2023 Samson Okunlola 2.0 - Commits to UM12/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also UF needs positive news rn, especially against us cause of Cormani. Make sure we don’t get hurt with last second bag drop, especially cause that’s what this kid wants
they blew their shot of getting back at us when they upped rashadas bag. Unfortunately for them, it didn’t move the needle and will likely cost them lagway in the end

Advertisement
If I was Dabo, I would just use the BAMA vacancy (when it happens) as leverage for more money for him and his staff. Unless there's some craziness at CU behind the scenes, and you never know - there might be, I think he'd be crazy to leave Clemson. Better quality of life (SC>AL) and the expectations will be Saban-esque, where as at Clemson he is already permanently cemented as the goat.

Again, you never know what's truly going on behind the scenes at any time, but all things being equal, I would stay put if I were Dabo.
I would agree with you, but I wouldn't be surprised if his decision would also be impacted by whether Clemson can get out of the ACC or the ACC figures out a way to get more TV revenue.

If I was Dabo, I would just use the BAMA vacancy (when it happens) as leverage for more money for him and his staff. Unless there's some craziness at CU behind the scenes, and you never know - there might be, I think he'd be crazy to leave Clemson. Better quality of life (SC>AL) and the expectations will be Saban-esque, where as at Clemson he is already permanently cemented as the goat.

Again, you never know what's truly going on behind the scenes at any time, but all things being equal, I would stay put if I were Dabo.
Hard to follow a legendary coach. I’d play it like Kiffin, let my agent leave hints about interest, and get a new contract.

Advertisement
I see what you’re saying but I just don’t look at it that way. You just go up there and take every swing you can, whatever happens.

I’m not going to have any egg on my face, and neither is anybody in Miami. They’ve done everything they can to recruit this guy, I don’t think there’s anything much more they could’ve done. So I don’t know how much more I can ask than that.

I agree. I was mainly referring to our other fans already consider Samson a foregone conclusion. I've followed recruiting for a long time since late 90's early 2000's with BorderWars. NIL definitely helps us, but have seen us get burned too many times to start beating my chest before the actual announcement.

Seems like im the only one with PTSD from the last 15 years of recruiting. Ain’t no chance im counting these pancakes before they’ve cooked.
No, unfortunately I’m still there with you. I’ve cautiously optimistic, but look no further than the Cormani thread 30 seconds before he committed, proof of my PTSD is on full display there for all to see.

Advertisement
I might have been wrong with my 6-8 range prediction last year for Mario’s first full class……
the league television GIF by hero0fwar

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back