Sam Brooks - Stop the Insanity

Advertisement
Think a lot of people are sleeping on Brooks. The kids athleticism is off the charts, he should work into a backup role this season and play in his 4 games. Let’s just pray that nothing happens to Shaw or Pinckney that would force Brooks and/or Huff to be thrust into a more prominent role than developing this year.

Think a lot of people are sleeping on Brooks. The kids athleticism is off the charts, he should work into a backup role this season and play in his 4 games. Let’s just pray that nothing happens to Shaw or Pinckney that would force Brooks and/or Huff to be thrust into a more prominent role than developing this year.

I seem to remember pre-injury people were talking about him as a high 4* prospect. He will be nearly 2 years post-injury so hopefully he has all of his explosion back.

Brooks has really good instincts. He’s not a pin-the-ears back rusher. Very aware of the ball. Consistent tackler, too.

There are fair questions with the DE conversion and injury but I’ll bet on the athleticism, frame and production.

That's what I've been hoping to hear! I know he's athletic, but that in itself is not enough to be a good LB.

Advertisement
Quote from SMD's article today:

Sam Brooks, the 6-2, 210-pound linebacker out of Miami Northwestern, enrolled in May and “is picking things up really easily,’’ Diaz said. “We think he has ability.’’

Co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda said of Brooks after he signed in December that, “This kid is going to be a monster.’’

“He’s huge,’’ Banda said, “broad shoulders, physical, can run, can tackle, comes from a great program. When this kid gets in our weight program, which we’ve proven what we can do, when he hits those weights, gets healthy and really strong he’s going to be a really good player for us.”

Sam Brooks, the 6-2, 210-pound linebacker out of Miami Northwestern, enrolled in May and “is picking things up really easily,’’ Diaz said. “We think he has ability.’’

Co-defensive coordinator Ephraim Banda said of Brooks after he signed in December that, “This kid is going to be a monster.’’

“He’s huge,’’ Banda said, “broad shoulders, physical, can run, can tackle, comes from a great program. When this kid gets in our weight program, which we’ve proven what we can do, when he hits those weights, gets healthy and really strong he’s going to be a really good player for us.”
Because of our LB depth, I would not be surprised if he makes Freshman All conference. I can't wait to hear how he does during fall camp...He has about 2 legs up on Avery Huff already.

I'm mad Banda was trying to hype Gus Felder like that smh.

Advertisement

Me and U been excited about this kid from the jump, all we worrying about if he comes back 100 cause if he does he is a freak man. Before the injury he was a missile out the for MNW

Brooks has put in some serious work, my god. Kid was a potential 5* before he wrecked his knee, now he’s two years removed from
The injury, can’t wait to see him develop.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back