Safe to say “King is aiiight” and this team doesn’t play with championship energy

We really need a innovative Head coach like the funbelt lol. And one that hold his players accountable.. I've watched several games today and Head coaches who benched players for messing up.. so my question is what's mandy stance with the players and discipline??

Advertisement
Aside from the accuracy issues, the thing that has really baffled me is his misreads on the read option. As long as he keeps leaving the ball in the RB’s belly when the LB and DE are crashing down inside it’ll never have a chance. I really expected him to consistently read that better.
At 60%, King is very accurate. His read's on running downs are poor and he's not big enough to see the middle of the field well. He's super effective on the edges (over the top or out wide) and throwing on the run. He seems to struggle to find guys from the pocket.

OL was awful, Harley had a great game, but man, King still can't lead a receiver for anything. It's frustrating to see every pass downfield where we have a step on the DB, but it turns into a 50/50 jump ball/PI scenario
My thing is did Tvd get a real shot at competition vs king?? or did they just give king the starting because of his film from Houston 🤔. This would of been a good year to start tvd. Shiddd king ain't really lighting it up. 6 games in same vanilla lashlee 😔😔

Not sure I'm ready to give up on King just yet, but there are two things I have seen that I have been unpleasantly surprised by based on the games in Houston I reviewed...

1. His accuracy on the move

2. His deep ball accuracy

Both appear to be far less than advertised. He missed several wide open receivers tonight (most notably Harley for what would have been a game-ending TD) and continues to be 50/50 when on the move. If it happens to be a combination of over 20 yards and while rolling out it is far less than 50/50. He will never be a classic pocket, drop-back QB. I wasn't expecting that. But...truth be told...I was expecting more than this. It is what it is.
I feel like King was ONLY effective on the run.

Advertisement
Thank God we got DCJ at rb....he is star power and the best is yet to come from that guy. He should take his o line out for dinner or something so that they block harder for him.

King is the best we have for this season. That said, he is not as good as promised when we picked him up. Anyone that thinks he is NFL material is living is some sort of Bizzaro world. How is it we can score in the 1st 2 plays of the game, then have trouble putting points on the board for the rest of the game? Did someone hack into Lashlee's playbook? Takeaway 2 critical UVA penalties and we lose the game.

Show me a team that was 6-7 and played with championship energy the following year. No flaming, just asking.

Advertisement
he was better as a passer today and Harley was fantastic. thought the OL was meh. lashlees play calling was very suspect today.
Lashlee’s play calling has been suspect since the Clemson game. It’s like Clemson been in his head ever since.

Advertisement
Back