Safety Zaquan Patterson commits to Miami

View as article
Kam is a Day 2 pick next April. JW we shall see. If he continues playing at this level, he's gone too.
Kam is day 2? Many consider him the top safety in the country. I thought most projections had him as a first rounder?

Advertisement
If I'm wrong, I will wear it. But isn't the first round of the NFL Draft on one night? Isn't the term "day 1 draft pick" obsolete?
I don't mean "day" vs. "night." I mean that a day 1 pick is just a round 1 pick, as opposed to 10-20 years ago, when the first couple of rounds were on Saturday.

If I'm wrong, I will wear it. But isn't the first round of the NFL Draft on one night? Isn't the term "day 1 draft pick" obsolete?
I don't mean "day" vs. "night." I mean that a day 1 pick is just a round 1 pick, as opposed to 10-20 years ago, when the first couple of rounds were on Saturday.
Day 1- 1st round
Day2 - 2nd & 3rd
Day 3- 4-7

Advertisement
It’s possible Kam goes in the first round but simply because a team with a loaded roster at the end of the first round could fall in love with him from a player/character standpoint

His position, no matter how good he is, doesn’t really scream 1st round but he does bring a lot to the table

If I had to bet I would say no on the first round though probably more mid to late second which will give a team some great value

Safeties don’t really get picked 1st round alot, it’s just a positional value thing. Unless you’re super versatile like a kyle hamilton u probably go 2nd round

Yup. If I'm not mistaken Sean Taylor is still the safety taken highest in modern drafts (he may share that distinction) at pick No. 5. That has to be one of the lower "highest picks" of any position group. I love Kam but ST was different... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there were teams who probably thought Taylor was the best overall player in his draft class, but he still didn't crack the top 3 picks.

Yeah, I've been seeing him mid to late 1st in every mock draft since the beginning of the year. Short of a major injury or severe drop off in play the rest of the year, he should be a first rounder next year.
I think he has first round talent and character but the question is whether the NFL values that role as much. Its not as bad as the RB, but the premium is on CB, Edge Rushers, and DT. But hopefully he gets it.

Advertisement
Yup. If I'm not mistaken Sean Taylor is still the safety taken highest in modern drafts (he may share that distinction) at pick No. 5. That has to be one of the lower "highest picks" of any position group. I love Kam but ST was different... I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there were teams who probably thought Taylor was the best overall player in his draft class, but he still didn't crack the top 3 picks.
Yep ST was different, last one to get drafted that high was eric berry who was also a monster.

I think Kam could be considered the best safety but thats not a premium position for the 1st round.

Safeties don’t really get picked 1st round alot, it’s just a positional value thing. Unless you’re super versatile like a kyle hamilton u probably go 2nd round
Not many, but smart game-changing safeties still go in the 1st. Kyle Hamilton went 14 overall in 2022. A smart athletic safety can make a huge difference on your defense. I look at what Harrison Smith has done in his career with the Vikings.

Or run sub 4.5 like Lewis Cine and Dax Hill. A guy like Brian Branch having success bodes well for Kam.
Yep, dax and cine were versatile type guys too. Branch is like nickel/safety type. A pure fs type like kam probably goes early 2nd or hopefully late first to a contender like dax.

Wouldn’t be surprised if buffalo gets him they safeties are old

Advertisement
Yep, dax and cine were versatile type guys too. Branch is like nickel/safety type. A pure fs type like kam probably goes early 2nd or hopefully late first to a contender like dax.

Don't even get me started on the Vikings taking Cine. Such a stupid trade back and pick. Guy is currently 4th on the safety depth chart. We could have drafted Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, or Jameson Williams at that spot.

Don't even get me started on the Vikings taking Cine. Such a stupid trade back and pick. Guy is currently 4th on the safety depth chart. We could have drafted Kyle Hamilton, Jordan Davis, or Jameson Williams at that spot.
Hope he never plays. 😆

Just meant Branch was the top safety prospect last year but fell to second because of subpar 40 time. That 4.58 looks a lot better when you are getting pick 6s and having an impact on winning.

Advertisement

They don't but when they do, it's typically at the end of the first round. That's where I see Kam going. He'll either be a low first or a high second.

They don't but when they do, it's typically at the end of the first round. That's where I see Kam going. He'll either be a low first or a high second.
For sure. Safety is interesting in that a lot of bigger corners are being converted (i.e, Jaden Harris). Look at the top safeties in the NFL. Guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick were corners in college and have since made the transition.

Somebody tell Auburn to F^CK OFF…

He went to collect a little envelope and **** few coeds. Nothing wrong with that.

IMG_2283.gif

Yep ST was different, last one to get drafted that high was eric berry who was also a monster.

I think Kam could be considered the best safety but thats not a premium position for the 1st round.
Agree. Crazy to think that Ed Reed wasn't taken until pick #24...

Advertisement
Back