Saban's weekly Press Conference: Miami Week

Advertisement
Unless I’m missing something, he’s posting what Alabama fans are saying they think it means
yes. Bama 247 has this as a "feature" after every Saban press conference. They try to decipher what he is really saying underneath all his vague comments...

Bama 247 board has a weekly column called "What Saban said and what we think he means"

Here's a few excerpts from his press conference today:

Saban on possibility of offense sustaining historic pace of last few seasons: “I really can't answer that because I don't know what people think out there, you probably have a better feel for that than I do. But I think the realistic approach is we have a lot of new players on offense, and it's a work in progress to get all these players to develop to be productive and consistent performers. We're working hard on that. The coaches are doing a good job of that."

"We've got new faces and a lot of positions, which creates a lot of opportunity for people. How they manage it in the game, how they can take it to the game, how they prepare for the game, those are all question marks that get answered when you play a game. We're working hard on it."

"Wherever we are, we're going to continue to work on it and develop it. I have confidence in the players that we have. We just have, you know players that don't have as much experience as we had a year ago. So, we're gonna see how that manifests itself in positive performance on a consistent basis and how can they manage playing one play at a time and how can they stay focused on executing and doing their job, and I think that'll go a long way to say, you know how productive we are you know as an offensive team.”

What we think it means: This isn't the plug and play situation UA unleashed on opponents over the last four seasons. Monday's drop of the depth chart revealed a unit that will lean heavily on fresh faces, with an emphasis on the passing game.

That doesn't mean it can't perform well enough to provide plenty of points while working opposite of a defense that should be Alabama's best in at least five years -- and might just score a good bit in its own right. Just don't expect this team to put up 45-plus points for a fourth-straight season. Instead, think more along the lines of 2017, when UA averaged a healthy 37.1 points per contest and go from there.
I saw another video where he sounded a little ****y about achieving big plays against us. Sounded like he was ready to take advantage of us when we went into what I think he referred to as i-zone coverage defense (he explained it as when we blitzed 6 and left 2 guys to cover a zone in the middle of the field and 3 DBS behind them). Said he was old fashioned and didn't believe in zone defense lol. We'll see what happens but both teams are ready for this game! Praying for the miracle! GO CANES!!!

I saw another video where he sounded a little ****y about achieving big plays against us. Sounded like he was ready to take advantage of us when we went into what I think he referred to as i-zone coverage defense (he explained it as when we blitzed 6 and left 2 guys to cover a zone in the middle of the field and 3 DBS behind them). Said he was old fashioned and didn't believe in zone defense lol. We'll see what happens but both teams are ready for this game! Praying for the miracle! GO CANES!!!
The key to winning this game is to get pressure. We need Young to feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Alabama has one of the best receiving cores in the country, so if Young has all day to throw, he will have a field day.

That's interesting. I do think we will blitz a good amount at times. But I think there's going to be a lot of deception also. Show blitz and fall back or come from the other side. They are talented, but they are still young. Need to confuse BY and the oline.

Advertisement
That's interesting. I do think we will blitz a good amount at times. But I think there's going to be a lot of deception also. Show blitz and fall back or come from the other side. They are talented, but they are still young. Need to confuse BY and the oline.
This will happen. Lash will show some new ****, and Manny will be dialing up some tweaks from past game film....
The key is to mask, confuse, disrupt this rookie QB to the point that our disguises play to our advantage..
Difficult but doable..........
I expect our Canes to rep the U in a very, good close game...

The key to winning this game is to get pressure. We need Young to feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Alabama has one of the best receiving cores in the country, so if Young has all day to throw, he will have a field day.

I'm with you 💯, except that first we gotta stop the run. If we don't do that, Bryce won't even need to throw.

yes. Bama 247 has this as a "feature" after every Saban press conference. They try to decipher what he is really saying underneath all his vague comments...
That’s kinda awesome actually

that’s how you know things are going well as a program haha

I'm with you 💯, except that first we gotta stop the run. If we don't do that, Bryce won't even need to throw.
We will be able to tell the outcome of the game early on. If Bama comes out and runs the ball down our throat, its going to be a blowout. If we comer out fired up and play aggressive on defense, we will be able to play with them.

Advertisement
this team has played clemson recently, with trevor lawrence and etienne and vennables D.

did we get beat badly yes? but ultimately it was the WR's inability to create separation and at least this group has seen a team of this caliber recently. I don't think we'll be manhandled by any stretch

we're the 2nd most experienced team in the nation, it's going to come down to penalties, turnovers, and our DL in my opinion
I agree with an emphasis on us staying close in the 1st quarter. Where we fall apart in previous losses was when we got smacked in the first quarter. If we are tied or close at the end of one, I will feel good about our chances.

Advertisement
Back