Sam Bruce......

Coaches offer kids when they feel like they want to offer them.

This kid supposedly camped here, and was a pain the in @ss. Clashed with the staff, talked sh*t about the camp, whined about doing drills, and Ive read a number of places that he wasnt nearly as impressive as he thinks he is. Number of people have said he is much smaller and slower than listed. Maybe the staff just wasnt sold on him, just like Quincy, and wasnt ready to pull the trigger on an offer until they saw more of him. Or at least until they can sit down with the kid and see if he had any real interest.

To me, this is like the Treon thing. Im not sweating it. Its not like the staff doesnt know who these kids are. They do. They have seen many of them and have been watching them for a long time. They have obviously made early offers to kids they feel are worth it, so if a local kid like this DIDNt get one before, the staff had its reasons. They have to trust their evaluations, not just what some recruiting website says the kid is (4 star/5 star/whatever).

If this is true, perhaps we should hope he goes to FSU, maybe even encourage him. Kids like this tear the program apart. They're cancers in the program. We didn't win championships with kids like this.

cane4life way to exaggerate the **** story. Don't believe everything you read. And I would like to know where you read that he clashed with the staff. What to know what happened? He thought the camp was too long. Many recruits thought the same **** thing. Why do you think a lot of the upper echelon recruits don't compete till after lunch? Because they don't want to go through all the drills. Only difference between those kids and tmac is Tmac tweeted about it. He wouldn't have tweeted about the length of the camp if he got offered. He liked the 'canes and had garnered offers from LSU, Clemson, and ND. So when his hometown school didn't offer him he was ****ed off. He (and others) thought his performance at the camp was good enough for an offer. Mayes and turner were able to get offers at DB after their camp performance. Clashed with the staff? Lol. All the kid did was tweet. Was he acting entitled? To an extent yes. But thats how modern day recruits act. You can't expect all recruits to go about their recruitment like professionals. If he could back he wouldnt make those tweets.

I think tmac is a nice prospect but I still stand by my statement that he's overrated. At corner he did not produce as much as I would've liked to see. Carter and Juwan both had better seasons in the same back 4. He is an athletic kid with a load of potential and if he makes the move to safety at the next level it will benefit him in the long run $$$. McFadden is not afraid to tackle either.

I know of another recruit that was just unimpressed with the camp and decided then that he wasn't very interested in UM. He ended up being an Arkansas-type recruit, not a Big 3 kid, but I still thought the observation was noteworthy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back