Saban vs Manny

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
Interesting take.

I’m legitimately curious because I see this often. If a college coach has guys who play well for him while they’re in college and they get drafted highly, but they don’t dominate the NFL (your words), something that an extremely small percentage of NFL players do btw.... that’s an indictment on the college coach? Even though they might have dominated/played well enough to be drafted highly on the college level while they were actually being coached by said college coach?

What they do on the NFL level against a different level of competition and while being coached by a different staff under a different set of circumstances, but the college coach gets blame/credit for their shortcomings/success?

Are we knocking Al Goldens college coaching for Artie Burns and Ereck Flowers not dominating in the NFL? Lol. I’m not trying to start an argument or attacking you, but if you can’t tell...I have always thought that was an absolutely ridiculous argument so I’m curious as to why you say “that says alot”?

What an athlete does on the professional level is on their NFL team situation and that coaching staff and has nothing to do with a college coach and their reputation for coaching college kids on the college level. Their job is to get the kids to play well for them in COLLEGE. Put them in positions to succeed in COLLEGE. Yeah, a certain system/scheme etc could have a kid better prepared for the NFL but if it worked for said college coach in college, then that is what coaching is. Especially if said college coach put said athlete in position to succeed and got them drafted highly. It’s on the NFL coaching staff to help the kid adjust to that level, leave the college coach out of it. They did their job. JMO
Probably a Butch fan talking about how great his Miami players were in the league. Like Butch made Ed Reed a Hall of Famer lol That does a disservice to the blood, sweat and tears Ed put in during his time in the league, IMO. Ed made Ed Reed, not no college coach. That is really the difference between the greats and the guys that bust in the league. Some are content just making it and when they get their money, they don't work the way they should. Guys like Ed are self motivated and continue to work at being the best. Has nothing to do with who coached them in college.

Advertisement
I feel your pain.

I’m a Bucs fan.

Before Brady, I spent **** near 20years on suicide watch.

Man, ya’ll r hella high on the hog, brotha. Listen, at least u’ve experienced 2 SBs in ur life. Man, I haven’t seen a SB since 86, when I was 4 yrs old. The next opp 20 yrs later, and this Gator named Rex screwed me over. Lol. Been sad times before & after that.

You need to do the same for the following: Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart, Jimbo Fisher, Urban Meyer, Mack Brown and others.

One thing manny needs to do is point out before kick off to the refs watch Jobe he holds every play. Make it known Bc it’s bull**** how he doesn’t get a PI every pass rep

Let's correct the title. Sabans 5 stars vs Manny...I hate the fact that people think this guys a genius coach. He's not he just out talents u and coaches go there to hop onto another job...knowing whatever tf they run will work with those athletes. He could run the triple option and they would win.
I agree if he was such a great coach he would’ve succeeded in the nfl but he was a quick flame out. I’m not saying he’s bad or not great but people act like he’s belicheck or some **** lol

Advertisement
He can coach but he's the best evaluator. UGA can sign 100 5 stars but are they the right ones? To me Saban has the Butch eye for talent that's the edge over the other schools. He amasses talent but his talent most likely plays like that talent. Where as UGA won't hit on as many prospects as bama will. If he was a genius he would of x and O his way into being the HC of the dolphins still.

Bama hits more on there prospects cause Saban targets the right talent. If they are low rated or high he knows their potential.
It also has to do with sabans discipline and no nonsense he doesn’t deal with players bull****. That’s what separates his teams from the likes of UGa

The law of large numbers.

You better be putting a ton of NFL players in the league if your three deep bench warmers are recruits that rejected schools like Miami.

Look at their recruiting rankings for the last 15 years. Look at all the five stars, look at all the high four stars. Now compare it to middle of the road recruiters such as Miami.
What’s the best way to ensure you have the most NFL draft picks? Sign the highest number of highly ranked recruits. It’s no special formula or incredible eye for talent. It’s just a matter of having a list of guys that everyone wants and being able to get most of them. They’re not out there turning three star, diamonds in the rough into first rounders. They’ll never sign a guy who’s not in huge demand because they see some special trait that nobody else does.

Honestly, that’s the best system to use because it eliminates the dependency on evaluation. You can miss on half your evaluations because it doesn’t matter. The other half of your guys are stars. It’s a numbers game.

You mean to tell me that if the Dolphins made a good decision for once in their worthless lives Nick would still be in the NFL and the Bama dynasty would not have altered cfb history forever? WHAT?

Man I couldn’t imagine being a Cane fan and a Dolphin fan at the same time. Y’all the toughest mu****ers on earth. Anybody weaker would have shot themselves in the face with a 12 gauge long, long ago.
It's the dolphins fault for bama

Advertisement
What’s the best way to ensure you have the most NFL draft picks? Sign the highest number of highly ranked recruits. It’s no special formula or incredible eye for talent. It’s just a matter of having a list of guys that everyone wants and being able to get most of them. They’re not out there turning three star, diamonds in the rough into first rounders. They’ll never sign a guy who’s not in huge demand because they see some special trait that nobody else does.

Just some of the 3 stars that coach Saban developed that have had NFL careers and were big players for the Crimson Tide.

Just some of the 3 stars that coach Saban developed that have had NFL careers and were big players for the Crimson Tide.

Anthony Steen
Chance Warmack
Bradley Bozeman
Josh Jacobs
Kareem Jackson
Eddie Jackson
Terrance Cody
Mac Jones

All the players get developed. Coach Saban doesn't get fascinated with stars on a helmet but does seem to have a keen eye on football players under those stars. I've learned over the years, just following a little recruiting, that not all stars are created equal.

What often happens is once coach Saban takes a kid nobody really wanted, like Josh Jacobs, then it turns into a feeding frenzy. The only time Oklahoma or Missouri were interested in the kid was when he had an offer from Bama, very late in the recruiting process. I would say that coach Saban has a history of keeping his eyes open for football players, regardless of other teams' interests or how many stars they have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back