Sam Bruce

This program is cursed.

Sam Bruce and Tyler Byrd...the two best player in our class...and there is good reason to think neither will ever play a down for Miami. Probably this kid goes prep/juco and then to an SEC school

No inside info but when is the last time a situation like this worked out for us? I mean the kid isn't even enrolled in a high school right now how's he gonna graduate with no eligibility issues
I see our newest troll is at it again!

Advertisement
Maister said he saw the photo, and that Bruce was holding a gun, but there was “no indication of where and when the picture was taken,’’ and “no certainty’’ it was a real gun. Either way, Maister said, Bruce did nothing illegal.
“Yes, I’ve seen the picture,’’ Maister said. “He’s 18 years old. He has an absolute right to possess a firearm under the second amendment of the Constitution. Totally legal. And there’s no certainty it’s a real gun. It might very well be a BB gun. There’s not a story here. He’s a great kid. He’s got a great family.

lawyers rule

Read more here: Top UM signee Sam Bruce withdraws from St. Thomas Aquinas after alleged gun-photo incident | Miami Herald

I'm not arguing that but I am taking vehement issue with the statement that Cypress is the only good public Broward school. This is an outrage.

Nova is pretty good too :newman:. A list I just looked up showed some good #'s for pompano. I just used cypress because they're the best out of the bunch a bit of head of the rest.

I never went to western, but had a couple of friends who went to both western and mccarthy and said western was a complete joke compared to AMHS. A couple of other friends would tell me how their typical day would involve trying to get a past a security guard to skip classes (could've been western or west Broward I forget). But yeah I've heard nothing but poor reviews from public schools except cypress (and there you still hear some crazy ****). Western, cooper city and west Broward both got A ratings so maybe I'm wrong :monkey-serious:

Even if they're not sub-par I don't think they compare to the private schools in the area (which was my main point when responding to imur)

STA requires 4 years of theology fwiw

Broward County Public Schools | Florida | Best High Schools | US News

That security guard's name is Joe and it was an olympic activity to get by him at Western.

The thing about Western is that the regular classes and the Honors classes blow but the AP classes are top notch. My senior year at Western we had the actual teacher of the year for the state of Florida and he was the calculus teacher. He had some unparalleled passing rate on the AP test. We've had similar numbers for US History and Human Geography not too long ago but those AP kids are a small minority. Some of the public schools are unique with their academics and a primary example is Boyd Anderson. Below average mass classes, but they have the best IB program in the state and kids transfer there for it.

But on the whole, the private schools are better than the public schools because the private schools have no bottom tier and a lot more money to get way better teachers. Belen Jesuit, Archbishop McCarthy, Cardinal Gibbons, St. Thomas, American Heritage, Monsignor Pace, Chaminade, and Columbus are elite academic schools from top to bottom as opposed to just chunks of the public schools.

And this slight against Western will not be forgotten, Kyle. This is a travesty.

Why yall messing with my man JoJo like that? LOL

I love JoJo but he was not known for being the most strict security guard especially if you brought him McDonald's.

When did you graduate?

I speak the truth. Going to a public school doesn't make you dumb but the courses and workload at private schools in Broward are much harder

I'm not arguing that but I am taking vehement issue with the statement that Cypress is the only good public Broward school. This is an outrage.

Nova is pretty good too :newman:. A list I just looked up showed some good #'s for pompano. I just used cypress because they're the best out of the bunch a bit of head of the rest.

I never went to western, but had a couple of friends who went to both western and mccarthy and said western was a complete joke compared to AMHS. A couple of other friends would tell me how their typical day would involve trying to get a past a security guard to skip classes (could've been western or west Broward I forget). But yeah I've heard nothing but poor reviews from public schools except cypress (and there you still hear some crazy ****). Western, cooper city and west Broward both got A ratings so maybe I'm wrong :monkey-serious:

Even if they're not sub-par I don't think they compare to the private schools in the area (which was my main point when responding to imur)

Ayyyy! Shout-out to Nova. Macho's old stomping grounds.

{EDIT: deleted. Bad idea to comment on WHS right now}

Cypress, however, has a great administration and the best principal in Broward County. Nealy is THE man. That's why Cypress has support in everything they do and they do whatever it takes to excel in all avenues. Their principal understands the importance of excelling not only in the classroom but in extra curricular activities as well. It's very rare that a principal can grab a microphone during halftime of a football game and have the whole student body go crazy for him. (rather than boo)

Mr. Fiske was excellent and really building Western up before some bad decisions were made.

Fiske was good and had an excellent administration under him. Ms Montignino, Ms Kefford and Mr Works were all awesome administrators. Mr Olafson was pretty good too. Works was a football coach at Western during the 90's and as long as he was around we knew that our football program's best interest were always taken into consideration. The school was such a well-oiled machine when that administration was around. I'd rather not comment on the current condition of that school.

Advertisement

That security guard's name is Joe and it was an olympic activity to get by him at Western.

The thing about Western is that the regular classes and the Honors classes blow but the AP classes are top notch. My senior year at Western we had the actual teacher of the year for the state of Florida and he was the calculus teacher. He had some unparalleled passing rate on the AP test. We've had similar numbers for US History and Human Geography not too long ago but those AP kids are a small minority. Some of the public schools are unique with their academics and a primary example is Boyd Anderson. Below average mass classes, but they have the best IB program in the state and kids transfer there for it.

But on the whole, the private schools are better than the public schools because the private schools have no bottom tier and a lot more money to get way better teachers. Belen Jesuit, Archbishop McCarthy, Cardinal Gibbons, St. Thomas, American Heritage, Monsignor Pace, Chaminade, and Columbus are elite academic schools from top to bottom as opposed to just chunks of the public schools.

And this slight against Western will not be forgotten, Kyle. This is a travesty.

Why yall messing with my man JoJo like that? LOL

I love JoJo but he was not known for being the most strict security guard especially if you brought him McDonald's.

When did you graduate?

Wooooooooooo!

Ayyyy! Shout-out to Nova. Macho's old stomping grounds.

{EDIT: deleted. Bad idea to comment on WHS right now}

Cypress, however, has a great administration and the best principal in Broward County. Nealy is THE man. That's why Cypress has support in everything they do and they do whatever it takes to excel in all avenues. Their principal understands the importance of excelling not only in the classroom but in extra curricular activities as well. It's very rare that a principal can grab a microphone during halftime of a football game and have the whole student body go crazy for him. (rather than boo)

Mr. Fiske was excellent and really building Western up before some bad decisions were made.

Fiske was good and had an excellent administration under him. Ms Montignino, Ms Kefford and Mr Works were all awesome administrators. Mr Olafson was pretty good too. Works was a football coach at Western during the 90's and as long as he was around we knew that our football program's best interest were always taken into consideration. The school was such a well-oiled machine when that administration was around. I'd rather not comment on the current condition of that school.

I know right? Western was beautiful and on a roll. It's a shame that Mr. Jones sucked and the new guy sucks 50 times worse.

Advertisement
Back