Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I'm arriving at the party late and have no clue what this argument is about. I just wanted to to award serious points for your use of "Manjackoff". Well done.

The short version (don't laugh) is that a bunch of posters took a 30 second video of Sam Brown's ONE penalty last year (followed by his teammate Manjack attacking Brown), exaggerated it, and turned it into some "bad character/bad attitude/his team hates him" nonsense.

In particular, one poster stated that he was "10000% certain" that Brown had to have been mouthing off for his own teammate to attack him.

I pointed out that Manjack came from the other side of the field, and that the video indicated Brown said nothing. I called the player "Manjackoff" because of his name and the asinine way that he came all the way across the field to attack his own teammate.

The short version (don't laugh) is that a bunch of posters took a 30 second video of Sam Brown's ONE penalty last year (followed by his teammate Manjack attacking Brown), exaggerated it, and turned it into some "bad character/bad attitude/his team hates him" nonsense.

In particular, one poster stated that he was "10000% certain" that Brown had to have been mouthing off for his own teammate to attack him.

I pointed out that Manjack came from the other side of the field, and that the video indicated Brown said nothing. I called the player "Manjackoff" because of his name and the asinine way that he came all the way across the field to attack his own teammate.
98%, You missed the part where people said our freshmen that have 0 receiving yards in college are better options than a guy that had over 800 receiving yards last year with a mailman at QB.

Last edited:
98%, You missed the part where people said our freshman that have 0 receiving yards in college are better options than a guy that had over 800 receiving yards last year with a mailman at QB.
You think Ohio state care if JJ has 0 yards in college, you think Auburn care Coleman has 0 yards, Clemson with Wesco and TJ Moore, yall a trip smh this why Miami always behind can't get they own way. And I like Sam Brown it's just crazy to recruit a 5 star bench him for a Jag then when he leave say he had no experience anyway lol

98%, You missed the part where people said our freshman that have 0 receiving yards in college are better options than a guy that had over 800 receiving yards last year with a mailman at QB.

Yes. There's that too.

I try to have balance. I want to see our HS recruits develop, and you can't expect every guy to be a superstar his first year out of high school. At the same time, I'd never deny that we've signed some impact transfers over the decades who have truly improved our team.

But for some reason, certain posters like to be binary. It's either "all of our WRs suck, we need 3 WR1s from the Portal" or else it's "all of our HS recruit WRs are budding superstars, and every Portal WR is going to destroy team unity".

We rarely find middle ground.

The other binary issue that pops up is that you have to be either Team Colbie or Team Sam, as if this is a Twilight movie. I was a huge Colbie Young fan, but he chose to leave over some coaching/criticism instead of proving that he is as great as he thinks he is. Those things happen. It was not a coaching choice of "let's take Sam Brown instead of Colbie Young".

People need to be aware that we didn't have the option to "keep Colbie Young".

Advertisement
You think Ohio state care if JJ has 0 yards in college, you think Auburn care Coleman has 0 yards, Clemson with Wesco and TJ Moore, yall a trip smh this why Miami always behind can't get they own way. And I like Sam Brown it's just crazy to recruit a 5 star bench him for a Jag then when he leave say he had no experience anyway lol
This is absolutely ******* bananas

It’s sad how 75% of this board doesn’t watch football outside of Miami games.

A Jag lol, yeah you’re right bro…just like you were right about Cam being a selfish player that will lose the locker room and we should move on…

If this guy is a jag, what is Horton…

I actually just spat out my drink reading that comment, no exaggeration 😂. I appreciate the laugh.

It’s sad how 75% of this board doesn’t watch football outside of Miami games.

A Jag lol, yeah you’re right bro…just like you were right about Cam being a selfish player that will lose the locker room and we should move on…

If this guy is a jag, what is Horton…
I read what you wrote and how he responded and I’m telling you I can’t think of a combination of drugs that would allow him to think that’s what you meant

I’m woozy

Horton balled vs Texas A&M (sec) , Bowl game , then all spring and spring game yet yall say he not experience. Yeah because you won't let him play. Again I want Sam Brown because we need the height but if a guy play well in practice him not having experience is a weak excuse in general.

Advertisement
Horton balled vs Texas A&M (sec) , Bowl game , then all spring and spring game yet yall say he not experience. Yeah because you won't let him play. Again I want Sam Brown because we need the height but if a guy play well in practice him not having experience is a weak excuse in general.
Bro he had ONE CATCH AGAINST A&M…balled?!?

Meme Hockey GIF

Advertisement

Haha yeah I've seen clips of Brown at Houston and another WR(Manjack) is also in those clips so I knew who you were referring to. The clip in question however I have not seen. That's hilarious. I skimmed through the thread and my favorite posts were the ones saying that we have 3-4 WR better than Brown right now and how Brown would be our #4 if he came here lol.

If you take a step back from this thread it seems everyone is in agreement that this kid would be a great addition to the team

And yet…somehow…
Exactly I said like 2 times I like Sam Brown let him come. It's just the we don't have experience argument. How you think Sam Brown got his experience? 🤔 somebody let him play I guess. This not just WRs this multiple positions " if guys suck after 2 or 3 years cool replace him" but if all they do is perform every chance they get yet they in year 2 or 3 ppl say they inexperienced how they going to get experience if they always behind transfers?

Advertisement
Exactly I said like 2 times I like Sam Brown let him come. It's just the we don't have experience argument. How you think Sam Brown got his experience? 🤔 somebody let him play I guess. This not just WRs this multiple positions " if guys suck after 2 or 3 years cool replace him" but if all they do is perform every chance they get yet they in year 2 or 3 ppl say they inexperienced how they going to get experience if they always behind transfers?
I don’t like being the peacemaker but I think it’s ok to like the young talent on the team and still acknowledge we should always try to bring in more if possible, no matter what position. Competition right?

We still have roster spots to trim as well could still be some surprises at people leaving

Haha yeah I've seen clips of Brown at Houston and another WR(Manjack) is also in those clips so I knew who you were referring to. The clip in question however I have not seen. That's hilarious. I skimmed through the thread and my favorite posts were the ones saying that we have 3-4 WR better than Brown right now and how Brown would be our #4 if he came here lol.

Page 2, Post #37. Watch from the beginning.

Brown was outside-most of the three WRs at the top of the screen. He blocks his DB hard, though the play is going in the opposite direction. Manjack was the second from the top, and he dances with his defender, making zero contact.

It's just ridiculous. Dead ball, no running clock, and offsetting personal fouls, so the first down pickup stood. No idea why Manjackoff was so determined to run all the way across the field to attack Brown, it could have led to another unsportsmanlike penalty that WOULD HAVE cost Houston 15 yards..

If you take a step back from this thread it seems everyone is in agreement that this kid would be a great addition to the team

And yet…somehow…

He would. The name of the game is getting better. This kid makes the team better. Full stop.

This will be my last visit to this thread till he commits somewhere. The rest of this **** is making me dumber. Give me all the good players. This kid is indisputably a very good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back