Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
There's no fantasy here. TVD did a poor job at distributing the ball. You have to look at the whole picture. Go back and look at the game film. Was Young open at times where TVD didn't see him or just decided to go elsewhere?

So, if you look only at production, the why are they saying Young is now WR1 at UGA sfter theeir spring game? Why did the 2 time national champions take him in the 1st place? Sorely, they didn't come to the same conclusion you did.

You can't compare Young to George. They play different WR positions. That's like comparing X to Horton.

The comparison of Young is to Horton. They play the same WR position.

So, instead of of 2 bigs in Young and Horton, you have 2 similar types in Brown and George. There's no right or wrong. It's just opinions on the talent and the acquisition of it.

People want to act like robots. Conform or be chastised. I'm a free thinker. I have my opinions and I'm not afraid to share them even if they are unpopular. The criticism doesn't bother me. Debate is healthy.
this was ur argument tho:

We were told Miami would go after WRs that were better than what we have. It's not a knock. We'd Basically be bringing in another Jacolby George which is not a bad thing, but it's not what we were told.

brown was better than young was last year. if brown replaces young, we'd have upgraded the WR room, so no lies would be told by them. according to the nerds in their mom's basement he's either the #1 or the #2 receiver available in the spring portal. we literally can't do any better than him unless a better receiver enters the portal.

brown is 6'2 - not a midget - and can jump over bridges, so, assuming he beats out horton, he'd replace young in the starting lineup. cam ward did okay at WSU last year with 3 receivers, the tallest of which was 6'1.

i hope young does great at UGA. he made some big plays here and didn't get into trouble so i'm rooting for him, but he started his career here like this:
Screenshot 2024-04-21 213538.png

and finished it like this:
Screenshot 2024-04-21 213501.png

it's bizarre and i can't remember another receiver, who didn't get injured, who showed out like he did to start his career then produced less and less as he played more. i think horton can easily replace colby's production from last year. i know this guy brown can (and do more).

X was far from the reason we were losing. Contrary to popular opinion. X is probably the best slot receiver in the country. The bar doesn’t get much higher lol
Both things could be true.. Plus I dont want my post to be seen as taking shots at x so I will just leave it at that.. We bringing in talent for a reason tho.. 6 wins gonna have heads rolling regardless of what anyone thinks, they bringing reinforcement for a reason..

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. I'm not burying this.

Brown is good, but not any better than our top 4-5 WRs.

The coaching staff let Colbie Young walk to UGA where he looked like WR1 in their spring game.

We were being told Miami would seek an elite WR in the portal. Now the staff has pivoted and all the podcasts are hyping up a depth piece as if the the coaching staff is sending out press releases.

We let Young walk to go after a lessor player.
Nope. I'm not buying.
Pretty sure Young walking was all about what we were willing to pay vs what he wanted. For other players we might be willing to spend more or less (and possibly/hopefully get better production). I like Colbie Young and wanted him to stay. But if you can get Sam Brown for cheaper, there is a very legit chance he's better as well.

Advertisement
They down play Colbie young a ton o here...with a competent qb he likely has 8+ tds last year and thats with me just catching 3 misses in the like last 2-3 games.

He was "wr 3" because qb1 through the ball a million times to the slot guy. It likely continues somewhat this year as i believe Dawson o seems to push alot to slot wrs.
Colbie had issues with focus but you can’t teach what he has naturally.

You've got to be joking, right?

You posted a SNAPSHOT. Where is the conversation? Where is the "mouthing off" that led Manjackoff to run from one sideline to the other when (in the 10 seconds BEFORE your snapshot) Brown had his back to Manjackoff.

Yep, leave it to a genius such as yourself to provide ZERO evidence of a conversation.
I'm arriving at the party late and have no clue what this argument is about. I just wanted to to award serious points for your use of "Manjackoff". Well done.

Advertisement
They down play Colbie young a ton o here...with a competent qb he likely has 8+ tds last year and thats with me just catching 3 misses in the like last 2-3 games.

He was "wr 3" because qb1 through the ball a million times to the slot guy. It likely continues somewhat this year as i believe Dawson o seems to push alot to slot wrs.
I don’t understand why people constantly complain about X getting so many touches. Some people even did it during the spring game. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he’s just that good and he is open all the time. Dude is a top 10 wr in college football, so he’s obviously going to get the most targets regardless of the qb. He’s super reliable and an outstanding route runner. It feels like he gets himself open almost every play.

I don’t understand why people constantly complain about X getting so many touches. Some people even did it during the spring game. Has it ever occurred to you that maybe he’s just that good and he is open all the time. Dude is a top 10 wr in college football, so he’s obviously going to get the most targets regardless of the qb. He’s super reliable and an outstanding route runner. It feels like he gets himself open almost every play.

Getting open is a skill.

Let me repeat that again. Earning targets because you are open IS A SKILL.

If the kid is open, he should get the football. I don’t care how much it happens. Because it’s a skill and he’s very good at it. I don’t remember a ton of balls last year that went to X when he was completely blanketed. Earning targets is a skill.

Advertisement
Getting open is a skill.

Let me repeat that again. Earning targets because you are open IS A SKILL.

If the kid is open, he should get the football. I don’t care how much it happens. Because it’s a skill and he’s very good at it. I don’t remember a ton of balls last year that went to X when he was completely blanketed. Earning targets is a skill.
Couldn’t have said it any better. The best/most skilled guys will always get the ball. Malik Naebers got targeted 130 times last season, Odunze with 141 targets, MHJ had 117, McMillan had 131, Burden had 122, and Franklin had 115. Let’s keep in mind that X had 122

Advertisement
Looks like Brown could potentially visit both LSU and A&M before Miami . Unless Mario gets him on campus first
Looks like the staff has locked in this weekend as the official visit week regardless of where guys visit. We'll see the reasoning for it I guess (maybe they tampered and are not getting their guys to visit right away to avoid any suspicion."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back