Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

What does Kam have that this kid doesn’t (since he started from day 1 basically) I honestly don’t know much about him

Or are you just saying ideally you don’t want a true frosh starting which makes sense of course

Zayquan has played alot closer to the line than Kam did at MNW.

Kam was single high a ton there...hence you seen how he read and played for us. He was jumping alot of stuff because well thats what he did alot in high school. Zayquan was kind of a m ove around guy at chaminade and played closer to the line

Advertisement
Zayquan has played alot closer to the line than Kam did at MNW.

Kam was single high a ton there...hence you seen how he read and played for us. He was jumping alot of stuff because well thats what he did alot in high school. Zayquan was kind of a m ove around guy at chaminade and played closer to the line
Ah ok cool. Thanks. So not comparing him to Williams necessarily but you see him more in that role?

See your point about not rushing him out there but care to elaborate? Because this kid's nose for the ball and the 2 games I've seen him play screams football IQ to me? Ball skills for days too.

I'm kinda neutral on him starting and I don't think he will out of the gate. But I think we see plenty of him and maybe start as year progresses.
In youth ball he played wr str8 thru...and in 7 on 7 tourneys in off szn he always plays wr. He would be a 3-4 star wr if he just played that side of the ball honestly but he is at caminade and they may have had 4-4 star wr's since hes been there and JJ Smith a 5 star. So ball skills are there.

He has a high football iq really does. He calls out stuff b4 plays and reads plays designs really well, hes done that since youth ball.

Its just a step up and if i was DC i would bring along just like i stated...Blitz packages closer to the line of scrimmage (what they did with Couch blitzing this year) specials ( he def will be there) and work him along the defense as the year goes. You give him a specific package i think he will be awesome.

No doubt. Just looks like we have a lot of solid guys that don’t have this kids ceiling. I think Harris locks down a spot though and I’m a big fan of Markeith. Leaves guys like Richard and the Vandy transfer. We should have some depth but just wasn’t sure since this kid is obviously on another level as a prospect than those guys
I see alot of talk on Richard...From what i saw...that kid should be duking it out to start at CB.
Damari and him looked really good and they bring length to the spot that messes with guys, alonfg with DP Jr i like that grouping.

If the elder Brown stays and improves int he spring then you move Richard to FS just to have him on the field.

Im high on Harris and believe there is talent there with Markeith....skinny but seems to run through stuff and breaks ont he ball well.

Ah ok cool. Thanks. So not comparing him to Williams necessarily but you see him more in that role?
Yes.

Which is funny as they have been friends since Zayquan was like 10. I was hoping he put him under his wing 1 year at UM.
But it just shows if he comes in head down and puts in work he has the same trajectory as James to the league.

Advertisement
I see alot of talk on Richard...From what i saw...that kid should be duking it out to start at CB.
Damari and him looked really good and they bring length to the spot that messes with guys, alonfg with DP Jr i like that grouping.

If the elder Brown stays and improves int he spring then you move Richard to FS just to have him on the field.

Im high on Harris and believe there is talent there with Markeith....skinny but seems to run through stuff and breaks ont he ball well.
Just guessing but with the more difficult safety system under Guidry maybe that explains Markeith disappearing a bit. Getting acclimated.

Two years ago he was one of the few people on defense that jumped off the screen to me, though he didn’t play much, you could see his athleticism

And yeah I’m a huge Harris fan. Thought he was a total steal in that class

All, thank you for answering my question. This discussion is high quality, really appreciated.

Love ZP as a prospect, but even I don’t want him starting as a true freshman. I don’t want any true freshman starting. Bain is a unicorn, let’s not get accustomed to that.

I hear ya. But we just had a friggin RT start as a true freshman. And even I approved (note: I was against Zion, Donaldson, Flowers, and neutral about Henderson starting as TFs). So I had to ask since the kid is arriving early and looks like a BALLER on film.

Advertisement
New York Dog GIF by NBA

Advertisement
Advertisement
I know you didn’t ask me but Patterson is a true strong safety that can stick you! He’s a ballhawk. He has coverage skills but is more of a thumper than Kam was. His body will fill out and he will play in the 205-210 range and be an issue.

Advertisement
Back