Sam Bruce has passed away

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Could be drug induced unfortunately, guess we will find out more soon.

Yeah possibly. I’ve unfortunately seen that side of things with my brother who had drug induced seizures for many years. He doesn’t drive at all and hasn’t in like 10 years cause of it.

My girlfriend is epileptic but it’s controlled by daily meds. She drives but it’s always in the back of our heads. I typically try and drive the whole time on long trips. It’s just scary to think how a situation like that can play and take your life. Hate to see that possibly in this situation. Kid was still so young

Advertisement
Yeah possibly. I’ve unfortunately seen that side of things with my brother who had drug induced seizures for many years. He doesn’t drive at all and hasn’t in like 10 years cause of it.

My girlfriend is epileptic but it’s controlled by daily meds. She drives but it’s always in the back of our heads. I typically try and drive the whole time on long trips. It’s just scary to think how a situation like that can play and take your life. Hate to see that possibly in this situation. Kid was still so young
Facts, that’s the problem with recruiting these kids so young you tell them they’re the best things ever. Then they start to believe it and act like it, before you know it they get kicked from the program and it goes downhill from there. If you’re recruiting these kids from unstable homes, you need to make sure you have in place a system to support these kids. Football was all Sam had, once he lost that it was a wrap, Mullins is in the same boat.

Facts, that’s the problem with recruiting these kids so young you tell them they’re the best things ever. Then they start to believe it and act like it, before you know it they get kicked from the program and it goes downhill from there. If you’re recruiting these kids from unstable homes, you need to make sure you have in place a system to support these kids. Football was all Sam had, once he lost that it was a wrap, Mullins is in the same boat.

Man I forgot about Mullins. Agreed more needs to be invested in helping kids off the field as much as on. Hopefully Mario builds out the program with so much support staff and therapist that kids can get the support they need off the field

In August of 2016, me and the fam went on a cruise out of Miami, and the day before we left I made a trip down to Miami’s campus. I spoke with Brad Kaaya in the parking lot ( couldn’t say much as I was starstruck) and inside I saw some of the players coming into the building and Sam was one of them, he was being low key, hat down almost over his eyes but I recognized him and talked to him for about 5 minutes. Was kind of starstruck again and forgot where he went to school, he was like come on man you know, all I could say was it was a school in Fort Lauderdale, he finally said St. Thomas Aquinas and I was sort of embarrassed I forgot. Seemed like a humble kid. Sad to hear he passed. Way to young.

Advertisement
Back