Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this prove? Of course a slot wrs YPC is going to be less than an outside wr lol. X is the best slot wr in college football, there’s really no debate.
It proves his ypc and td numbers were ok...needs to be better this year if your #1 option wr is a "slot" guy or the best slot in college football.

Who is debating anything?.

I just laid out the facts with the numbers....

He was being compared to the guys above.

Advertisement
What are their aDOT’s? X is a slot receiver, those kids all play outside. YPC is very dependent on aDOT. For the record, I’m not saying X is as good a pure receiver as those kids nor the NFL prospect. But YPC isn’t the right argument. Those kids are getting targets 20+ yards down the field, X is operating in short spaces in the middle of the field and underneath. And he’s as good as anyone currently in the game at what he does.

Agree with you 100% that we would want to bring in another outside WR. You and most of the posters here are absolutely correct. Bring Brown in, right now. We can use him bigly and we are better with him than without. I just don't get ****ting on X's production (not that you are, just in general) everytime we talk about adding WR's. What we ask X to do, he is absolutely elite at. Bringing someone else in to help him on the other side of the field is nothing but positive and should be prioritized.
Im an X fan always have been from his recruitment if u look back.

Dont want it to come off of hating on his production....he is seemingly one of the ones to put in the work...knows his role and a safety valve for a qb.

Ill take an X on the team EVERY single time...The wr we need to bring in needs to be pushing more so Horton and George imo. I dont even consider x int he proposition as i got him sewed up if healthy for 60+ catches again this year easily.

Ward kind of messed himself up by being unsure cause quite frankly couldve came with one of his wsu wrs and we woulda been good.

Him being from Georgia, not Texas makes me feel better about that A&M visit.

Was about to post the same thing. The Aggies shouldn't be getting any hometown/homestate discount or first mover advantage.

Advertisement
It proves his ypc and td numbers were ok...needs to be better this year if your #1 option wr is a "slot" guy or the best slot in college football.

Who is debating anything?.

I just laid out the facts with the numbers....

He was being compared to the guys above.
You, like a lot of porsters on here, constantly complain that he gets too many targets. I was simply comparing his target share to other top wrs in college last year. The whole point of my argument that he’s easily our WR1, so he’s obviously going to get the most targets

“ C Young would’ve been better if he had a qb”

Sam Brown had bad qb play lol. Yet he put up numbers.

There’s nothing Colby has done on the field up to now to be put in this kids universe. From speed , route running , hands right on down to stats. Let’s stop the insanity.

I was (and am) a fan of Colbie Young and think he's a good player.

But you're right, there's a clear distance over him to get to Brown. No question who's the better WR. It's Brown.

Just facts.

Advertisement

Attachments

• IMG_0480.gif
    IMG_0480.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Im an X fan always have been from his recruitment if u look back.

Dont want it to come off of hating on his production....he is seemingly one of the ones to put in the work...knows his role and a safety valve for a qb.

Ill take an X on the team EVERY single time...The wr we need to bring in needs to be pushing more so Horton and George imo. I dont even consider x int he proposition as i got him sewed up if healthy for 60+ catches again this year easily.

Ward kind of messed himself up by being unsure cause quite frankly couldve came with one of his wsu wrs and we woulda been good.

Or Jeremiah Smiff. Ugh.

Respect tho, agree with the post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
In terms of production prior to coming? Yes.

As a Pro Prospect? Also Yes.

This is why bringing in a WR is important. He will push the other guys as well. Competition gets the best out of everyone.

Rambo wasn’t a #1 when he came here, but look at what he did. Produced and pushed guys like Mike Harley to elevate their game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back