Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
His best WRs just so happen to be slot guys that’s why they were the focus. You didn’t mention when Kevin white was the focus at wvu. Or a David sills
I wouldn't say that at all...those offenses with Kevin White were Dana offenses. Dawson only took over primary playcalling duties under Dana in his last two years at Houston.

Dana was calling plays in 2023 and wild, a WR-X was WR1 in the offense.

However, EVEN IF what you say is true (I don't agree...but whatever)...this guy isn't better than X and didn't outproduce as a WR1, our WR2. If you think he's more than a role player, that's cool. Hope he is. I just don't see him as much more than a WR3 on this team within the role as an XWR.

Also, we should keep it a buck, he's not more talented than JoJo Trader. Hopefully this discussion is pointless and that is who emerges as our XWR, even with Sam Brown on the roster.

Advertisement
If some of you guys only knew the sht that goes on in the off season; you’d be asking for half of the team to go portal.

Dudes under pressure, making money at 18-24 years old full of aggression and testosterone.
Yeah there might be a some hands thrown now and then. 😂
If that dude doesn’t go full riieetard and charge at him then this is a non issue. It’s off setting penalties. How many receiver vs db’s get this happen to them all the time.

Get Brown and Martinez down here!!

I wouldn't say that at all...those offenses with Kevin White were Dana offenses. Dawson only took over primary playcalling duties under Dana in his last two years at Houston.

Dana was calling plays in 2023 and wild, a WR-X was WR1 in the offense.

However, EVEN IF what you say is true (I don't agree...but whatever)...this guy isn't better than X and didn't outproduce as a WR1, our WR2. If you think he's more than a role player, that's cool. Hope he is. I just don't see him as much more than a WR3 on this team within the role as an XWR.

Also, we should keep it a buck, he's not more talented than JoJo Trader. Hopefully this discussion is pointless and that is who emerges as our XWR, even with Sam Brown on the roster.
He is better than George deal with it

If some of you guys only knew the sht that goes on in the off season; you’d be asking for half of the team to go portal.

Dudes under pressure, making money at 18-24 years old full of aggression and testosterone.
If that dude doesn’t go full riieetard and charge at him then this is a non issue. It’s off setting penalties. How many receiver vs db’s get this happen to them all the time.

Completely agree. The unsportsmanlike…while not great…it’s part of doing business especially with WR and DB…love when guys push the line with it.

Agree completely on the offseason stuff. If there isn’t a fist fight at least once a week somethings up.

The problem and questions I have are about the response of his teammates and I’m sure Miami is asking about it too. What caused the teammate to go full riieetard? Is the teammate undisciplined too or was brown mouthing off to him too…was this something that was building up. Based on what I saw on video I’m going with the latter/both.

Why would Brown leave a P4 school where he is the unquestioned #1 to come to an equal conference to be the #3 at best…prob #4 with Arroyo healthy. I get Cam Ward, Shannon, and NIL, but I’m sure whatever we offer isn’t blowing Houston’s deal out of the water.

When we brought in that Bama player a lot of people on this board found every excuse in the book to justify brining in a player who just assaulted his coach and look at how that turned out.

Approves...
1713546124166.png

Advertisement
Completely agree. The unsportsmanlike…while not great…it’s part of doing business especially with WR and DB…love when guys push the line with it.

Agree completely on the offseason stuff. If there isn’t a fist fight at least once a week somethings up.

The problem and questions I have are about the response of his teammates and I’m sure Miami is asking about it too. What caused the teammate to go full riieetard? Is the teammate undisciplined too or was brown mouthing off to him too…was this something that was building up. Based on what I saw on video I’m going with the latter/both.

Why would Brown leave a P4 school where he is the unquestioned #1 to come to an equal conference to be the #3 at best…prob #4 with Arroyo healthy. I get Cam Ward, Shannon, and NIL, but I’m sure whatever we offer isn’t blowing Houston’s deal out of the water.

