Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mad. No. I don't drink every kool-aid article posted on CIS. Go back to the CIS podcasts where we were told, "Miami will ONLY pursue an elite WR if one comes available in the portal."

It's no knock on Brown. Our expectations were raised and now we're either to lower our expectations or believe Brown is an elite #1 WR.

Don't get me wrong, he can help us.

One thing thst could happen is JoJo gets even bigger and better by the end of fall camp. He could take snaps where Brown doesn't see the field. That's a possibility when the talent you bring in is the same or slightly better.

JoJo has the highest ceiling. The staff doesn't want to RELY on unproven talent in this critical year 3. Unproven young talent ascending is a luxury.
The crazy part is it feels like we agree on all this lol. So again, what is the gripe? An elite WR hasn’t entered the portal so our options are limited.

Sit tight? Wait and see? I wouldn’t hate that either.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. I'm not burying this.

Brown is good, but not any better than our top 4-5 WRs.

The coaching staff let Colbie Young walk to UGA where he looked like WR1 in their spring game.

We were being told Miami would seek an elite WR in the portal. Now the staff has pivoted and all the podcasts are hyping up a depth piece as if the the coaching staff is sending out press releases.

We let Young walk to go after a lessor player.
Nope. I'm not buying.
Go cheer for FSU slapdick

Advertisement
Advertisement
Screenshot_20240416_140302_Samsung Internet.jpg

Some aren’t going to like this, but this dude is going to be our highest drafted wr next year if we land him.

I imagine George and X will also get drafted if they perform as well or better this upcoming year as well, but neither have the measurables to compare with Brown.

He’s the perfect fit for this offense.

feels like we all are arguing about the prettiest girl left in the bar at 2am. Not a true WR1 on the board.
I mean that is the issue with portal. It is unpredictable on which positions will be elite. Planning around the portal is messy business, but still enough talent there to upgrade the roster.

Advertisement
Is this guy a true number one ? I’m not sure with that but he’s easily the best guy we’ve had outside in a couple years. He brings speed , physicality , hands , some size and explosive plays to an offense that has nobody like him. To compare this guy to a a wr we took last year that almost retired because of foot surgeries is ludicrous. I’d still take another wr with him but he’d be nice addition.

Advertisement
Exactly. If a big bodied kid like the Iowa St WR ends up jumping in, grab him too. Plenty of names can be pushed out in that group. Just business.
holy **** hacked by nystateofmind

cc maudes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back