Sad win

it's really too bad the Miami media wont address these tough issues with Diaz. That is a part of their job...
This has been going on forever. You've been around long enough to remember the wheels coming off the bus under Coker's watch and the Miami Herald not only ignoring what's going on, but their beat writer, Susan arguing with fans defending him.

Advertisement
This has been going on forever. You've been around long enough to remember the wheels coming of the bus under Coker's watch and the Miami Herald not only ignoring what's going on, but their beat writer, Susan arguing with fans defending him.
yeah, they all play the access game, and being friendly with power, instead of questioning it...

The King of the Off-Season is the Joker of the actual season. Miami will never win with Mandy and if you trust Blake James to pick the next head coach, you are an idiot. Miami games will be a nice way to see old friends, but I will never expect a return to greatness. I’m happy I got to witness a great era, but we will never see it again.

Appalachian State would have beaten Michigan State by 20 last year. Maybe Michigan State has improved, but they were really awful last year.
They got their coach in the summer if I remember correctly. I also recall seeing a stat where they were in the top 5ish in playing the most players LY. Meaning, the coach took the Covid-shortened season (remember what a mess the B1G was?) to see what he had on his roster.

Chuckled as I typed that. MSU coach puts guys in to see live bullets and see what they have when the lights are on, as LT and JW ride the bench...

Advertisement
Is Chaney's injury serious?

Knighton and Chaney are the only two guys, athletically, who present a problem for defenses -- maybe Arroyo if he gets more PT. Without them, this is, in my opinion, the least talented offense we've had in my lifetime.

None of the WRs in the rotation are noteworthy. Our "speed" guys look slow. There isn't a single one who I would describe as a "natural" WR. And Mallory's performances are just dumfounding.

King could get away with being a midget with two good knees. Either he's being told not to run or he's hesitant, either way he's not the same guy he was last year. I don't think he has much confidence right now. I would give him the MSU game. If he doesn't play really well, you have to do what is best for the program and replace him.

The only way Manny doesn't completely lose the fans is if he makes changes at QB and WR, playing the young guys. Let's see what we've got with Garcia, Brinson, Rooster (when he's back), Arroyo, etc. I could suffer watching that defense every week if we did that.

How do we regress on offense with everyone back? Did I miss something in Jarrid Williams? Is he hurt?

Seems clear to me that we are too basic on offense. The “gadgets” that worked last year like the fake King run and pull back to pass just aren’t going to work in year 2. Lashlee needs to be the innovator he’s supposed to be. Concepts are basic and don’t change. Not sure why our last 3 OCs, including Richt here, are so stubborn.

Advertisement
Advertisement
But he has not shown, to this point, that he is a respected leader for a big-time program. Our performance in big games reflects that.
I was listening to an ACC preview podcast over the summer. Bet the Board with Todd Fuhrman and Payne Insider.

Payne is a pro gambler that graduated from FSU and lives in Miami. He is pretty connected in the industry, and seems to get good info.

One thing he said about Miami was that the rumors were that Manny was having a hard time controlling the players. I didn't post it here bc I don't like to throw fuel on the fire. But in retrospect (Knighton, Avante, Hodges, etc.), it certainly looks like it could be true.

Do you have anything you can share on this @DMoney ? Is Manny's lack of leadership due to the players not respecting him as a person? Do they not buy into his concepts/scheme as a coach? Is it just a bad culture?

I never bought into the "Manny is awful off bye weeks" stuff (just chalked it up to small sample size & bad luck), but when you start to look at this stuff on a macro level, it is hard to continue to give any benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back