Saban has retired.

Not sure ifbits been mention and its just rumor but someone just mentioned on a sports show that Saban retirement might have something to do with his wife being sick.
Caller also said darkhorse name that's gaining steam is Prime..šŸ˜šŸ˜

Advertisement
Not sure ifbits been mention and its just rumor but someone just mentioned on a sports show that Saban retirement might have something to do with his wife being sick.
Caller also said darkhorse name that's gaining steam is Prime..šŸ˜šŸ˜
I find these rumors stupid (no attack on you).

Guys been doing it for 30+years, pretty **** successful, but it's out how much of a toll it was on him and his wife.

The guy was done. I didn't expect it, but I remember seeing his face after the game against Michigan. He looked done. There's no need for spouting rumors as to why he did it or why he may have.

Advertisement
Thatā€™s how the ā€œfootball factoryā€ programs do it. They donā€™t mess around. They have a backup to the backup.
That's because agents call in for availability. Sabans 72. I am sure it became an annual occurrence for agents to call in and check on his status.

Looks like Mrs. Terry was ready to enjoy retirement and the golden years and Nick has known for months. Lanning is a recruiter and a **** fine defensive coach. Pretty much young nicky without the resume at the moment. Lethal combo that worked for them last go round (2007).

That time Saban had his hip replaced and he threw away the walker and resumed work the same day was epic.

Advertisement
Thatā€™s how the ā€œfootball factoryā€ programs do it. They donā€™t mess around. They have a backup to the backup.

Does that mean we're a super football factory since every coach we've had has been hired within hours of the previous coach getting fired or resigning? ****, Miami hired Cristobal while Diaz was still the HC.

Advertisement
Does that mean we're a super football factory since every coach we've had has been hired within hours of the previous coach getting fired or resigning? ****, Miami hired Cristobal while Diaz was still the HC.
Yes, That is EXACTLY what that means lol.

Advertisement
The end of an era, Alabama being good is good for college FB..

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Iā€™m going to have to take a ā€œhard passā€ on that take, my friend. Bamaā€™s demise canā€™t come soon enough for me.
I'd say this: Saban and Bama put out a blueprint on how to win and win consistently.

People will always point to the bag stuff, but so many big time programs are handing out bags and Bama continued to win against these teams anyway. And when teams started to make up talent differences with spread offenses, he adjusted and Bama kept winning anyway.

He put out teams with fundamentally solid coaching, taking advantage of the oppositions lack of physical play or borderline having better coached players in all positions. A lot of teams recruited athletic ability, but Saban just was always a step ahead, whether that was schematically or coaching wise. I don't like him, nobody likes the winner, especially when he wins all the time, but its the same with Harbaugh, at some point, you see what's happening and you just realize that that guy is good.

The downside of that was, however, because Bama was starting to pull a gap between them and everyone else, other colleges had to keep up with the same illegal methods to not make this a one-way-train. From 1999-2007, only one team managed to win the national title twice. In 2007, we had the ultimate cluster**** of a season and everyone could've won it. From 2008-2012, Bama won it three times. Parity was lost once he went in.

Is that good for the overall sport? Depends. Consistent winners bring in viewership and Bama brought viewers to the TV. But that happened for the sake of parity.

Each era has a ruler and the next one is already here, parity is a pie in the sky and always will be.

Nick Saban is the greatest ruler of all time. Respect.

Advertisement
Back