Saban vs Manny

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

So I was searching for Miami Alabama YouTube clips and I don't know why these YouTube thumbnails are making me crack up so much! Like they perfectly capture who these guys are, Saban with his resting *****face and Manny looking like a used car salesman at Gus Machado Ford!

Screenshot_20210830-221305.png

Advertisement
Let's correct the title. Sabans 5 stars vs Manny...I hate the fact that people think this guys a genius coach. He's not he just out talents u and coaches go there to hop onto another job...knowing whatever tf they run will work with those athletes. He could run the triple option and they would win.

Let's correct the title. Sabans 5 stars vs Manny...I hate the fact that people think this guys a genius coach. He's not he just out talents u and coaches go there to hop onto another job...knowing whatever tf they run will work with those athletes. He could run the triple option and they would win.
Lol that might be true now but he kind of built that machine. I don't think he's the greatest X's and O's guy but the guy knows how to get into his players heads and have them play with discipline and cohesiveness. Stars alone don't get you rings. Otherwise Georgia would win it all every year.

Pretty sure Spurrier called Saban out once by saying why doesn't Saban win every year? Said, "If I had the best roster in college football I wouldn't be losing any games."

Advertisement
I’m with you on this but you have to give him some credit.

Saban has built and continues to maintain the greatest college system ever. He does have built in advantages that he wouldn’t have at Stanford for example.

But in fairness Georgia has similar advantages. So does Texas. And neither has done anything.

Saban is different. Being the king of Alabama is his happy place. He is recruiting days after winning the championship while Eddie O would be banging a coed and doing a line. That’s the difference.

But I agree he isn’t some coaching savant. It’s is easy to look good when you have scout guys that would start at many P5 schools and you have former P5 head coaches serving as interns/analysts or position coach.

Lol that might be true now but he kind of built that machine. I don't think he's the greatest X's and O's guy but the guy knows how to get into his players heads and have them play with discipline and cohesiveness. Stars alone don't get you rings. Otherwise Georgia would win it all every year.

No they wouldn't Georgia doesn't "recruit" better than Alabama and they usually lose thee game to Alabama

Advertisement
Saban has personally said himself that he doesn’t feel he’s the best football coach, but he does feel he’s the best recruiter.
lol at him being the best recruiter. Not even close.

If recruiting was a Madden rating he would get the same as Rumph.

What he’s good at is showing the results which sells itself.

But I measure recruiting ability by being able to get kids that may on paper been better off going elsewhere but the coaches personality and relationship steered them to a certain school.

Nobody is saying I went to bama because Saban swayed me with his charm. They go because he presented facts. His guys get drafted high he has the best of everything including coaches.

I’m sure TRob to this day still has guys in the league or out of it he still keeps in contact with.

Remember Saban is the guy that stepped over a USC(w) DT while he was convulsing and went to his office while he was the fins coach.

Yeah he’s a real charmer smh.

A great recruiter is someone that can consistently get highly ranked kids to his school despite the lack resources (legal and illegal) when compared to bama.

Advertisement
So I was searching for Miami Alabama YouTube clips and I don't know why these YouTube thumbnails are making me crack up so much! Like they perfectly capture who these guys are, Saban with his resting *****face and Manny looking like a used car salesman at Gus Machado Ford!

View attachment 153035
Imagine having such a hard-on for another school that you're comparing thumbnails like a perv.

Bro; if it was that easy to win w/ a bunch of 5 stars, then UGA would have a trophy room full of National Titles.

Since 2017 - 2021 (5 yr period) here’s the list of schools that’s had the most 5 stars

1. UGA (23)
2. Bama (21)
3. OSU (19)
4. Clemson (15)
5. LSU (10)
6. USC (6)
7. UT (6)
8. Michigan (5)
9. OU (5)
10. Texas A&M (5)

The only teams that’s won a Nat’l title during that span have been Bama (2), Clemson (2), and LSU (1).

