Pro Wrestling Sad News - Razor Ramon/Scott Hall on life support (UPDATE: Has passed away. RIP.)

Screenshot_20220314-202846_Bleacher Report.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
8rSpRt.gif

Was one of my favorite wrestlers of all time.

He was an amazing performer & worker, got himself over as a Heel on both promotions & was apart of the greatest most revolutionary faction in wrestling history, the nWo.

It sucks that he struggled so much with sobriety but during his career he was an absolute star, it’s a shame he never had a World title run but he could work his *** off when he was on his A game, had so much personality & ring psychology, he could put anybody over & make’em look like a million bucks, just like Curt Hennig taught him.

I was happy to see he had turned his life around once he was with DDP doing DDP’s Yoga program, but unfortunately that wasn’t enough. Scott did a lot of hard drugs, pills & booze for a very long time, it’s actually a miracle he lived as long as he did.

But either way, he gave me a sh*t ton of memories as a kid & was a great entertainer in the business.

RIP Scott Hall 🙏🏾 Wolfpac 4 Life 🤘🏽
It’s a sad day today my friend 🤘🏽

Advertisement
Here's a few from the archives, so to speak.

1991: Diamond Studd (Scott Hall) & Oz (Kevin Nash) vs Z-Man Tom Zenk and Big Josh (Doink the Clown)

1985: Curt Hennig (Mr. Perfect) & Scott Hall

1989: Scott "Gator" Hall vs Bill Irwin (WWF's The Goon)

1993: Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) vs The Undertaker

Here's a few from the archives, so to speak.

1991: Diamond Studd (Scott Hall) & Oz (Kevin Nash) vs Z-Man Tom Zenk and Big Josh (Doink the Clown)

1985: Curt Hennig (Mr. Perfect) & Scott Hall

1989: Scott "Gator" Hall vs Bill Irwin (WWF's The Goon)

1993: Razor Ramon (Scott Hall) vs The Undertaker

Dear God @ some of the gimmicks back in the early 90's.

Advertisement
Dear God @ some of the gimmicks back in the early 90's.
Yep, Oz was by virtue Jim Herd (Executive Vice President of WCW) and Turner Broadcasting. The latter wanted to promote the properties that they had acquired in their film library, and Herd was on board with creating wrestling character The Incredible Oz.

Big Josh was either by Jim Herd or Dusty Rhodes. Dusty had just taken over as booker in 1991 and was responsible for bringing in a lot of fresh talent when he got the job. Nash was already there as The Master Blaster, but Rhodes brought in Johnny B Badd (aka Wildman Marc Merro), Diamond Studd (Scott Hall), The Rapmaster PN News, Big Josh (Matt Bourne, aka Doink the Clown), and "Heavy Metal" Van Hammer. WWF had gone quite cartoonish with their gimmicks (they had a Tugboat sailor, a Repo Man, a Viking, and others). WCW was trying to fight fire with fire and went cartoonish in their own right.

Advertisement
Back