Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

View as article
I mean, his freshman year isn't worth talking about. All three of the young guys already on roster have very little production. Harris is the only guy with starts (2). I guess Williams' Rutgers performance could be a good sign for him?

From the official Canes site:

Spencer
2023 (True Freshman):
Saw action in 11 games during debut season, largely on special teams…Credited with one tackle…Made Miami debut in win over Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14)…Played at Temple (Sept. 23)…Had first tackle at Florida State (Nov. 11).:

Williams
2023 (Redshirt Freshman):
Saw action in 11 games…Had 15 total tackles, including one tackle for loss…Credited with one PBU…Had one tackle in season opener against Miami (Ohio) (Sept. 1)…Credited with two solo tackles in back-to-back wins over Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14) and Temple (Sept. 23)…Totaled one tackle against NC State (Nov. 4)…Had one tackle at Florida State (Nov. 11)…Ranked second on team with career-high eight tackles in 2023 Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl against Rutgers (Dec. 28).

2022 (True Freshman): Saw action in four games in first season…Totaled three tackles (two solo) with one tackle for loss…Made career debut in season opener against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 3), finishing with one tackle…Notched two tackles, including one solo, in win at Georgia Tech (Nov. 12).

Harris
2023 (Redshirt Freshman):
Saw action in 10 games and made two starts…Finished with seven tackles and one half tackle for loss…Saw time in season opener against Miami (Ohio) (Sept. 1)…Had one tackle in win over No. 23 Texas A&M (Sept. 9)…Made first start of career against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 14) and had one tackle…Started and totaled three tackles in win at Temple (Sept. 23)…Had one tackle in OT win over Virginia (Oct. 28)…Credited with one stop at Florida State (Nov. 11).

2022 (True Freshman): Saw action in two games in debut season…Made career debut in season opener against Bethune-Cookman (Sept. 3)…Saw action against MTSU (Sept. 24).
fair points Grove, I F with you (pause), you always make mad sense to me. Good poster for sure

Advertisement
Safety is a hard position to play. Gotta cover. Gotta tackle, both in space and down hill. Gotta line people up. Need quick twitch reaction and long speed to cover grass and hawk ball carriers. Need to understand angles, shells, route trees, alleys. Need a risk taker but also need them to be in control. Oh and if you **** up it’s a house call. Might be the hardest position to play on defense in the modern game with the type of WRs and TEs teams roll out. We need studs back there

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back