Dude can coach; I won’t hate on him. The fact that Bama has so much turnover from coaching staff & players & they remain the same machine is impressive. Yeah they cheat, but man, once upon a time we were trotting out 5 star after 5 star during the Coker yrs & we saw how that ship sunk. It takes more than talent to win, although that helps a whole lot. ****, if talent was the only key, we would’ve won The Coastal at least 12x since 2004.

Advertisement
Real makes a good point with the fact that satan has converted his 5⭐️ Loaded squads into championships. Now he can claim they are all choosing to come to Bama to win, which people buy into for the most part.
on the other hand, what is jawjas excuse?
What is their “explanation” for how such a ridiculously disproportionate amount of 5 stars magically want to play for GA?
Does anyone have a logical explanation other than 💰.
if so I am open to being corrected.

Bro; if it was that easy to win w/ a bunch of 5 stars, then UGA would have a trophy room full of National Titles.

Since 2017 - 2021 (5 yr period) here’s the list of schools that’s had the most 5 stars

1. UGA (23)
2. Bama (21)
3. OSU (19)
4. Clemson (15)
5. LSU (10)
6. USC (6)
7. UT (6)
8. Michigan (5)
9. OU (5)
10. Texas A&M (5)

The only teams that’s won a Nat’l title during that span have been Bama (2), Clemson (2), and LSU (1).

Dude can coach; I won’t hate on him. The fact that Bama has so much turnover from coaching staff & players & they remain the same machine is impressive. Yeah they cheat, but man, once upon a time we were trotting out 5 star after 5 star during the Coker yrs & we saw how that ship sunk. It takes more than talent to win, although that helps a whole lot. ****, if talent was the only key, we would’ve won The Coastal at least 12x since 2004.

Be careful. When you speak facts that aren’t 100% negative statements for any other school, you get labeled as a “slurper”. Just a heads up. Especially this week considering who we are facing, you might wanna duck.

Saban is the best leader in college football history. Lots of other coaches have had the best talent and found a way to ***** it up. He’s elite at handling kids and maintaining that winning culture. Takes a different kinda person to keep a bunch of kids who have always been the best on the field, to just be another cog in the wheel that is Saban’s Machine.

IMO he isn’t the best coach. He does develop guys, but for all the talent he brings in, he should have 20 guys dominating the NFL but he doesn’t. That says a lot.

IMO he isn’t the best coach. He does develop guys, but for all the talent he brings in, he should have 20 guys dominating the NFL but he doesn’t. That says a lot.

Interesting take.

I’m legitimately curious because I see this often. If a college coach has guys who play well for him while they’re in college and they get drafted highly, but they don’t dominate the NFL (your words), something that an extremely small percentage of NFL players do btw.... that’s an indictment on the college coach? Even though they might have dominated/played well enough to be drafted highly on the college level while they were actually being coached by said college coach?

What they do on the NFL level against a different level of competition and while being coached by a different staff under a different set of circumstances, but the college coach gets blame/credit for their shortcomings/success?

Are we knocking Al Goldens college coaching for Artie Burns and Ereck Flowers not dominating in the NFL? Lol. I’m not trying to start an argument or attacking you, but if you can’t tell...I have always thought that was an absolutely ridiculous argument so I’m curious as to why you say “that says alot”?

What an athlete does on the professional level is on their NFL team situation and that coaching staff and has nothing to do with a college coach and their reputation for coaching college kids on the college level. Their job is to get the kids to play well for them in COLLEGE. Put them in positions to succeed in COLLEGE. Yeah, a certain system/scheme etc could have a kid better prepared for the NFL but if it worked for said college coach in college, then that is what coaching is. Especially if said college coach put said athlete in position to succeed and got them drafted highly. It’s on the NFL coaching staff to help the kid adjust to that level, leave the college coach out of it. They did their job. JMO

Advertisement
Back