When we brought in that Bama player a lot of people on this board found every excuse in the book to justify brining in a player who just assaulted his coach and look at how that turned out.
idk why you don’t see a number 1 outside receiver.

But I’m no talent scout.

A lot of excuse making and assumptions in your post too.

Notice how his positional coach wasn’t waiting for him on the sideline to immediately talk to him?

You can still be an incredibly talent player and lead a team in receiving while being absolutely disdained by your teammates…Antonio Brown.

Another player was upset about the context? So what happened first browns attitude and lack of discipline that caused the penalty or the punch by his teammate?

Then walking off the field no helmet...no hustle. I guarantee the teammate that hit him told him to either run off the field, put his helmet on, or stop being a jackass. And then brown started mouthing off to him. He would have punched him on the field if it was directly because of the penalty…I have at least seen that countless times. But to wait until you get the sideline…brown 10000% mouthed off to that player directly or was mouthing off in general.

My point is myself and the majority of this fanbase grew tired of George’s act last year and this kid seems to be a carbon copy of George. Mario has worked very hard to get the cancer out of the locker room…I’m just not sure if the locker room can manage a guy like this.

At best this kid would our #3 receiver behind X and George. If this kid was a war daddy DT I’d be all over him (pause)

Good lord, what a dopey post from you. I apologize, I didn't realize I was talking to Abraham Mother****ing Zapruder.

I'm glad I went to UM during the time when we celebrated our personal foul penalties. We have a lot of soft-shouldered fans these days.

"His positional coach wasn't waiting for him on the sideline to immediately talk to him"? Are you serious? The penalty happened on the far side of the field and had not yet been called. The coaching staff was more concerned about first-and-goal with a chance to cut the deficit from 14 to 7. But you are going to ignore the fact that a coach went and talked to him after the penalty was called. Your choice.

You use "Antonio Brown" to prove that Sam Brown is "disdained"?

"What happened first"? Who cares? It was offsetting penalties during an away-from-the-play blocking assignment of a WR on a CB. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. But you have turned it into "attitude" and "lack of discipline", when the interaction isn't even shown on the video.

"Walking off the field no helmet...no hustle"? Again, ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS? How do you know his helmet wasn't pulled off by the defensive player? It isn't shown on the video at all. But that kind of stuff happens all the time. As for "hustle", it's a deadball penalty, there is no running playclock.

"And then Brown started mouthing off to him"? WHEN? When Brown was on the sideline with his back to Manjackoff, and Manjackoff came running from the far side of the field to push a guy down? Have you even watched the video? Please tell us the point when Brown started "mouthing off" to Manjackoff. You are "10000%" certain of something you can't even explain. WATCH THE PLAY. Brown and Manjackoff are both on the far side of the field during the play, Brown blocks his CB hard and Manjackoff dances with his defender. Brown then runs off of the field, completely away from Manjackoff, they are nowhere near each other when Manjackoff decides to attack Brown. More importantly, you don't see Brown saying ANYTHING as he runs off the field.

Bottom line, I don't give a single **** what you or anyone else think of Jacolby George, the only opinions that matter are those of the coaches and teammates, and they seem to be fine with George.

Instead, you have chosen to project your feelings towards George onto some completely different player from Houston, and you have come up with all kinds of assumptions and hare-brained conclusions about a player's "attitude" and "discipline" and "mouth".

Strange behavior. Very soft.

I'm happy to bring in an outside WR who blocks his defender hard, even though the play has gone to the other side of the field.

Show me on the doll where Jacolby George hurt you.

character issues areonly a problem if they are from south florida...

we took a dude who punched a 320 pound strength an conditioning coach and no 1 batted an eye...
That slap was one of the most ***** made things I’ve ever seen on a football field

But gimme those stats IDGAF

But I’m no talent scout.

Number one outside receivers should dance with CBs, as Joseph Manjackoff IV does, instead of blocking them...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think the measurables deserve repeating. This is a kid who is 6’2, 195, running 4.4s (at least), jumping out of the gym and is already one of the most productive receivers in the Big 12.

