Same sht, different year

I am curious what do you think the coach failed at with this game?

Did he have the wrong players in? Did he recruit the wrong players?

Because you obviously have no idea what it takes to actually hit a baseball. Its not something a head coach can teach a kid to do consistently. It doesn't matter how much film analysis you do or how many reps you take in the cage and it rarely is even impacted by hitting coaches. The coaches can teach them the correct way to swing but that doesn't result in hits, our guys have sound swings so its not like they are lacking the fundamentals of hitting.

If you say he didn't recruit the best players then I would argue that we lost many of good players to the draft of the last few years and this years team was a top 5 recruiting class. If you said that we don't have enough JUCOs on the team I may listen because that would be a sound argument. I personally feel like we are balking at the trend of using scholarships on proven mature players and are still investing way to much into Freshman who need time to prove, adjust and produce.

But baseball is extremely streaky. And that goes for each hitter as well. You have to get in a groove before you can get going. The head coach can impact you as the season goes on by benching, bunting, and setting match ups but as of right now its 100% on the kids at the plate. That's 99% of what determines how successful your offense is.

I am as big as a Morris non-believer as there is but its 1 game. And its a win

Since the 2008 CWS started we haven't been able to consistently field ground balls. That is a bigger indictment of the coaching staff than the putrid hitting. The players change, the horrendous fielding doesn't.

Advertisement
We scored 8 runs in the first 4 innings we must now have the best offense on college baseball. How about we play 10-15 games before making any judgements ?

I will give you that because it does seem that Miami was not quick to adjust to the changing to BBCORE by adding an larger emphasis on fielding in recruiting. But recruiting is the largest impact on fielding (not coaching) and its very hard to gauge how good a kid is going to field on a consistent basis against high school kids. Everybody crushes in college. Only a few guys do in high school. You can only practice so much and working on fielding in game like situations is the biggest time killer in practices (more than just about any other part of the game). But this team has always put more emphasis on offense than fielding and with this pitching staff its a big weakness. Miami did make a big jump from being last in the ACC to being in the middle of the pack last year. So they have made some strides in that regard but this year with so many freshman in the lineup I expect them to take step back and so far this year its looking bad.

Because you obviously have no idea what it takes to actually hit a baseball. Its not something a head coach can teach a kid to do consistently. It doesn't matter how much film analysis you do or how many reps you take in the cage and it rarely is even impacted by hitting coaches. The coaches can teach them the correct way to swing but that doesn't result in hits, our guys have sound swings so its not like they are lacking the fundamentals of hitting.

If you say he didn't recruit the best players then I would argue that we lost many of good players to the draft of the last few years and this years team was a top 5 recruiting class. If you said that we don't have enough JUCOs on the team I may listen because that would be a sound argument. I personally feel like we are balking at the trend of using scholarships on proven mature players and are still investing way to much into Freshman who need time to prove, adjust and produce.

But baseball is extremely streaky. And that goes for each hitter as well. You have to get in a groove before you can get going. The head coach can impact you as the season goes on by benching, bunting, and setting match ups but as of right now its 100% on the kids at the plate. That's 99% of what determines how successful your offense is.

Since the 2008 CWS started we haven't been able to consistently field ground balls. That is a bigger indictment of the coaching staff than the putrid hitting. The players change, the horrendous fielding doesn't.

We scored 8 runs in the first 4 innings we must now have the best offense on college baseball. How about we play 10-15 games before making any judgements ?

How many have we played since the 2008 CWS? Do coaches just get a clean slate when each season starts? If so, why worry about records at all?

I will give you that because it does seem that Miami was not quick to adjust to the changing to BBCORE by adding an larger emphasis on fielding in recruiting. But recruiting is the largest impact on fielding (not coaching) and its very hard to gauge how good a kid is going to field on a consistent basis against high school kids. Everybody crushes in college. Only a few guys do in high school. You can only practice so much and working on fielding in game like situations is the biggest time killer in practices (more than just about any other part of the game). But this team has always put more emphasis on offense than fielding and with this pitching staff its a big weakness. Miami did make a big jump from being last in the ACC to being in the middle of the pack last year. So they have made some strides in that regard but this year with so many freshman in the lineup I expect them to take step back and so far this year its looking bad.

Stopped reading after I saw BBCORE. It's BBCOR man, if you don't know that.....

Please use punctuation in your posts.

Advertisement
Great point if I don't spell a acronym correctly I must not have any idea what I am talking about. Way to hammer home a major flaw in your own logic. I really don't give a crap what they call it after I have spent 1000's of dollars on inferior bats... they could call it ****** for all I care because all they do is F the game. I am pretty sure if your worried about spelling and punctuation you life on this crazy little thing called the internet, social media, texting and blogs will be short lived.

Stopped reading after I saw BBCORE. It's BBCOR man, if you don't know that.....

Please use punctuation in your posts.

You mean like last year, when we started out 10-0 and went 1-2 in a regional?
Or in 2012, when we started out 19-4 and went 0-2 in a regional?

If you're not concerned that we had an entire off-season to improve in two areas and we have already lost a game because of those two areas, then you deserve what you continue to get.

If we're going to lose games like these, then we are going to end up with 20 losses. And when we do that, we will be a #2 seed, go 1-2 or 2-2, then talk about how we can't fire a legend like Jim Morris. Wash, rinse, repeat.

He ain't getting fired so maybe u shouldn't follow or root for the team until he is gone? We played 3 freaking games and the bellyaching about him has started.

He ain't getting fired so maybe u shouldn't follow or root for the team until he is gone? We played 3 freaking games and the bellyaching about him has started.

That's where you're wrong. It hasn't been three games, it has been FIVE YEARS PLUS THREE GAMES. This isn't a rebuilding year after a strong run. This isn't one outlier in a string of great years. This is about to be six straight years without Omaha. And you're just fine with that.

Advertisement

That's where you're wrong. It hasn't been three games, it has been FIVE YEARS PLUS THREE GAMES. This isn't a rebuilding year after a strong run. This isn't one outlier in a string of great years. This is about to be six straight years without Omaha. And you're just fine with that.

This.

Advertisement
There are two sides of the game.

We got the pitchers, but when you think your offensives woes are behind you yet you have a freshman in the number 3 hole. Come on...

Sounds desperate to me. I don't know how you could define rebuilding an offense any clearer.

Advertisement
Btw out if the top 14 teams in the country only Vandy is a private school and they are ranked #10. Rice is #15 and Miami #16. Huge advantage in college baseball being a state school.

Btw out if the top 14 teams in the country only Vandy is a private school and they are ranked #10. Rice is #15 and Miami #16. Huge advantage in college baseball being a state school.

Cool theory, except for the fact that we won four CWS titles as a private school. This isn't some new trend that happened in the last five years.

If you're going to blame this on cost of tuition, then you are saying that we will never have a chance, since our tuition isn't going down anytime soon. If that's the case, why pay a million dollars for a coach to just get us to the post-season? If we're giving up the hope of winning the whole thing, get the guy from South Miami and pay him $80,000.

It's a new year - knock yourself out aggravating yourself about the last 5 years.

Yeah, we know, because you said the same thing in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. You're the only one who parrots the "new year" line even though nothing has changed in the last five years.

Advertisement
Back