Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

Advertisement
Ideally I don’t want a safety starting as a Fr. But scheme wise this is an enormous jump for him. Safety is the key to this defense.
With that being the case, do you see more movement coming from the portal? Do you know if there’s a person lined up specifically?

With that being the case, do you see more movement coming from the portal? Do you know if there’s a person lined up specifically?
The kid from Vandy is one that could very well start and I think they’d like to take one more starter quality . Rikey is slept on by some here because he missed a substantial amount of time last year. People around Vandy were very unhappy he left

Advertisement
Kam didn’t start as a TF in this Defense & this kid doesn’t have the same skills or IQ as Kam, it’s not the same circumstances.

You’d be setting him up for failure by throwing him out there as a starter day 1.

Last edited:
The kid from Vandy is one that could very well start and I think they’d like to take one more starter quality . Rikey is slept on by some here because he missed a substantial amount of time last year. People around Vandy were very unhappy he left
it’s just nobody knows what he is because nobody watches vandy and he was only a freshmen that played in 8 games

Kam didn’t start as a TF in this Defense & this kid doesn’t have the same skills or IQ as Kam, it’s not the same circumstances.

You’d be setting him up for failure by throwing him out there as a starter day 1.
Not an indictment on the kid but this ain’t running back. It’s a different animal that position. Plus this fanbase is a different breed

Advertisement
If there fans were unhappy then I am

Enrolling early
Source? Trying to populate the EE column with confirmed EE status

Advertisement
Love ZP as a prospect, but even I don’t want him starting as a true freshman. I don’t want any true freshman starting. Bain is a unicorn, let’s not get accustomed to that.
No doubt. Just looks like we have a lot of solid guys that don’t have this kids ceiling. I think Harris locks down a spot though and I’m a big fan of Markeith. Leaves guys like Richard and the Vandy transfer. We should have some depth but just wasn’t sure since this kid is obviously on another level as a prospect than those guys

Advertisement

See your point about not rushing him out there but care to elaborate? Because this kid's nose for the ball and the 2 games I've seen him play screams football IQ to me? Ball skills for days too.

I'm kinda neutral on him starting and I don't think he will out of the gate. But I think we see plenty of him and maybe start as year progresses.

Love ZP as a prospect, but even I don’t want him starting as a true freshman. I don’t want any true freshman starting. Bain is a unicorn, let’s not get accustomed to that.
Jeremiah Smith looks like he’s ready to start his true freshman year too.

Not a lot of guys will be able to do it day 1, but there are a few each year who are built different and can be ready after half a season.

Smith is one of those kids

Not sure about ZP but I have a feeling he’ll get a lot of playing time

Advertisement
Back