Sam Howell 2nd in-home visit scheduled for tomorrow

He doesn't have an OC yet. Howell has said directly he needs to know who the OC is going to be that he's going to be playing for. UNC and FSU are both without OCs right now. I can't imagine the visit tomorrow can be overly positive if Willie can't tell him who's going to be coaching him.

From what I know about Howell, it is likely going to be the path of least resistance for him, he wants to play, all these blue chip QBs want to do is play soon. We can't offer that without significant competition. Taggart and Brown certainly can. I know he isn't going to commit to a team without an OC.

Advertisement
He doesn't have an OC yet. Howell has said directly he needs to know who the OC is going to be that he's going to be playing for. UNC and FSU are both without OCs right now. I can't imagine the visit tomorrow can be overly positive if Willie can't tell him who's going to be coaching him.

I think that FSU will name an OC very soon but will this be enough to keep him in class?

I think that FSU will name an OC very soon but will this be enough to keep him in class?

They will name an OC very soon. I think by tomorrow, or close to that. Will it be enough is the $1M question. But to say Miami leads without the kid ever visiting is about as Ferman as it gets. Has anyone ever seen him and Michael Langston at the same time? They're spitting images of each other. Caveman retards.

From what I know about Howell, it is likely going to be the path of least resistance for him, he wants to play, all these blue chip QBs want to do is play soon. We can't offer that without significant competition. Taggart and Brown certainly can. I know he isn't going to commit to a team without an OC.

We’re calling Williams and Perry significant competition? As opposed to what? Nothing? There are bodies at Qb at unc and FSU too, and frankly they’ve both put up better numbers. If he doesn’t come here it shouldn’t be because of tougher competition.

Advertisement
We’re calling Williams and Perry significant competition? As opposed to what? Nothing? There are bodies at Qb at unc and FSU too, and frankly they’ve both put up better numbers. If he doesn’t come here it shouldn’t be because of tougher competition.

Who are the bodies at FSU? They have 1 scholarship QB and he's a 3rd year sophomore.

The thing with Howell and FSU is they can point to an actual plan/direction they are moving in with their offensive philosophy and candidates. As of now we can point to 30 year old playbook and what looks like little to no change in coordinators or philosophy.

The thing with Howell and FSU is they can point to an actual plan/direction they are moving in with their offensive philosophy and candidates. As of now we can point to 30 year old playbook and what looks like little to no change in coordinators or philosophy.

Yeah and that direction is the same as ours. You must not have watched many FSU games this season...

Advertisement
Yeah and that direction is the same as ours. You must not have watched many FSU games this season...

I certainly did. But if they are seriously interviewing and marked candidates as Briles and Freeze then they are not moving in the same direction as us.

Despite all the hate for both Richts on this board, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an offensive improvement plan either in place or close to it, and Sam Howell is one of the few people who know what it is because the Richts told him. And what I mean by offensive improvement is a new OC.

UNC makes a lot of sense for Howell given he'd probably be the best QB on their roster Day 1. If he came to Miami, he's probably not getting on the field for at least 2, maybe 3 years. Would be great to get him just to have a capable body on the roster, but I'm not holding out hope here.

Advertisement
Despite all the hate for both Richts on this board, I wouldn't be surprised if there is an offensive improvement plan either in place or close to it, and Sam Howell is one of the few people who know what it is because the Richts told him. And what I mean by offensive improvement is a new OC.

I hope you're right.

Advertisement
Francois is gone.

Blackman started 1 game.

FSU's QB room, which is just James Blackman standing in a room with no coach, is not scaring anyone.

Blackman started most of last season not sure what you’re talking about, and again is Perry or Williams scaring anyone? It doesn’t matter anyway he’s going to UNC

Blackman started most of last season not sure what you’re talking about, and again is Perry or Williams scaring anyone? It doesn’t matter anyway he’s going to UNC

Thought you meant recently. Yes, Blackman started as a true freshman and was generally uninspiring. That's why he lost his job this year to a kid who is absolutely terrible. They have zero in that room scaring anyone away, trust me. Howell's decision is not being affected in the least bit by any kind of apprehension with competing at FSU.

I do agree that he's going to UNC, however. But a visit to Miami at least puts them in the game. No visit = no chance.

Advertisement
Back