Same sht, different year

The recruiting base for baseball down here is just as good or better than the recruiting base for football. The fact that it's been 5 years since we've been to a CWS is down right criminal. If we don't make it this year, 3 has to go. No other way around it.

Advertisement
Btw out if the top 14 teams in the country only Vandy is a private school and they are ranked #10. Rice is #15 and Miami #16. Huge advantage in college baseball being a state school.

Cool theory, except for the fact that we won four CWS titles as a private school. This isn't some new trend that happened in the last five years.

If you're going to blame this on cost of tuition, then you are saying that we will never have a chance, since our tuition isn't going down anytime soon. If that's the case, why pay a million dollars for a coach to just get us to the post-season? If we're giving up the hope of winning the whole thing, get the guy from South Miami and pay him $80,000.

I'll take it a step further. If what we saw against Maine, not to mention the previous 5 years, is what we should expect indefinitely because we are a private school with high tuition, we should cancel the baseball program altogether and give those 11.7 scholarships to other deserving students.

College baseball is about arms...
plain and simple..

a great arm is MLB bound

a solid arm is MLB bound

an okay arm has 10000s of offers to play at 10000s of schools that offer a lot more than Miami does, closer to home slower life style ( some kids prefer that)

we are getting Latin players sure....but any worth a salt that our staff spends money and time on...heads right to the minors..and now we have plan B trying to coach up kids that are not D-1 players aka all the freshmen every year...it seems that's all we play is freshman....

who knows.I still like our chances this year in the ACC....

The cost of private school is completely out of control now. if you don't think being a private school and only having 11.7 scholies to give doesnt put us at huge disavantage that you're nuts.

College baseball is about arms...
plain and simple..

a great arm is MLB bound

a solid arm is MLB bound

an okay arm has 10000s of offers to play at 10000s of schools that offer a lot more than Miami does, closer to home slower life style ( some kids prefer that)

we are getting Latin players sure....but any worth a salt that our staff spends money and time on...heads right to the minors..and now we have plan B trying to coach up kids that are not D-1 players aka all the freshmen every year...it seems that's all we play is freshman....

who knows.I still like our chances this year in the ACC....

I'm not sure what your point is because arms have been about the only thing that hasn't been a serious problem the last 6 years.

Advertisement
That was utterly pathetic. Better see some changes in the "starters" for Friday night otherwise Florida is going put up a BIG hurt.

Sweep for the Gaytas. And the Morris apologists will be out in force. All we need here is that Titan Cane guy threatening to throw Morris detracters off the upper deck.

Advertisement
359.gif

“No. 1, we’ve got to play better defense,” UM coach Jim Morris said. “But we’ve got to swing the bat batter and we’ve got to play the game with more confidence.

Advertisement
I've been calling for his head for a year now, but if the Gator sweeps this weekend, I don't see how anybody could continue to support Morris.

When does Zunica get in at first base? Fieger at third - Zunica at first - DH Thompson. Whats the big flipping deal with Abreau? At this point I just dont see anything that is so wonderful about him - guess time will tell but Abreau & Heyward too (both have been DH'ing) for that matter, can sit while we see what the other guys can do. LET'S GET THE BATS GOING - change it up some & see what the other guys can do!!! GO CANES!!

Last edited:
The cost of private school is completely out of control now. if you don't think being a private school and only having 11.7 scholies to give doesnt put us at huge disavantage that you're nuts.

Yeah, we heard you the first time. Since that isn't changing, what is your suggestion? Be happy with being a #2/#3 seed and hope for a lucky trip to Omaha once every ten years?

Advertisement
I like Morris, but the Program needed new blood 2 years ago. Hopefully, Morris doesn't become the Bowden of Coral gables.

Morris the last 4 years is like Shannon in 2010. Just doesn't care, sitting back, collecting a check. Unfortunately, Canes fans can't fire him with their feet like in football (that 2010 USF game).

Going back and reading this thread is hilarious! Where have Smokey and TcGrad gone? Reading Antwan on here is classic.

Advertisement
Back