Sam Brooks Vid

Advertisement
kid tore his acl and broke his fibula less than a year ago. He's going to need probably 18 months to recover.

anybody who saw him play live last year thought he was one of the best players in Dade.

I don't know. I never saw him play live last year. I was in North Carolina. Based off his (SO/JR) highlights I thought he was all-state worthy for sure. But came away very disappointed with the effort and lack of presence he had in the 1 game of him I watched. Just my personal opinion

Brooks is a backer all the way...Will he have to buck some history of Dade undersized Des making the transition yes...Little more dicey off the knee injury? Maybe slightly. But he's a take all the way with his speed/pursuit/length.
Yeah but his film shows no coverage skills, and that's what I'm worry about. I'm also worried about his speed quickness since he did have a big knee injury.

Advertisement
3 LB's from 2 schools & 2 cities that produce the most NFL players (MNW/Miami & STA/Ft. Lauderdale).

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, my opinion is that Brooks & Huff will terrorize the ACC due to their speed & overall violent tackling ability. They're not big slow LB's, they're sideline to sideline & hit everything that moves.

The biggest question mark is how they'll work in pass coverage, which is actually a strong suit of Solomon. I don't think Diaz plans on having either Brooks or Huff dropping back in coverage too often (at least I hope not lol) but otherwise they have the traits that translate well into an aggressive attacking Defense.

Every player ain't the same, I understand comparing him to those other players, but that don't mean he's gonna be them. We'll see once they all get here.
Huff is not bad at pass coverage. On the other hand brooks is always coming off the line on film, so I'm assuming hes not good at pass coverage.

He needs to put on some weight, but he can definitely play LB here. Pinckney rushes the QB a lot off the edge too and it's not like him, Shaq or Mccloud are world beaters in coverage either.
That's the problem we are tryna recruit kids like the old UM LBers.

Brooks athleticism jumps off the highlights. Agree he's not fully back from injury, but he'a Miami kid all the way. I just hope Diaz has more direct oversight over LB development, because Patke isn't enough for kids like McCord, Wilder and Brooks. They need a ton of attention to make that transition to a true OLB.

Huff is not bad at pass coverage. On the other hand brooks is always coming off the line on film, so I'm assuming hes not good at pass coverage.

I would slow down with that assumption. He is sudden and athletic. Just because his team does not ask him to drop back in coverage often doesn't mean he can't do it. With his athleticism, I wouldn't doubt him.

Advertisement
Yeah but his film shows no coverage skills, and that's what I'm worry about. I'm also worried about his speed quickness since he did have a big knee injury.

Coverage skills a concern for a lot of backers...i agree the knee is a concern, but pre knee he is a take all the way, and you obv aren't gonna drop a MNW legacy stud.

I would slow down with that assumption. He is sudden and athletic. Just because his team does not ask him to drop back in coverage often doesn't mean he can't do it. With his athleticism, I wouldn't doubt him.
Well theres a video of him at a rival camp getting turned around by subpar TEs and RBs. You act like his athleticism is going to keep him from getting burnt, he is moving to college with athletes that are just as athletic or more.

I mean we recruited Solomon who is like a 185pd cover linebacker. We want Brooks going forward not worrying about him covering.

Well theres a video of him at a rival camp getting turned around by subpar TEs and RBs. You act like his athleticism is going to keep him from getting burnt, he is moving to college with athletes that are just as athletic or more.

I wouldnt exactly call Shaun Shivers and George Takacs subpar te and rbs. One scored tds for auburn yesterday at rb and the other is a notre dame te

Advertisement
yeah hes a good tackler but can he make that transition from playing on the line in high school to LB in college. We have not seen him play LB at all, so we do not know if hes quick enough or has good coverage skills.
It really ain't that serious. Plenty of kids make the DE-to-LB transition.

Advertisement
Taurean Charles got kicked out of UF and had legal issues. Kid would have been a stud at UF if it was just football.

And Mike Smith had a devstating knee injury. Like Darrion Owens he's just not the same player he was pre-injury.

With Brooks it's a matter of him fully recoveing. He ran a 4.6 pre-injury, so he has the speed to play LB if he gets back to where he was.

I've never understood why people think a HS rush OLB/DE can't play LB in college. Kids make far more radical position changes in college all the time.
Because these fans all think they're Mel Kiper.

Thanks for posting!

He seems a bit hesitant on his get-off, but that's to be expected coming back so soon from his injury. With that being said, you can still see his explosiveness when he is about to make a hit.

Top 5 recruit in this class, regardless of who else commits (i.e., Neal, MAR, Bogle, Payton)
He's not hesitant. The OT in front of him is down-blocking, so he's sitting/squeezing. You can't just run upfield if you're unblocked.

Yall MF's need to cut the ****.

College DC's recruit ATHLETES. They're not worried about what your high school coaches asked you do. Chances are very good that your college coaches are going to remold you, teach you new **** from scratch and ask you to do completely different stuff. The coaching in high school, specifically in South FLA, is trash. 80% of these kids, especially on the front-7, are blank slates when they get to college.

"I don't see him playing any pass coverage."

Who gives a ****? All high school LB's suck at pass coverage. It's barely coached up. Most just spot-drop and break on the ball (in zone) or cover sub-par RB's out of the backfield. (and most HS offenses down here don't even utilize the RB in the passing game)

You know who's good at pass coverage at the next level? GREAT ATHLETES. If a kid is athletic, long and has range...he'll be good at pass coverage.

Stop overthinking the ****. The D1 coaches that make 6/7 figures don't even analyze these kids like yall do, and yall work in cubicles.

Advertisement
Back