Sam Brown, WR, Houston

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the measurables deserve repeating. This is a kid who is 6’2, 195, running 4.4s (at least), jumping out of the gym and is already one of the most productive receivers in the Big 12.

We have athleticism in our WR corps but, outside of Horton, not much size. Brown would bring that while also improving our explosiveness.
If they can keep the three expected starters here and add this kid it allows Trader and Carr to be more situational where they can get them in more space.

Advertisement
There isn't one. Many here have gotten caught up in the fallacy that there was going to be a run on all-conference type talent hitting the portal
Right! My thought is that good QBs makes all conference types at WR. And right now....WE HAVE A PRETTY GOOD QB HERE!!! So lets maximize the potential of both (QB and the WR). Bringing this kid in, is a no brainer, IMO.

I know everyone wants those WR1 types...I do, too. I get it.

However, you need some guys to just do their job and fill out the roster. Seems like a nice WR3 type for us that we can use with (hopefully a really improved, more consistent, less "just the splash plays") Isaiah Horton. Maybe one more of these types as a WR3/WR4 that allows us a little buffer before we need to play JoJo or Ny Carr. Let JoJo beat out these guys (very easy task if he is HIM).

Could use a few nice veteran hands in there and Sam Brown looks like that kind of guy. The connection to Dawson is nice.
lol at wr 3 or 4. Would be the best outside wr on the team

Advertisement
lol at wr 3 or 4. Would be the best outside wr on the team
****, I’d go as far to say (and yes, hot take) he has the potential to put up better numbers than Restrepo given defenses will be keen on scheming to stop him first and foremost.

That speed plus the ability to make contested catches with pretty good route running…he’s WR2 as soon as he steps on campus.

I think the measurables deserve repeating. This is a kid who is 6’2, 195, running 4.4s (at least), jumping out of the gym and is already one of the most productive receivers in the Big 12.

We have athleticism in our WR corps but, outside of Horton, not much size. Brown would bring that while also improving our explosiveness.
And it shouldn't be undersold he did this with an average at best QB.

Donovan Smith was a sizeable drop off from Clayton Tune in terms of ability.

Whatever people think S Brown is or isn't, will be amplified playing with a QB like Cam Ward. The ball will be there on time & in rhythm, which is something he hasn't had in a while.

And he already understands Dawson's Offense, verbiage, audibles, route combos, assignments etc, because he played in it, so there isn't going to be a learning curve that takes him to time to adjust.

He immediately walks in & can play either Field or Flanker.

Advertisement
View attachment 287206View attachment 287207View attachment 287208View attachment 287209View attachment 287210View attachment 287211View attachment 287213View attachment 287214View attachment 287215
Had 62rec & 815yds at 13 yards per catch & did so while playing with a sh*tty QB in a sh*tty Offense.

Good route runner with good speed & is natural hands catcher. You take this kid ALL DAY adding him onto what we already giving Cam Ward another weapon & allowing the Offense to have the versatility it needs in order to not get stiffled when teams decide to sell-out to stop one aspect of the attack. It's the patented counter-punch that I always speak about when discussing Offense. What can you do when the Defense shuts down one of your primary modes of operating?

As far as concerns about his attitude or whatever, who tf cares... He'll be here for one season & the goal is to win as many games as possible. He walks in day 1 as a starter, so he's going to get the ball plenty & as long as he's making plays & helping us win he can slap as many bítch *** QB's as he likes. And if he's slapping teammates even better, this locker room needs it.

He's a no-brainer; You add Martinez, Sam Brown & the Center from USC & the Offense has potential to be one of most dangerous in the ACC.
Balling Chappelle Show GIF

Whatever people think S Brown is or isn't, will be amplified playing with a QB like Cam Ward. The ball will be there on time & in rhythm, which is something he hasn't had in a while.

And he already understands Dawson's Offense, verbiage, audibles, route combos, assignments etc, because he played in it, so there isn't going to be a learning curve that takes him to time to adjust.

The goat has spoken. Bring this kid home

Advertisement

Faster Rashee Rice

If he will help the team then bring him in.

Expecting a true WR 1 in the portal seems unlikely. You have to work with what's available.

Thats why Martinez is a must-get at RB.

ALL OF THIS!!!!

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back