Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t like being the peacemaker but I think it’s ok to like the young talent on the team and still acknowledge we should always try to bring in more if possible, no matter what position. Competition right?

We still have roster spots to trim as well could still be some surprises at people leaving
My only caveat would be the competition needs to be an upgrade. He is making the right argument in the wrong space. Brown isn't the same as bringing in Jaccorey Brooks to steal reps. We all would prefer a Luther Burden but.

Advertisement

Go Season 9 GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

My only caveat would be the competition needs to be an upgrade. He is making the right argument in the wrong space. Brown isn't the same as bringing in Jaccorey Brooks to steal reps. We all would prefer a Luther Burden but.
For sure. Granted it’s been about 15 years since we’ve had a roster of 85 players so it will take some getting used to

Page 2, Post #37. Watch from the beginning.

Brown was outside-most of the three WRs at the top of the screen. He blocks his DB hard, though the play is going in the opposite direction. Manjack was the second from the top, and he dances with his defender, making zero contact.

It's just ridiculous. Dead ball, no running clock, and offsetting personal fouls, so the first down pickup stood. No idea why Manjackoff was so determined to run all the way across the field to attack Brown, it could have led to another unsportsmanlike penalty that WOULD HAVE cost Houston 15 yards..
Just watched. Clearly Manjackoff was angry about Brown getting a penalty in that situation. Having said that, Manjackoff's reaction was way out of line. I couldn't tell what happened between Brown and the CB who he blocked out of the play because the camera followed the ball. I would guess that it turned ugly and the CB and Brown went at each other but I can't say for sure. Either the ref saw something or he was on loan from the ACC.

Advertisement
I’m not sure if you did this on purpose or not, but take a guess who desperately wanted Jacorey Brooks to come here…

Advertisement
Just watched. Clearly Manjackoff was angry about Brown getting a penalty in that situation. Having said that, Manjackoff's reaction was way out of line. I couldn't tell what happened between Brown and the CB who he blocked out of the play because the camera followed the ball. I would guess that it turned ugly and the CB and Brown went at each other but I can't say for sure. Either the ref saw something or he was on loan from the ACC.

Yeah, it was definitely a mutual thing, as the ref flagged both Brown and the DB. And Brown's helmet was off when he came off the field, so it's possible that it got pulled off during the block.

As I told the "10000% certain that Brown mouthed off" poster, you can't see anything on the video. First, as to the DB and the blocking, clearly Manjackoff was just dancing, and maybe he got mad at Brown for going so hard when the play went the other way. Brown didn't NEED to go that hard, and had the penalty only been called on Brown, it would have been a fairly bad outcome.

Second, as to Manjackoff and Brown, if Brown had said something when he was first flagged, it took a long time for Manjackoff to do something about it. Brown had already jogged across the whole field, and then Manjackoff ran him down. That's a verrrrrry long fuse for a bomb to go off. Had there been a ref near the Houston sidelines at that point, it would have been very easy to throw another flag. In the middle of a scrum, how does the ref know "it's only Houston-on-Houston fighting"?

I understand a general level of frustration on Manjackoff's part. I don't understand the delayed "run across the entire field and attack your own player" thing, though.

I formulate my own opinions which is why I wrote what I wrote. I don't post for the likes. I have no problem going against the popular opinions.

Like I said, they could have just kept Young. He's going to be lit at UGA. People soured on him, but remember who was throwing him the ball. UGA knew what they were getting.

I would have preferred to have kept Colbie and have he and Horton dominate.

I'm not hating on Brown, He may become a great player by the time his college career is over. He can help the WR room, but he's not better than what we have. We were told by people here that Miami would only go after elite WRs because they really like the WR room.

Young should look good in a scheme likely generate 1 on 1 opportunities surrounded by better players than we had last season. He has a solid combination of size, ball skills and speed; credit to Zo for identifying him.

But how much more does Young offer with the emergence of Horton, and at what price?

I formulate my own opinions which is why I wrote what I wrote. I don't post for the likes. I have no problem going against the popular opinions.

Like I said, they could have just kept Young. He's going to be lit at UGA. People soured on him, but remember who was throwing him the ball. UGA knew what they were getting.

I would have preferred to have kept Colbie and have he and Horton dominate.

I'm not hating on Brown, He may become a great player by the time his college career is over. He can help the WR room, but he's not better than what we have. We were told by people here that Miami would only go after elite WRs because they really like the WR room.
Was Young a staff decision or was it Young who wanted to go somewhere else? Was it that the staff didn't meet his NIL demands? I'm not sure how that situation unfolded so I can't comment on it.

With Sam Brown I can see what the staff likes and why they feel he could really help the WR position. Brown is 6'2" 195 with 4 45 speed which isn't something we lack exactly. However what Brown has is experience and proven production. The staff feels that he can continue to get better which gives us 3 starters with proven production. Brown also gives us the type of speed and explosiveness that we didn't have with Young. With Brown here, there isn't so much pressures on Horton to breakout though I still think Horton will have a breakout year of sorts. The rotation at WR should be very interesting with Brown, X and George as starters then Horton, Ray Ray, Trader and Carr for a seven WR rotation. We have the weapons and the depth so let's come at teams in waves. Do I think that Brown is so much better than what we have? No but his experience and proven production will galvanize the starting WR group.

Was Young a staff decision or was it Young who wanted to go somewhere else? Was it that the staff didn't meet his NIL demands? I'm not sure how that situation unfolded so I can't comment on it.

With Sam Brown I can see what the staff likes and why they feel he could really help the WR position. Brown is 6'2" 195 with 4 45 speed which isn't something we lack exactly. However what Brown has is experience and proven production. The staff feels that he can continue to get better which gives us 3 starters with proven production. Brown also gives us the type of speed and explosiveness that we didn't have with Young. With Brown here, there isn't so much pressures on Horton to breakout though I still think Horton will have a breakout year of sorts. The rotation at WR should be very interesting with Brown, X and George as starters then Horton, Ray Ray, Trader and Carr for a seven WR rotation. We have the weapons and the depth so let's come at teams in waves. Do I think that Brown is so much better than what we have? No but his experience and proven production will galvanize the starting WR group.
This post reeks of sanity! Get this sound logic bull**** outta here! 😂 Seriously tho, for a hot minute, I thought we had lost all of that in this thread. Thank you, sir.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro I thought somebody forgot to flush the toilet in the firehouse. Turns out I just left this thread open for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back