Sam Brooks Vid

Advertisement

Cant wait till this kid heals up 100% hes going to be ruthless, closing speed at its finest when healthy.

yeah hes a good tackler but can he make that transition from playing on the line in high school to LB in college. We have not seen him play LB at all, so we do not know if hes quick enough or has good coverage skills.

yeah hes a good tackler but can he make that transition from playing on the line in high school to LB in college. We have not seen him play LB at all, so we do not know if hes quick enough or has good coverage skills.
Didnt he play as a JR at LB or am I mistaken?

All those rush ends from Northwestern never pan out. The weaver twins Torrian Charles mike smith now this guy. They never pan out all the do is rush the QB from a 5 man front every down they blitz stats are inflated

Advertisement
Taurean Charles got kicked out of UF and had legal issues. Kid would have been a stud at UF if it was just football.

And Mike Smith had a devstating knee injury. Like Darrion Owens he's just not the same player he was pre-injury.

With Brooks it's a matter of him fully recoveing. He ran a 4.6 pre-injury, so he has the speed to play LB if he gets back to where he was.

I've never understood why people think a HS rush OLB/DE can't play LB in college. Kids make far more radical position changes in college all the time.

Taurean Charles got kicked out of UF and had legal issues. Kid would have been a stud at UF if it was just football.

And Mike Smith had a devstating knee injury. Like Darrion Owens he's just not the same player he was pre-injury.

With Brooks it's a matter of him fully recoveing. He ran a 4.6 pre-injury, so he has the speed to play LB if he gets back to where he was.

I've never understood why people think a HS rush OLB/DE can't play LB in college. Kids make far more radical position changes in college all the time.
Plus Sam brooks is a great athlete, as a junior he had a spark rating of 116 at the Nike opening. Would have been 125 plus if he was healthy enough to test this year imo

They need to stand him up more often. Always playing at rush end does concern me some.

You can tell he doesn’t have confidence in the knee.

That’s odd. Not that a UF player had legal issues but that UF actually kicked him out for it. They must’ve found more bodies on him than Dahmer.

Advertisement
That’s odd. Not that a UF player had legal issues but that UF actually kicked him out for it. They must’ve found more bodies on him than Dahmer.

That is where Dahmer ****ed up. If only he was a Gator he would still be free. Spurier and the GPD would have covered up all of his crimes for him.

Bigger question, does he know how to get off blocks? I don’t know if I saw anyone actually engage him in that vid. 😂😂
I do like his closing speed, and he’s from northwestern so I don’t actually worry about his talent. I’m just busting on the other team.

Thanks for posting!

He seems a bit hesitant on his get-off, but that's to be expected coming back so soon from his injury. With that being said, you can still see his explosiveness when he is about to make a hit.

Top 5 recruit in this class, regardless of who else commits (i.e., Neal, MAR, Bogle, Payton)

Advertisement

Bigger question, does he know how to get off blocks? I don’t know if I saw anyone actually engage him in that vid. 😂😂
I do like his closing speed, and he’s from northwestern so I don’t actually worry about his talent. I’m just busting on the other team.
U think because he's from Northwestern he has talent man they are trash 0-2 so far this season. Its the same story from all kids that play this position at NW all they do is use they speed to blow by the Tackle thats 100 to 150 pounds bigger and much slower.

Advertisement
If he was 230 240 moving like that it would be special hes 180 190 at best i seen him up close Wednesday he should be a safety with his body right now. U add weight on him he gets slower added weight not gonna be healthy for that knee either. All this is just my opinion.

With his build, he'll be a long way from seeing the field at linebacker here. That's not that bad of a thing though as he'll be a long way from his injury and have plenty of time to learn the position. As someone else mentioned, I still don't see a linebacker with him, but safety as they noted.

Here is to hoping he is not another in a growing line of strictly high school edge rushers that prove to small to be effective rushing the passer in college, not agile enough to stand up as a LB.

I'll take more Joe Jacks and Garvins for the edge, more Pinckneys and Shaqs for linebackers. Less in betweeners that have to either put on 50+ pounds or learn a new position. I hope to look even more stupid than normal.

(and dont even ******* start with some sort of Shazier comparison)

Advertisement
Back