We have athleticism in our WR corps but, outside of Horton, not much size. Brown would bring that while also improving our explosiveness.
I hope this tall fast explosive WR pans out better than Tyler Harrell.

But I’m no talent scout.
I’m not as well. He’s definitely very good and can obviously play here. I think X has clearly demonstrated the offense should and will go through him. Then Mario and Dawson have spoken at length they plan on getting the TEs much more involved and want them to be a focal point of this offense.

He could maybe overtake George and get more targets than him.

We aren’t desperate is what I’m getting at. Like in the past we don't need to blindly take this kid on if there are real locker room / attitude issues.

I'm sure Andre Johnson had it coming. "Bad attitude". "Lack of discipline". "Mouthing off" to the angelic Cortland Finnegan.

We should toss Andre out of the UM Sports Hall of Fame for that nonsense...

Advertisement
Good lord, what a dopey post from you. I apologize, I didn't realize I was talking to Abraham Mother****ing Zapruder.

I'm glad I went to UM during the time when we celebrated our personal foul penalties. We have a lot of soft-shouldered fans these days.

"His positional coach wasn't waiting for him on the sideline to immediately talk to him"? Are you serious? The penalty happened on the far side of the field and had not yet been called. The coaching staff was more concerned about first-and-goal with a chance to cut the deficit from 14 to 7. But you are going to ignore the fact that a coach went and talked to him after the penalty was called. Your choice.

You use "Antonio Brown" to prove that Sam Brown is "disdained"?

"What happened first"? Who cares? It was offsetting penalties during an away-from-the-play blocking assignment of a WR on a CB. HAPPENS ALL THE TIME. But you have turned it into "attitude" and "lack of discipline", when the interaction isn't even shown on the video.

"Walking off the field no helmet...no hustle"? Again, ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS? How do you know his helmet wasn't pulled off by the defensive player? It isn't shown on the video at all. But that kind of stuff happens all the time. As for "hustle", it's a deadball penalty, there is no running playclock.

"And then Brown started mouthing off to him"? WHEN? When Brown was on the sideline with his back to Manjackoff, and Manjackoff came running from the far side of the field to push a guy down? Have you even watched the video? Please tell us the point when Brown started "mouthing off" to Manjackoff. You are "10000%" certain of something you can't even explain. WATCH THE PLAY. Brown and Manjackoff are both on the far side of the field during the play, Brown blocks his CB hard and Manjackoff dances with his defender. Brown then runs off of the field, completely away from Manjackoff, they are nowhere near each other when Manjackoff decides to attack Brown. More importantly, you don't see Brown saying ANYTHING as he runs off the field.

Bottom line, I don't give a single **** what you or anyone else think of Jacolby George, the only opinions that matter are those of the coaches and teammates, and they seem to be fine with George.

Instead, you have chosen to project your feelings towards George onto some completely different player from Houston, and you have come up with all kinds of assumptions and hare-brained conclusions about a player's "attitude" and "discipline" and "mouth".

Strange behavior. Very soft.

I'm happy to bring in an outside WR who blocks his defender hard, even though the play has gone to the other side of the field.

Show me on the doll where Jacolby George hurt you.
You’re an unhinged dude man. You have some serious anger problems.

We’ve done this song and dance before. I really hope you’re in therapy. How much a single post on this site works you up is extremely concerning. Or maybe you’re on the spectrum?

You’re an unhinged dude man. You have some serious anger problems.

Then why don't you run across the field to push me down? Clearly, I deserve it. You seem to like that kind of soft ****.

Still waiting for you to show us the point in the video at which Brown "mouthed off" to Manjackoff.

Then why don't you run across the field to push me down? Clearly, I deserve it. You seem to like that kind of soft ****.

Still waiting for you to show us the point in the video at which Brown "mouthed off" to Manjackoff.
Dude what? You want me to do what to you? Is that some kind of kink of yours?
IMG_9788.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back