the board would shut down. This board was in disarray at the very idea that Cormani MIGHT make a last minute visit to Bama.

The kid from Texas the same. Not saying kick him out the clsss, but Williams and Carver look like future monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back