Saban has retired.

1705122655534.png

Advertisement
DeBoer arrived in Tuscaloosa last night with his family and his GM from Washington: Courtney Morgan. Morgan was formerly at Michigan and it seems he is widely recognized as the mastermind behind the rosters at both Michigan and Washington.

Pretty telling how important a role he will have, arriving with the family.

There was an article in the LA Times about Morgan, DeBoer and their philosophy on NIL:. At Washington, Morgan has helped execute DeBoer’s vision for how his program will utilize NIL, which happened to be similar to Harbaugh’s.

“Our philosophy is to take care of our players and make sure the locker room is intact,” Morgan says. “You don’t want the money to interfere with the culture. Our first thing is roster retention. Make sure the guys in your locker room are appreciated while adding key value pieces to your roster. Now, there’s certain guys you may not get, the big-name kids who are making their decision in the portal strictly off monetary [factors].”

Morgan says that Washington will not take a player from the portal who has not proven himself at the college level. The Huskies are only willing to develop high-school recruits, who better be ready to work for what they earn.

“Our high school NIL is this: we will make sure guys get something, but they’re not going to come in making more than the guys on our team,” Morgan says. “How do we pay a high school kid more money than a guy who’s giving you blood, sweat and tears everyday?”

Advertisement
DeBoer arrived in Tuscaloosa last night with his family and his GM from Washington: Courtney Morgan. Morgan was formerly at Michigan and it seems he is widely recognized as the mastermind behind the rosters at both Michigan and Washington.

There was an article in the LA Times about Morgan, DeBoer and their philosophy on NIL:. At Washington, Morgan has helped execute DeBoer’s vision for how his program will utilize NIL, which happened to be similar to Harbaugh’s.

“Our philosophy is to take care of our players and make sure the locker room is intact,” Morgan says. “You don’t want the money to interfere with the culture. Our first thing is roster retention. Make sure the guys in your locker room are appreciated while adding key value pieces to your roster. Now, there’s certain guys you may not get, the big-name kids who are making their decision in the portal strictly off monetary [factors].”

Morgan says that Washington will not take a player from the portal who has not proven himself at the college level. The Huskies are only willing to develop high-school recruits, who better be ready to work for what they earn.

“Our high school NIL is this: we will make sure guys get something, but they’re not going to come in making more than the guys on our team,” Morgan says. “How do we pay a high school kid more money than a guy who’s giving you blood, sweat and tears everyday?”
@Rellyrell "The Drop-Off"

Advertisement

That won't work in SEC recruiting. Good luck!

I can agree with that but in the SEC i believe talent trumps coaching most of the time so if he can’t get the talent their not sure scheme matters
That may be true, but who would be available meeting your criteria? I think he’ll do fine. He’a a proven coach and he has a great brand behind him. I don’t like Alabama, so I hope he doesn’t do as well. :)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Like most fans, this stuff happens all the time. It’s whatever……until it’s your school. No sympathy for them whatsoever.

I love the ones that claim how much they hate the game now and are done. They’re the ones that’ll be tuning in like the rest of us for every game.

Advertisement
DeBoer was 10-1 at Washington against top 25 opponents. 12-2 overall against top 25 opponents at Fresno and Washington. That is incredible and no fluke when you win like that. The guy is an excellent coach me thinks. This could potentially be a scary hire. He will have access to much better talent.

Advertisement
Back