Saban has retired.

Crazy to me that coaches get away with this ****. How do you look recruits in the eyes for months and even years selling them on there 3-4 years of college and the as soon as they sign an LOI all of a sudden his hearts not in it anymore and time to retire. Liar until the end….what a ****.

It’s business. Imagine a player wearing a coach’s loafer…and then being in a different state when the shoeless coach comes to visit…

Business.

Advertisement
He did his thing, can’t deny that or take it from him.

But he also had advantages/resources most didn’t. Both are true. I always think of the graphic when they’re previewing matchups that goes something like:

5* Players Per Team:

Alabama 38
Everyone Else Combined 9

Most surprising thing is that they ever lost a game.
Agreed. Take away the systemic cheating and he's still a coach who wins multiple natties anyway. But, the constant cheating and then acting holier than thou when NIL shows up to circumvent his illegal system, is too much.

Josh Pate does this homage to him and basically says that Saban would've stayed if the NIL changes hadn't come. That right there is the very reason why I only tip my cap slightly to him. He truly is a great football coach and knows how to run an organization at its peak performance, but he is tarnished because of the constant cheating, followed by righteous indignation that the system was removing his enormous advantage.

Glad he's gone. This can only help the Canes.

Advertisement
He retiremement home is in West Palm.
Whole point of owning a Mercedes AMG is being able to open her up on the highway. He could be in coral gables within an hour, and given he is a geriatric he will get on the road before there is traffic anyway.

Advertisement
I know of a guy who would do quite well at Oregon….in fact he’s done it there before lol
I'm sure they'll love to have him back!
download.jpeg

That was some shady **** Saban and his staff did. He didn't just decide to retire this week. His retirement has been known well before the season even started. He bought that house in Jupiter back in August.

If I was a 2024 signee at Alabama, I'd put my name in the portal and force the new staff to recruit me.
I told yall about the Jupiter house months ago, no one wanted to listen. I know a general contractor in the area and he said there have been other contractors at the house all this week bidding for jobs. As crazy as this sounds the 20M house is in need of some major upgrades and doesn’t compare to some of his neighbors. I know there was no pool at the house so sure that will be one job on top of other upgrades. Jupiter island is a place where you can’t do much work till Jupiter is out of season and the snowbirds return up north though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All of you saying please take Mario…he had consecutive top 10 recruiting classes here with a crap record, but you wish him to Baga?? I guess I shouldn’t be surprised in some of your logic anymore.
Not only that, but we could easily see the top 20-30 players (or more) leave the school within days.

he's retiring because NIL leveled the playing field.
People keep saying that but they have signed 45 top 100 recruits in the last 3 cycles. That's 14 more than UGA.

Guys getting a covid year is what helped Michigan and Washington level the playing field.

He might not have wanted to deal with NIL and the portal anymore but he still had one of the most talented rosters in CFB and was still getting who he wanted.

UGA was on the same playing field to begin with and is the only school with more talent.

If they had an actual QB they likely win the Natty this year too.

Advertisement
Back