Sam Brooks Vid

I personally have never seen him play live, but from limited film there isn’t much out there on him.

I must be missing something but I don’t see an elite player.

Terry Mcray and Mike Smith were county sack leaders....

Advertisement
Brooks is a backer all the way...Will he have to buck some history of Dade undersized Des making the transition yes...Little more dicey off the knee injury? Maybe slightly. But he's a take all the way with his speed/pursuit/length.

Typical new era CIS thread. Guy starts thread rightfully pumping up one of our great commits. Thread immediately devolves to doubt and gloom.

Typical new era CIS thread. Guy starts thread rightfully pumping up one of our great commits. Thread immediately devolves to doubt and gloom.

Sadly, lots of guys in here wearing only sleeveless shirts -- shoulders are too weak to carry the weight of sleeves.

I personally have never seen him play live, but from limited film there isn’t much out there on him.

I must be missing something but I don’t see an elite player.

Terry Mcray and Mike Smith were county sack leaders....
You checked his junior film m3n? I think The kid can play and is a great athlete

Advertisement
You checked his junior film m3n? I think The kid can play and is a great athlete

I think he can play, but at what spot? Also I’m not seeing this ELITE player others are seeing. He’s productive for sure and a good player.

It’s hard to ignore that he is extremely light for a DE and has little exp at OLB. And he’s coming off a tough injury.

Time will tell.

I think he can play, but at what spot? Also I’m not seeing this ELITE player others are seeing. He’s productive for sure and a good player.

It’s hard to ignore that he is extremely light for a DE and has little exp at OLB. And he’s coming off a tough injury.

Time will tell.

You don't see "elite"?

giphy.gif

Help me out here--are people really saying that the same guy who weighed in at 194 pounds at an official combine as a sophomore, is now "180-190 at best"?

What are people basing this off of?

He looks like a linebacker to me. I hope he break the cycle of overhyped mnw lbs as someone mentioned above.
Not over hyped LB just the Rush Ends are over hyped none has ever panned out ever. Spence was a LB nate webster was a LB lavonte david was a LB before someone try to mention them

Advertisement
Help me out here--are people really saying that the same guy who weighed in at 194 pounds at an official combine as a sophomore, is now "180-190 at best"?

What are people basing this off of?
I seen him in person two days ago hes 180 195 at best

3 LB's from 2 schools & 2 cities that produce the most NFL players (MNW/Miami & STA/Ft. Lauderdale).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my opinion is that Brooks & Huff will terrorize the ACC due to their speed & overall violent tackling ability. They're not big slow LB's, they're sideline to sideline & hit everything that moves.

The biggest question mark is how they'll work in pass coverage, which is actually a strong suit of Solomon. I don't think Diaz plans on having either Brooks or Huff dropping back in coverage too often (at least I hope not lol) but otherwise they have the traits that translate well into an aggressive attacking Defense.

Every player ain't the same, I understand comparing him to those other players, but that don't mean he's gonna be them. We'll see once they all get here.

He needs to put on some weight, but he can definitely play LB here. Pinckney rushes the QB a lot off the edge too and it's not like him, Shaq or Mccloud are world beaters in coverage either.

Advertisement
Sam Brooks is a football player, this kid would probably be a 5 star recruit IF it wasn’t for his injury!! Brooks will come to UM and get on this weight program and he will add GOOD weight and get bigger, THIS kid shouldn’t be doubted.. BUT our fans!!!!

3 LB's from 2 schools & 2 cities that produce the most NFL players (MNW/Miami & STA/Ft. Lauderdale).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my opinion is that Brooks & Huff will terrorize the ACC due to their speed & overall violent tackling ability. They're not big slow LB's, they're sideline to sideline & hit everything that moves.

The biggest question mark is how they'll work in pass coverage, which is actually a strong suit of Solomon. I don't think Diaz plans on having either Brooks or Huff dropping back in coverage too often (at least I hope not lol) but otherwise they have the traits that translate well into an aggressive attacking Defense.

Every player ain't the same, I understand comparing him to those other players, but that don't mean he's gonna be them. We'll see once they all get here.
That group (Solomon, Huff and Brooks) will compliment each other perfect!! Huff is the big thumper (a tackling machine), Solomon can cover and defend pass, and Brooks is the player that blitzes, QB abuser!!

Brooks looks good but doesn't look elite at all

Dude has 0 film playing LB

Wait and see.....

Advertisement
And both played LB in High School. Brooks may be the exception, but generally these DE to LB conversions don't work.

any data to back that up?

Ryan Shazier turned out pretty good if we're just going to offer meaningless anecdotes

Advertisement
Back