Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but go back and read the Tyler Harrell commit thread when he transferred here. CIS treated that dude like Jameson Williams
To bad he had TVD throwing the ball.
guilty as charged. Viewed him as a plug n play type that could take the top off a defense. Even referred to him as WR1 at one point.

You live and you learn…
We had TVD at QB who usually tracked on one WR while others were wide open. Alabama poached him after a decent year at Louisville and then he got injured. Great average per catch. We all know the quality of WRs Alabama has had over the years. Tough break for him. I thought he was going to do well as an extra WR.

Advertisement
LOL some of ya'll clamoring for a kid that ain't even in the portal
IMG_4250.gif

Advertisement
Why are we acting like playing or not playing in the spring game is any sort of predictor?
Spring games are important to us CIS community…they are a part of our Championship Offseasons, and have become very nuanced about these spring game performances. What else have we got to brag about for the last 20+ years? Every sneeze, cough and fart by a player carries weight…

Advertisement
Does brown got any visits set up yet? Hopefully he can make it down next week wit hill and Martinez

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. I'm not burying this.

Brown is good, but not any better than our top 4-5 WRs.

The coaching staff let Colbie Young walk to UGA where he looked like WR1 in their spring game.

We were being told Miami would seek an elite WR in the portal. Now the staff has pivoted and all the podcasts are hyping up a depth piece as if the the coaching staff is sending out press releases.

We let Young walk to go after a lessor player.
Nope. I'm not buying.

I'm sorry, but this makes no sense. I'm not burying this.

Brown is good, but not any better than our top 4-5 WRs.

The coaching staff let Colbie Young walk to UGA where he looked like WR1 in their spring game.

We were being told Miami would seek an elite WR in the portal. Now the staff has pivoted and all the podcasts are hyping up a depth piece as if the the coaching staff is sending out press releases.

We let Young walk to go after a lessor player.
Nope. I'm not buying.
Still time left to delete.

I'm not interested in WRs I'm interested in DBs. WR is barely a consultation prize.

Advertisement
Still time left to delete.
A lot of catches and only 3 TDs in a conference that plays defense like G5 schools.

I said he's good. I just don't think he's better than what we already have. Is he WR1 on our team?
He was WR2 at Houston.

He has experience, but who in our WR room is he better than? Is he WR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?

Remember, we were told Miami would only go after an elite WR. That's the bar I'm measuring against.

A lot of catches and only 3 TDs in a conference that plays defense like G5 schools.

I said he's good. I just don't think he's better than what we already have. Is he WR1 on our team?
He was WR2 at Houston.

He has experience, but who in our WR room is he better than? Is he WR 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?

Remember, we were told Miami would only go after an elite WR.
That's the bar I'm measuring against.
I think you are arguing statistics vs the player so I won't dive into your response. I will say that actions speak louder than words. If you want to believe everything you read on here who's really at fault?

He was WR2 at Houston.

Remember, we were told Miami would only go after an elite WR. That's the bar I'm measuring against.
Horton’s 13 catches for 168 yards and Trader/Carr’s 0 yards are surely more proven and better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back