Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

Advertisement
Starting a True Freshman at safety is usually not ideal. I think Patterson is special, but I do think with Powell coming in, and I think some are sleeping on Jaden Harris, it would be nice to bring him along slowly.

Last night on caneville space, X said coaches love Harris at safety.

Starting a True Freshman at safety is usually not ideal. I think Patterson is special, but I do think with Powell coming in, and I think some are sleeping on Jaden Harris, it would be nice to bring him along slowly.

Last night on caneville space, X said coaches love Harris at safety.
He doesn't have to be Caleb Downs

Worst case scenario is he’s a top flight gunner with some sub packages. But I think his physicality will be hard to keep off the field. Not impressed with our safety room, including transfers. I think Z could definitely be in play to start by end of the year.

Advertisement
Worst case scenario is he’s a top flight gunner with some sub packages. But I think his physicality will be hard to keep off the field. Not impressed with our safety room, including transfers. I think Z could definitely be in play to start by end of the year.
Safety room looks terrible for true UM standards. I’m hoping this position surprises us, I know crib mentioned someone forgot who it was that may arrive on the scene next season.

Advertisement
Kam Kinchens lol

And that open field tackle was game changing. Kam was one of our better players in 2021. JW started too. Not sure if Quan or Gurvan started but they played a lot IIRC and were pretty good for what Manny asked of them. Still, it’s not ideal.

Edit: just checked and neither Johnson nor Hall started as true freshmen.

And that open field tackle was game changing. Kam was one of our better players in 2021. JW started too. Not sure if Quan or Gurvan started but they played a lot IIRC and were pretty good for what Manny asked of them. Still, it’s not ideal.

Edit: just checked and neither Johnson nor Hall started as true freshmen.

Hall to this day is the biggest recruiting disappointment for me that we have signed in quite some time. I thought he was a sure thing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
How big are y'all expecting the kid to be? Is he even 18 yet? Or are y'all just saying we shouldn't have a kid that size as the only option at Miami?

Advertisement
Back